People have won.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
No mater what happens, people have won. We know it and they know it. With each uprising, they will have and have to give in some, until they fall. And fall they will. We know it and they know it too.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
But these aren't really uprisings, they're a few thousand, maybe 5-6 thousand at most. It'll only change when over 1 million people come out and protest. I'm not so sure that'll happen, at least not anytime soon.

Feb 22, 2005
I am not sure if I disagree. After each demonstration, the regime uses the situation to get rid of some opposition and close the noose.

The winners are the courageous people who came into the street and displayed what it is to be alive. You dont have dead to live a dead life.

Loosers are the ones who live in Iran and stayed home and watched, hoping others can bring them freedom. Watching them get crushed by the police. They are the dead ones.

Iran-Parast

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2008
Canada
strength of the demonstrations will be based upon the leadership. right now all rallys are dispersed. if mousavi and co. and provide good leadership i guarantee you will see millions in the streets across the country.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Thank you mashtijan. I've been saying this for 30 days now. Regardless of the results of this election, people have won.

The fraud sure served a bigger purpose than originally thought.

At this point, parents preventing their children from protesting, teachers telling their students to stay home, I.R and the lazy people sitting at home are the real losers.

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Loosers are the ones who live in Iran and stayed home and watched, hoping others can bring them freedom. Watching them get crushed by the police. They are the dead ones.

First of all, a loser is a person who can't spell loser, secondly, it's easy for you to sit in your house this side of the waters and judge people who decided to stay home, not knowing if they'll be any support by their leaders in the coming days, get some perspective dude, it's ok to analyze but not to judge ...

that said, pending Mousavi's speech tomorrow (if he's allowed to make one) the next days will take shape. If he surrenders to the pressures which I'm sure are made from every way on him then you can bet this whole movement will die out ... but he has the potential to strengthen people's action by a solid speech and give them hope and it's only then that you will see the millions in the streets

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
I'm not sure ... I've heard conflicting things, first they said it's 12:30 infront of his headquarters ... then they said he just asked everyone to come out at 5:00 same time as AN "supporters" ... imported rurals ... not sure ... but I misspoke when I said "tomorrow" ... haven't slept much recently!

Feb 22, 2005
Good points. Cant they just stop Mousavi and others from organizing by putting him under house arrest and cut all his communications?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Good points. Cant they just stop Mousavi and others from organizing by putting him under house arrest and cut all his communications?
Shah tried it with Khomeini. Doesn't work.

It slows things down but won't work in the long run.

I suspect Mousavi will soon start receiving foreign support. There's no way foreign powers will not try to utilize the current situation to their own benefit.