Our 1st opponent next round Australia or Korea

babak

Ball Boy
Oct 25, 2002
DC
With the victory against Iraq, with a tie and a loss or even two ties in the next 2 games we will advance to 2nd round. We are will play either AUS or Korea no matter if we finish 1st or 2nd. That is going to be an early exit for us? Who do you prefer?:4kerim:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
^ I think against Australia we have better chance. They don't impress me much. ANyway, tomorrow's Australia-S. Korea game will tell the story, I guess.

But first thing's first for team, North Korea!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
^ I think against Australia we have better chance. They don't impress me much. ANyway, tomorrow's Australia-S. Korea game will tell the story, I guess.

What time is that game Silver jan?

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Well, If we are finished first and face either one of Aus/Kor and advance from that game, Uzbaks are our likely opponent in the semis.

But if we finish second and advance after Aus/kor game, japan will be the likely opponent in the semis.

Either way, we stand the same amount of chance and probablity. I don't think it makes any difference.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
It doesn't matter who we face if we are a good team then we should be beating the good teams in Asia. Park just said a few days ago he wouldn't want to face Iran so the Koreans sound scared of facing TM .

Aug 26, 2005

I disagree; I think a team like Australia's is the surest way for our humiliation. They are the worst type of team we can face: organized, talented and the most capable to identify and exploit our inconsistency and inefficiency at the back.

Teams like S.Korea and Japan frustrate Australia because they are so well organised and Australians are usually more workmanlike in attack rather than flamboyant - harder to fashion chances against well drilled defences. With our defence that has a lapse every 5 minutes they don't have to be Brazil...and Australia will put away their chances.

Oct 19, 2002
let's worry about the next round when we actually get there. we still have to play north korea and UAE and anything can happened.

Remember what happened to switzerland in the world cup 2010??? they beat the eventual world champion spain in the first game and did not even make it out of the group.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I disagree; I think a team like Australia's is the surest way for our humiliation. They are the worst type of team we can face: organized, talented and the most capable to identify and exploit our inconsistency and inefficiency at the back.

Teams like S.Korea and Japan frustrate Australia because they are so well organised and Australians are usually more workmanlike in attack rather than flamboyant - harder to fashion chances against well drilled defences. With our defence that has a lapse every 5 minutes they don't have to be Brazil...and Australia will put away their chances.

Thanks for elaboration Kaz.

Bahrain is still in it.they play Aussies in the last group matchday.if S.Korea defeat Aussies today and Bahrain beat India by 5 goals or more ( both are quite possible), then Bahrain would only need a draw against Aussies to advance as runner up.i would prefer this scenario.we have a bit of a score to settle with Bahrain.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
LOL dude, do you go looking for me in threads?!!
No I just happen to read the threads which you keep posting your negative BS on . You claim not to care about TM in AC and yet you are in every thread viewing and posting your negative BS comments so if you don’t want to waste your time on TM then why the hell are you in every thread making such negative posts?

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
TM on a good day can beat EITHER S Korea and Australia and make NO MISTAKE those teams KNOW that:) Whether we do or not remains to be seen and YES the quarter final draw for us is tougher than in the past, BUT we have enough weapons to nail those teams on a good day. AND WE HAVE NAILED THEM BEFORE!