Only one team showed up and that was Bahrian

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
with this said, all of you blaiming branko have to realize he is not the only one. every single one of our players were at fault today. not one playe rwas consistant and at no time did we play a game that flowed. on the other hand, bahrain, a team which was not that good a few years ago has trained and has become a good team. I'm not sure how many of you read the info we put up about them but they are no joke. they have 3-4 really good players and we should all realize that.

however, although they are a good team we have no reason to play so bad today. its like we did not even show up for the game. we should have lost today's match and we are lucky we did not with 2-3 goals for them! Bahrain was seriously unlucky today. they played at a higher class than us. our players did not even know where they were on the field... i'm soo frustrated!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Behrang jaan, no one played well, 'cause Branco is testing out a brand new system (an extremely stupid one too, if I may say) in the middle of a WCQ game!
It was pretty obvious no one knew what they were doing. Still, we are strong enough that we could have at least had some shots on their net.
But again, I forgot we're going with Branco's typical approach of "don't go to their penalty box, so they don't come to ours"!

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
What new system?

We played 4-2-3-1,same old system.

Also Behrang,I think defensively we were solid today.Plus Yahya,Rezaei,and Nekounam were good.

unknown

Ball Boy
Feb 7, 2005
thank u my brother about ur feeling and 4 this realistic talk , and we hope 4 the booth team ( bahrain + iran ) a very good results 2 the next matches and inshallah we reach the finalz together .

im so happy 2 hear that from u my brother and belive me we have no hate 4 u , and alot of us ( bahraineez ) like the iranian team ( of course after our bahrain team ) .
ان شاء الله بقوة الله , محمد وعلي نصعد مع بعض لنهائيات كاس العالم .
best wishez 4 all ya .
your friend ali from bahrain .
sorry 4 the languge , my english is not that good .

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
unknown said:
thank u my brother about ur feeling and 4 this realistic talk , and we hope 4 the booth team ( bahrain + iran ) a very good results 2 the next matches and inshallah we reach the finalz together .

im so happy 2 hear that from u my brother and belive me we have no hate 4 u , and alot of us ( bahraineez ) like the iranian team ( of course after our bahrain team ) .
ان شاء الله بقوة الله , محمد وعلي نصعد مع بعض لنهائيات كاس العالم .
best wishez 4 all ya .
your friend ali from bahrain .
sorry 4 the languge , my english is not that good .
Congratulations to you. Bahrain played well despite absense of some of your main stars and had couple of good chances. Your team has improved a lot and you should be proud of it.
Most of all I was happy to see a clean game. I hope to see this in return leg as well. However, I am sure you will see more fire and better performance and prepration from our team in our next game and we will not settle for a draw.
Good luck.

unknown

Ball Boy
Feb 7, 2005
zoozanagheh said:
Congratulations to you. Bahrain played well despite absense of some of your main stars and had couple of good chances. Your team has improved a lot and you should be proud of it.
Most of all I was happy to see a clean game. I hope to see this in return leg as well. However, I am sure you will see more fire and better performance and prepration from our team in our next game and we will not settle for a draw.
Good luck.
thank u my brother , and im sure too u will do better in the next matches coz u have got a big team and a big players .
good luck for booth teams .
مأجورين بحلول محرم .اخوكم علي من البحرين.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Babak jaan, a 4-2-3-1 is the formation not the system. The system is how you use each player in this formation, or how the formation changes to another one (like 4-4-2) when necessary during the game. We may have used a 4-2-3-1 formation, but we definitely didn't have a system.
Hashemian was playing on the wing! He's the guy who's supposed to be at the end of the crosses (the Helicopter remember!), now he's got the ball in the corner of the field there and looks up to see non one in the box - several times! What kind of a system is that?
4-2-3-1 is a nice formation, because it allows you to attack with more players when necessary. We had no system. But as far as formation, it did look like Branco may have heard something about the 4-2-3-1 formation!

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I think branko put forth the same system / formation / whatever you want to call it... the problem today can not be put on branko's shoulder's completly... he should have made substitutions earlier BUT the people to blame are those on the field. Not one of our players had a good game. We had some average players. NOT one of our midfielders played well... and neither did our forwards... we are LUCKY bahrain did not score a few on us. Our defense did well but they were also far from solid. how many times did bahrain penetrate our defense...

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Many times Behran jaan, many times. My point is though that if our players were not doing what Branco told them (and that's what everyone is suggesting for every single game!), then he should not be using them again and again. They didn't play well, because they were out in left field - no punn intended! ;)