Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Other ( Plz mention who )

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
Just over 2 months left to the first Olympic qualifier, against very tough opponents consisting of Australia, Saudis and Jordan. To say this is a tough group is an understatement.

Almost 2 months, for a team that does not exist, is not enough by any means. I say the team doesn’t exist, becoz dear Simoes, instead of gathering more players eligible for the more important Olympics qualifiers, decided to go branko’s way and concentrate on saving his own arse, by choosing a huge number of in-eligible and overage players for the Asian games.
Not only he lost the chance at building and solidifying a strong team for the Olympic Q’s, he also lost the Asian games and … the rest is history.

Now, whoever takes the reigns, must do the miraculous and the impossible task of gathering the right set of players, making a team out of them, conducting enough tests and preparatory games to hone them into a cohesive unit, and get them ready for the huge games against very strong oppositions !
Good luck to Mr X.

Rumor has it that there are two possible candidates for the job: Farhad Kazemi & Majid Jalali.
Both are out of work, and haven’t been delivering the goods lately. But records indicate they CAN produce if the right tools are provided.

While Jalali’s strong points are his technical and tactical knowledge and theories, Kazemi’s is in a more practical and a more hands-on approach that relies on psychology and team spirit.

Ideally, if we could have both, it would make a strong combination. But we may be denied, due to ego and other factors foreseeable.

Who do you prefer to lead the Olympic team?

For those who advocate a foreigner as the coach, plz consider that there is not enough time for a newcomer to come in, get familiar with our football, players, system, …. And all the rest of what makes our football a difficult environment.

If you have any other suggestions, plz do mention. But keep in mind that if this choice is already coaching a club or team, his chances are very slim as most probably the IFF will want coaches who have no ties to any clubs/teams and are free 24/7.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
shahram jan, I doubt Denizli would be offerred the job.
as footballirani mentioned, he already is in contract with a club.

I also doubt he'd take this Omid team as I believe he has designs on the TM seniors . ;)

I voted for Kazemi, inspite of my fondness for Jalali.
simple becoz I believe the lack of time works against Jalali, who is more methodical and needs time to lay down his theories and tactics.

whereas Kazemi is more into psychology and practical aspects of football, which shd suit our team , given the short time and all the problems we've been facing recently.
His inclination towards an attacking football suits our natural style of football also.

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
LOL @ Jalali

How many more team he has to take to first division untill people find out how over-rated he is? (come on Peyz aziz, He took over Shahid Ghandi during nim fasl, and managed to get only 4 points out of 11 games!!! and with Pas this season before he was fired he had something like 10pts out of 11 games... THAT HAS TO BE A RECORD)

The funny thing is for some iranian (no offence pyaz jan) it seems the ability to use the laptop counts more than what he has done!!

I mean I know how to use windows, Mac, Linux, Photoshop can i be Iran's next manager?:--biggrin

Jun 18, 2005
Well Peyz if you want Irooni coaches to never have a shot against the "Third Rated Foreign coaches" then you must hope for Jalali.

I mean he going to screw up so bad with the given talent that he has that you wouldnt see an Irani coach at that position for a long long time. ;)

Look what he did with Pas. He constantly nagged about not having good enough players. Now you think that would change in Omid team? Hehehehe

Kazemi is also worthless in my opinion. He wont do any better.

I would personally want Dr Z for the Omid team job. He has gotten results with nobodies. Though he also has a contract with Bargh.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
While Jalali’s strong points are his technical and tactical knowledge and theories,
Peyz jan, where did you get that from?? because he stood a couple of times and made "balghoor" about some tactical theories in front of some journalists to put in their papers? or is it because he won IPL with Pas once with some of Iran's best players of that time?

Anyways, to tell you the truth, history has shown we will mess up with an iranian coach anyways, so why not make the risk and for once, bring in a real "professional" foreign coach?

So I go with the "other" option! ;)

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
LOL @ Jalali

How many more team he has to take to first division untill people find out how over-rated he is? (come on Peyz aziz, He took over Shahid Ghandi during nim fasl, and managed to get only 4 points out of 11 games!!! and with Pas this season before he was fired he had something like 10pts out of 11 games... THAT HAS TO BE A RECORD)

The funny thing is for some iranian (no offence pyaz jan) it seems the ability to use the laptop counts more than what he has done!!

I mean I know how to use windows, Mac, Linux, Photoshop can i be Iran's next manager?:--biggrin
Would you name the teams he has took to the first division beside Martyr Sugar Cube which was already in the relegation zone when he took in charge?

Also, why don't you talk about some of his accomplishments, like winning the league with Paas, winning the Hazfi with Saba, and also the beautiful football Vahdat used to play with him in charge.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
some of his accomplishments, like winning the league with Paas, winning the Hazfi with Saba,
How about Ali Daei?? He has also scored the most goals in history of football. Because of this accomplishment, let's make him the best striker in the world! ;)

R

rugsnotbombs

what about Dr. Z?

Zolfagharnasab, i'm not an expert on him, but it seems he's very good at getting a team to play like a team, even with a bunch of no-name players, like the years he was with saipa.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
How about Ali Daei?? He has also scored the most goals in history of football. Because of this accomplishment, let's make him the best striker in the world! ;)
funny.

The only Iranian coach, worthy of getting the job, character and result wise would be Gholam Peyrovani.
Still, there are tons of good coaches around ready to do the job.
I would go for Gabriel Calderon , the former Saudi coach or Philip Troussier.

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
Would you name the teams he has took to the first division beside Martyr Sugar Cube which was already in the relegation zone when he took in charge?

Also, why don't you talk about some of his accomplishments, like winning the league with Paas, winning the Hazfi with Saba, and also the beautiful football Vahdat used to play with him in charge.
Payam Moghavemat-e- Mashhad!!! 9 years ago.

Second of all, winning the league with likes of Borhani, Nekounam, Nosraty, Roodbarian, and endless list of TOP iranian player wasn't anything special in the same year the was no real compatitor there and our beloved team SS which came second with a point difference just had a face lift with all new players and manager. However managing to get 4 points out of 12 games somewhat a record.

Whether Shahid Ghandi was already in relegation zone or not doesn't really matter, but he only got 4 point in 12 games while there were alot of worse teams from 'players' point of view is the question.

if you close your eyes and ignore the fact that HE took Shahid ghandi to first division doesnt really matter, What about Pas the nxt season after the he made them champion, he got 5 points out of first 7 games or this season 11 points out of 11 matches -- as i said if 1 point per match qualifies you to be a good manager, give me a shot and i promiss I'll get you 11 points.

St_Mark

IPL Player
Oct 30, 2004
USA
There isn't much time remaining to hire good foreign coach from abroad and that will limit choices to IPL coaches.
If decision is to have Iranian coach, I will prefer GN (than Kazemi, or Jalali at this time)
If IFF prefer none Iranian coach , If we like a Khoshakhlagh coach I say Denizli , If badakhlagh is acceptable I suggest LUKA . They both have been In Iran long enough and know all players and politics.
If decision is to have Denizli, money or contract should not be an issue since already its government who pay his salary for his club.
I doubt they ever consider Luka, but may be someone should consider him for youth programs, he is not expensive coach but he has to be kept under leash.

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Bruno Metsu is my choice for our U-23

Bruno Metsu (born 28 January 1954) is a French football manager. He took the Senegal national football team to its first ever FIFA World Cup in Korea/Japan in 2002 where they surprised everybody by beating France in the opening game of the World Cup by one goal to nil. They qualified from the group stage and made it to the quarter finals only to be beaten by Turkey in extra time thanks to a golden goal from İlhan Mansız which made the score one goal to nil to Turkey. After Senegal had defeated France in the opening game of the 2002 World Cup, the president of Senegal, Abdoulaye Wade, declared a national holiday in Senegal to celebrate the team's success in defeating the defending World Cup champions. He is currently the manager of al-Ittihad and the United Arab Emirates national football team.

Bruno Metsu is a Muslim. He converted to Islam when coaching Senegal

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Bruno Metsu is a Muslim. He converted to Islam when coaching Senegal
Sad how under the current bloody regime, we have to first worry about if the guy is a Muslim or a Jewish and then look at his qualifications. Anyways, Metsu is my first choice too although I don't mind Macala either.

Last edited:

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
those who just blindly criticise Jalali ought to know a few things:

first of all when a coach takes over a team halfway through the season, it means HE has not had any hand in selection of players, and the kind/type of players he wants according to his system and style of football.

for example and for those who look at football on superficial levels only; X may choose mainly strong, physical players with little respect for technical ability or skill, becoz his system is based on a physical game and aggressive tactics ( much like bolton ).
he selects them and completes the club roster for the season.
now, Y comes in and may have other ideas for which he needs technically savvy and skillful players and ... .
how will Y achieve anything with those players?

very much like Denizli who didnt have a hand in pp's selection, and his system is based on more attacking football which needs good, natural goal scorers to finish what the team starts.
we see PP plays well ( except a few games recently ) up to the point behind the goal or in their final finishing, where they fail totally !
becoz they dont have natural strikers like enayati, daei, borhani, samereh, ... !

so, it pays to watch football a little deeper and not comment without considering all angles.

===============

given the following factors:

1- Extremely short time left
2- Very tough opponents ( aussies, KSA, )
3- not very high morale for the Omid players, what few of them eligible for Olympic Q's.

I'd say we wont find many takers for the job, unless they got balls the size of a truck!
to regroup the chosen players, add new guys , lay down the system and tactics, attempt to make a cohesive team out of them needs plenty of time.
then comes experience and preparation for this team, which shd mean at least 8-9 good quality test games , which is an impossibility.
then to face that kind of opposition?

I'm afraid no coach, good or bad, will be willing to risk his reputation and career over this "road hazzard"!

unless you get someone like GN who is either too stupid & rash, or is extremely gutsy and risk-taking to take over this job.

St_Mark

IPL Player
Oct 30, 2004
USA
those who just blindly criticise Jalali ought to know a few things:

first of all when a coach takes over a team halfway through the season, it means HE has not had any hand in selection of players, and the kind/type of players he wants according to his system and style of football.

for example and for those who look at football on superficial levels only; X may choose mainly strong, physical players with little respect for technical ability or skill, becoz his system is based on a physical game and aggressive tactics ( much like bolton ).
he selects them and completes the club roster for the season.
now, Y comes in and may have other ideas for which he needs technically savvy and skillful players and ... .
how will Y achieve anything with those players?

very much like Denizli who didnt have a hand in pp's selection, and his system is based on more attacking football which needs good, natural goal scorers to finish what the team starts.
we see PP plays well ( except a few games recently ) up to the point behind the goal or in their final finishing, where they fail totally !
becoz they dont have natural strikers like enayati, daei, borhani, samereh, ... !

so, it pays to watch football a little deeper and not comment without considering all angles.

===============

given the following factors:

1- Extremely short time left
2- Very tough opponents ( aussies, KSA, )
3- not very high morale for the Omid players, what few of them eligible for Olympic Q's.

I'd say we wont find many takers for the job, unless they got balls the size of a truck!
to regroup the chosen players, add new guys , lay down the system and tactics, attempt to make a cohesive team out of them needs plenty of time.
then comes experience and preparation for this team, which shd mean at least 8-9 good quality test games , which is an impossibility.
then to face that kind of opposition?

I'm afraid no coach, good or bad, will be willing to risk his reputation and career over this "road hazzard"!

unless you get someone like GN who is either too stupid & rash, or is extremely gutsy and risk-taking to take over this job.

Dear:
According to Mustafavi, in a week, Omid Olympic players will be announced!! And prior to that Coach name will be announced: he has already figured that out unless selection of players is prior to selection of coach like Islamic solidarity tournament and Coach Z.
According to GN, TM, players will be announced in two weeks.

پانزدهم دي اسامي تيم ملي را اعلام مي*كنيم و شانزدهم همين ماه يك جلسه تمرين خواهيم داشت و بعد از ظهر همين روز به امارات پرواز مي*كنيم و در آنجا دو ديدار دوستانه با تيم هامبورگ و اشتوتگارت انجام خواهيم داد و پس از آن براي انجام ديداري دوستانه با تيم ملي كويت راهي اين كشور خواهيم شد.

P.S Edit

=================Backward Somersault/Hip Pullover=========

They have no shame:)
استغفر الله العظيم الذي لا إله إلا هو الحي القيوم

NO No...
سيموئز بركنار نشده است
مصطفوي:
او هنوز با فوتبال ايران قرارداد دارد

داريوش مصطفوي درباره*ي وضعيت رنه سيموئز گفت:« او تا آخر سال 2006 با ايران قرارداد دارد و به طور قطع تا پايان اين زمان به همكاري*اش با فوتبال ايران ادامه خواهد داد. در روزهايي كه به پايان قرارداد او نزديك مي*شويم، در جلسه*اي مشترك با كميته*ي ملي المپيك درباره*ي وضعيت ادامه*ي همكاري او با فوتبال ايران تصميم*گيري مي*كنيم.»

فوتبال
1385/09/26
12-17-2006
14:50:05

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Peyz jan, how about his second season with Pas? Did he take over the team in the middle of the season then too? and again you fail to tell us on what basis you believe in Jalali's ability in technical and tactical analysis. Only because he won IPL with Pas once? But so did many other coaches. and Saba battery's hazfi cup doesn't even count because when he joined them, they had only 3 games to go.

Talking about superficial.... the problem with us iranians is that we are very result oriented. As soon as we see the smallest result, we take it as it is, without even considering why it happened or question if it can or will happen again!

Last edited: