Ozil retires from International football and targets the head of GFF

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I think Ozil has the upper hand in this discussion but he should have proved his point on the field.. All this stems because he was deflated during WC.

He conveniently pulls the earlier meet of Erdogan and Merkel but should consider this was 8 years earlier..

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Other EU politicians have to, but he wasn't forced to. He could have found so many reasons not to meet Erdogan, but he CHOSE to. Read his post, this guy has "RESPECT to the highest office of his family's country", would you have respect for Rouhani or Khamenei? you have respect to a person who respects human rights. respect is the thing of past.
حرمت یعنی که ما برابریم.... احترام یعنی اینکه ما با هم نابرابریم.... مساله
یکی از خطرناکترین چیزهاست.... یعنی تو بالاتری من پایین ترم..... تو بزرگتری من کوچکترمRespect
I see your point, I personally wouldn't even take a pic with Obama let alone that cancer Khamenei. But those EU leaders don't need too neither but for their own political stability they would do anything such as bombing Lybia and sending arms to extremists in Syria or Bosnia in the past. Ozil taking pic with Erdogan doesn't harm people but those leader's decisions do. All in all my point is Ozil didn't commit any crime unlike many crimes are committed by Democratic leaders.

Last edited:

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I see your point, I personally wouldn't even take a pic with Obama let alone that cancer Khamenei. But those EU leaders don't need too neither but for their own political stability they would do anything such as bombing Lybia and sending arms to extremists in Syria or Bosnia in the past. Ozil taking pic with Erdogan doesn't harm people but those leader's decisions do. All in all my point is Ozil didn't commit any crime unlike many crimes are committed by Democratic leaders.
1- Ozil's taking picture with Erdogan legitimize him, that's where it harms people
2- If you want to be fair, you can't just talk about crimes dems have committed and NOT talk about those committed by reps.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
At the end of the day this issue goes back to what the powerful in each culture advertise as acceptable.

Obama kills thousands with his drone strikes. but is advertised as cool.

Erdogan kills thousands (Kruds and some turks) and is deemed poopoo.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
1- Ozil's taking picture with Erdogan legitimize him, that's where it harms people
2- If you want to be fair, you can't just talk about crimes dems have committed and NOT talk about those committed by reps.
Then what is the difference between this and many athletes having dinner in the white house? Crime is crime doesn't matter who commit them, they all should get the same attention in our media and hold accountable. Ozil didn't commit any crime, he is just a footballer not the leader of democratic countries which claim to respect human rights.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I accept some of the similarities of the two scenarios but Erdogan laid off close to 20000 ;public workers among other abuse of power and crime acts.

WE neglect many of government and politicians crimes under act of good faith (supposedly they will do what's right) and they disappoint.
US believe it or not is the symbol of what's right in this eff'd up world and they immensely enjoy abuse of the 'act of good faith' scenario.
Turkey/Erdogan today is symbol of terror.

Ozil tries to hide behind what happened 8 years back, but Turkey has had a very undemocratic recent times so he could contemplate what he does so his own people view him as thoughtful.

At the end of the day this issue goes back to what the powerful in each culture advertise as acceptable.

Obama kills thousands with his drone strikes. but is advertised as cool.

Erdogan kills thousands (Kruds and some turks) and is deemed poopoo.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
No, the EU paying Erdogan top money to keep refugees off Europe and Germany selling him tanks to run into Afrin legitimizes him. Ozil taking a picture with Erdogan is Ozil taking a picture with Erdogan, something he has done at least 10 times before. Just google for Ozil Erdogan between 2011-2017. At the end of the day it is his choice to take a picture with Erdogan or not, just as it was the German players in 78 like Berti Vogts that decided to shake hands with Argentina's junta and legitimized it with "If the world cup was in USSR, would you say the same?" or Lothar Matthäus as an example choosing to take a picture with every 2nd rate dictator over the past 20 years. Do you know how fucked Turkey would be if the EU would impose the sanctions it did on Russia on Turkey? Of course they don't, because Turkey is part of the Nato. Erdogan would be gone in 6 months max. Already in the past 5 years the EUR vs TRY tripled. Not even Iran could manage that.

Özil is made a scapegoat for Germany being a failure at the world cup and all of this comes down to racism. Özil is a third generation Turkish migrant to Germany, which means his grandfather moved to Germany, his dad grew up in Germany, Özil was born in Germany. Yet, he was given the prize for integration, as if a guy who is German through and through needs to be integrated into society. How fucked up racist is this shit? Is anyone calling Sterling a Jamaican player or is LeBron James considered the player from Ghana? He did what all German athletes do and can do without public (media, government etc.) repercussions: pose with an autocrat/dictator for their own business interest. Nothing else.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Özil is made a scapegoat for Germany being a failure at the world cup and all of this comes down to racism. Özil is a third generation Turkish migrant to Germany, which means his grandfather moved to Germany, his dad grew up in Germany, Özil was born in Germany. Yet, he was given the prize for integration, as if a guy who is German through and through needs to be integrated into society. How fucked up racist is this shit? Is anyone calling Sterling a Jamaican player or is LeBron James considered the player from Ghana? He did what all German athletes do and can do without public (media, government etc.) repercussions: pose with an autocrat/dictator for their own business interest. Nothing else.
You can't just go around calling everything and everyone racist. You're changing the definition of racism. Not every instance of discrimination is racism.

The example you brought up about Ozil getting the integration prize cannot be classified as racism. It's absolutely funny and pathetic, I agree, but it's not racism.

Turks are discriminated against in Germany, true, but it's not really racial prejudice. It's more like "You're occupying our space assholes!" kind of prejudice. It's wrong, but far from racism.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
You can't just go around calling everything and everyone racist. You're changing the definition of racism. Not every instance of discrimination is racism.

The example you brought up about Ozil getting the integration prize cannot be classified as racism. It's absolutely funny and pathetic, I agree, but it's not racism.

Turks are discriminated against in Germany, true, but it's not really racial prejudice. It's more like "You're occupying our space assholes!" kind of prejudice. It's wrong, but far from racism.

How is it not racism when a person whose grandfather moved to Germany is not considered a German?

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Funny how dictators and monsters of this world are given a different treatment and reception according to ones political and financial inclination .

If Ozil was of Saudi origin and took a photo with sheikh of barbaria sultan hemar butcher of Yemeni children he might have got away with it since they are spending billions buying arms and even toilet paper from them but Erdogan ,Asad and ours are the only bad guys and must be treated as such !

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
How is it not racism when a person whose grandfather moved to Germany is not considered a German?
Not sure who has claimed Ozil is not a German. If someone has, they're an idiot.

But there actually exists a distinction between a Turk-German and a "thorough-and-thorough" Bavarian white dude. There should be no shame in acknowledging that distinction. By-law both are the same and enjoy the same rights, but socially, one of them definitely feels more 'rooted' than the other. Nothing wrong with that. Much like Ozil enjoys a serious level of social acceptance and status in Turkey (a country he absolutely contributed nothing to), the other German dude is entitled to his share of social acceptance for just being of German descent.

It works both ways. Right now, Germany is a superior economic force and a more desirable place to live compared to Turkey. If that changes in the future and Turkey becomes a destination for German immigrants, there's no doubt in my mind most Germans would not feel "welcome" in any part of Turkey. I wouldn't call that racism either. It's just how humans feel about the land their ancestors occupied.

Racism is a whole other level of discrimination.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
He is the citizen of Germany with Turkic roots, he is German by law and Turkic by genetics, he is German and represent Germany, he was born there and lived all his life there, that integeratin acknowledgement is bullshit and completely unethical, racist or not, it is racist. Why they didn't do this for Klose or Podolski, is that because they are white and not Muslim?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Not sure who has claimed Ozil is not a German. If someone has, they're an idiot.

But there actually exists a distinction between a Turk-German and a "thorough-and-thorough" Bavarian white dude. There should be no shame in acknowledging that distinction. By-law both are the same and enjoy the same rights, but socially, one of them definitely feels more 'rooted' than the other. Nothing wrong with that. Much like Ozil enjoys a serious level of social acceptance and status in Turkey (a country he absolutely contributed nothing to), the other German dude is entitled to his share of social acceptance for just being of German descent.

It works both ways. Right now, Germany is a superior economic force and a more desirable place to live compared to Turkey. If that changes in the future and Turkey becomes a destination for German immigrants, there's no doubt in my mind most Germans would not feel "welcome" in any part of Turkey. I wouldn't call that racism either. It's just how humans feel about the land their ancestors occupied.

Racism is a whole other level of discrimination.
a) Germany invited Turks over because they provided cheap labor. All this bullshit talk of German wunder and building up from ashes wouldn't have been possible without Turks, Portuguese, Italian etc. workers in Germany.
b) Özil did what any other German athlete is entitled to do. Take a photo with a dictator for his own business interest. While it is not a big deal with anyone else, it is a big deal with Özil.
c) What you are describing is racism and talking about and calling "how people feel about the land their ancestors occupied" is called racism. Sorry to be the guy to deliver you the news.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
a)c) What you are describing is racism and talking about and calling "how people feel about the land their ancestors occupied" is called racism. Sorry to be the guy to deliver you the news.
You're not delivering any news to me. You're just stating your inaccurate opinion. An opinion that is held by a lot of people without much merit in real life.

How people feel about the land their ancestors occupied is not racism by any stretch. You can knock your head against the ceiling all day long and I will still prove you wrong on that using 'you yourself' as an example all along. I probably shouldn't get into it here in this section but it's tempting.

A bit of acknowledgment of a human's primal instincts can go a long way in explaining many behaviors including this one. It's here to stay for a long time and it's not racism no matter how many times you call it racism.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
You're not delivering any news to me. You're just stating your inaccurate opinion. An opinion that is held by a lot of people without much merit in real life.

How people feel about the land their ancestors occupied is not racism by any stretch. You can knock your head against the ceiling all day long and I will still prove you wrong on that using 'you yourself' as an example all along. I probably shouldn't get into it here in this section but it's tempting.

A bit of acknowledgment of a human's primal instincts can go a long way in explaining many behaviors including this one. It's here to stay for a long time and it's not racism no matter how many times you call it racism.
Please go ahead and prove me wrong. LOL.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
But there actually exists a distinction between a Turk-German and a "thorough-and-thorough" Bavarian white dude. There should be no shame in acknowledging that distinction.
What you describe above is a distinction of citizens purely based on race. Unlike you, I do see a shame in insisting to make such racial distinctions of a countries citizens, especially those who are born and raised there.

By-law both are the same and enjoy the same rights, but socially, one of them definitely feels more 'rooted' than the other. Nothing wrong with that. Much like Ozil enjoys a serious level of social acceptance and status in Turkey (a country he absolutely contributed nothing to), the other German dude is entitled to his share of social acceptance for just being of German descent.
Maybe one way to make the "others" feel more roted (or just as roted as those so called "Bavarians") and strenghten the nations sense of unity would be to stop making these sorts of racial distinctions.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
What you describe above is a distinction of citizens purely based on race.
No. Not race. The Bavarian dude could very well be Oriental or Black and the feeling would not change.

Maybe one way to make the "others" feel more roted (or just as roted as those so called "Bavarians") and strenghten the nations sense of unity would be to stop making these sorts of racial distinctions.
No one is making any racial distinctions.