Olympics Postponed to possibly 2021 Summer

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes but you have to understand all the athletes who were on thight regiment for an entire year now need to keep that up for an additional year.

and for japan i don't think they will recoup even a fraction of their cost.

Oct 18, 2010
nobody would have shown up anyway if they did not postpone it.
and no athletes can train now anyway so the competition would
have been severely damaged in quality if it had gone on this year.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^For once I agree with you playboy. I just talked to a family member about this, she is a two time gold limeades
and considered the greatest pole Vault- She said on her Instagram she sympathizes with the athletes but...
player safety comes first. Also, the Russians backed the I.O.C and they are big on the Olympics.
I won't give her name to protect her identity but if a two time gold medalist in Sydney and in Beijing is telling us to
postpone, then maybe we should postpone. It's just for a year anyways the Olympics will still go on.
I won't give her name but you can figure it out with this clip, She is giving us the perspective of the elite athlete and wanted me to share.
Side note, yes I know with those blue eyes and 8 pack she is smoking hot(it's in the genetics). She also tested clean and could have been..
on the coveted Russian gymnastics team however, she turned it down. Russian gymnasts and figure skaters are treated like cattle more than other athletes
Gold medalist champion Alina Zagitova echoed this statement.
She said the major challenge for athletes, will be the adjustment because athletes are on a strict regiment and train for a certain time period.
You are now asking them to train for another year and they were mentally prepared to start the games in the summer.
From her perspective, the challenges are more mental than physical.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
kimia got an at large berth for the olympics as a member of the
'refugee team' even though she did not make it in the qualification.

and of course she will meet the iranian girl in the very first round :ROFLMAO:

Oct 18, 2010
for the 1st time ever iran has both basketball and volleyball teams in an olympics.

basketball: iran-france-usa-czeck

volleyball: japan-iran-italy-canada-poland-venezuela

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Does anyone know what our medal hopes are? How is our wrestling, weightlifting, Taekwondo, judo etc teams?
We have 3 karatekas .all three world class and potential medical winners.
Hamideh Abbasali .Sajad Ganjzadeh and Bahman Asgari.
Volleyball and Basketball teams are there.
Volleyball could be a medal winner. 🏅
Wrestling and weight lifting I am not sure how good they are at the moment. Hope they do well 🙏🙂

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
تیم پناهندگان با حضور ۵ ورزشکار ایرانی در مراسم افتتاحیه المپیک حاضر شد. کیمیا علیزاده (تکواندو)، دینا پوریونس (تکواندو)، سعید فضل‌‌اولی (قایقرانی)، هامون درفشی‌پور (کاراته) و جواد محجوب (جودو)، ورزشکاران ایرانی‌تبار در این تیم هستند.

یک ننگ خیلی بزرگ بر پیشانی مسعود سلطانی فر
و جمهورى اسلامى

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
First gold on first day by Java’s foroughi.
China won the first gold, followed by iran.

First time ever iran gets a medal in the first day.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Foroughi is a nurse and 41 year old. Born and raised in Ilam.
IRI is calling him “ modafe haram” and his mother is dedicating his medal to rahbar!

Last edited: