Pep Guardiola doesn't know anything about foootball !!

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Just a quick translation of what he said after the game (from UAE newspaper, from his interview with Spanish TV):

1- Without Messi we might still be competetive but we won't be this effective.

2- We played better than the 2009 final and created more chances.

3- I am not sure about my future, it is hard to find good players like the ones in Barca, but that is the next challenge for me. Who knows maybe next year we play bad and they sack me.

4- It is impossible to say if we are the bestt eam in history. I dont know, I have not seen the team of Madrid during Pushkash time, or Ajax during Cruyff era.

Accoding to Barca fans on ISP all the above is wrong! :p

Ok joking aside, I like Pep, he is very classy and hard working. Only time will tell if he can be this successful if he goes elsewhere.

Feb 22, 2005
Shows how smart and humble he is. He is so right.

Just a quick translation of what he said after the game (from UAE newspaper, from his interview with Spanish TV):

1- Without Messi we might still be competetive but we won't be this effective.

2- We played better than the 2009 final and created more chances.

3- I am not sure about my future, it is hard to find good players like the ones in Barca, but that is the next challenge for me. Who knows maybe next year we play bad and they sack me.

4- It is impossible to say if we are the bestt eam in history. I dont know, I have not seen the team of Madrid during Pushkash time, or Ajax during Cruyff era.

Accoding to Barca fans on ISP all the above is wrong! :p

Ok joking aside, I like Pep, he is very classy and hard working. Only time will tell if he can be this successful if he goes elsewhere.

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
1- true, anybody who disagrees with that is a moron, but anybody who says barca is all about messi is equally a moron.
2- true, definitely agree this team is also better than 09
3- not unexpected....typical pep, doesn't get carried away and he always threatens to leave just to keep rosell and the players in check. but pep is the main reason that barca has this crop of players at this time (he brought pedro and busquets to the team, xavi iniesta messi were around under rijkaard too but nowhere as effective as under pep)
4- agree again, how can u compare different teams from different eras?

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Here is part of an article about Paul Scholes retirement. The part about Guardiola's new profession is funny:

Even last week Pep Guardiola – himself a pre-eminent midfielder before he started out in the trophy monopolising business – paid tribute to the 36-year-old, labelling him: “the best midfielder of his generation.”

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
two points:

1. When Sir Alex says this is the best team he has seen, it's fair to say that this barca team is the best team of our times. Period.
2. with regards to comparing this team with the great teams of the past, I would say if you are a person who believes that the game of football has advanced compared to decades ago, then there will be no question that this Barca team will win any game against any great teams of the past in a rout.. It won't even be a competition..

Parviz Ghlichkhani had an interview on Parazit last week. At the end of his interview he said if the old TM (you know, the one that we brag about so much) were to face this TM, they (the old team) would lose by 5 goals.. he was implying that the game of football has advanced so much that there is practically no comparison between the old and the current generation of football teams.. But if you are a person that believes that football has not really advanced and the game is pretty much the same as it were 30 or 50 years ago, then I guess you can say it's impossible to compare.. but again, the question should be, has the game of football advanced since the 50's and 60's or even 80's or even the 90's.. I say hell yeah..

I personally think that even the great teams of Brazil will not stand a chance against this Barca team or , for that matter, any decent clubs of the present time.. the game of football is played at a much higher speed and with far more all around skills and tactics than it used to be, back in the old days.. The reason Pele, for example, was able to score so many goals in his time, was mostly due to the fact that he was much faster and skillful than his opponent.. he was a physically gifted player with far superior physical abilities compared to most other players in the world and that's why he scored on everyone and did with with ease.. If he were playing football today however, he would still be a great player, but not the great pele anymore.. he would be like Henry or Drogba or Ete'o.. the same argument can be made for whole of a team..

Feb 22, 2005
And that is what is shameful, a form of traitor, and destruction to Iran what the incompetence of IR and the regime keeping the national team back. This article says it all. Does AFC has to come to Iran and explain what they have to do. Could they not have figured out half of this on their own? Iran Football is sinking faster than Titanic and getting to a point that it will not be savable. Iranian people can only stand and watch it sink after what happend to them last year.

http://www.iransportspress.com/iran...prove-facilities-or-risk-losing-cl-spots.html

two points:

1. When Sir Alex says this is the best team he has seen, it's fair to say that this barca team is the best team of our times. Period.
2. with regards to comparing this team with the great teams of the past, I would say if you are a person who believes that the game of football has advanced compared to decades ago, then there will be no question that this Barca team will win any game against any great teams of the past in a rout.. It won't even be a competition..

Parviz Ghlichkhani had an interview on Parazit last week. At the end of his interview he said if the old TM (you know, the one that we brag about so much) were to face this TM, they (the old team) would lose by 5 goals.. he was implying that the game of football has advanced so much that there is practically no comparison between the old and the current generation of football teams.. But if you are a person that believes that football has not really advanced and the game is pretty much the same as it were 30 or 50 years ago, then I guess you can say it's impossible to compare.. but again, the question should be, has the game of football advanced since the 50's and 60's or even 80's or even the 90's.. I say hell yeah..

I personally think that even the great teams of Brazil will not stand a chance against this Barca team or , for that matter, any decent clubs of the present time.. the game of football is played at a much higher speed and with far more all around skills and tactics than it used to be, back in the old days.. The reason Pele, for example, was able to score so many goals in his time, was mostly due to the fact that he was much faster and skillful than his opponent.. he was a physically gifted player with far superior physical abilities compared to most other players in the world and that's why he scored on everyone and did with with ease.. If he were playing football today however, he would still be a great player, but not the great pele anymore.. he would be like Henry or Drogba or Ete'o.. the same argument can be made for whole of a team..