Persian Parade in NYC

Oldman

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:

The 2nd Persian Parade Day, in commemoration of the Nowruz or Persian New Year holiday season, will be held in New York City on Sunday, March 20, 2005.

The Parade route will begin on Madison Avenue and 41st Street and proceed south to 27th Street.

Please pass this information on to other compatriots who wish to help by donation or/and participate in this grand idea.

NYC is an international city and many ethnics have similar parades, isn’t time for one of the oldest civilization to have one?

Please note that it is Iran we are speaking about and it is purely NATIONALISTIC.

Iranian flag of Sheer o Khorshid will be in the parade as it is not representative of any political group but Iranian population and nationality.

Hope you can join us this year and through your participation, Iranian can introduce themselves BETTER!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Persian parade....hmmmm....so it's only for persians?? iranian kurds, lors, turks etc. aren't welcome?

DashAli

Gold Package Holder
Nov 12, 2002
Oldman said:
Ba dorood:
Please note that it is Iran we are speaking about and it is purely NATIONALISTIC.

Iranian flag of Sheer o Khorshid will be in the parade as it is not representative of any political group but Iranian population and nationality.
bro unless you have been hiding the past few years, the sheer o khorshid flag symbolizes the monarchy. at first it did not but as time went by it began to and today does symbolize the monarchy. don't come and say it is not representative of any political group etc. becasue it is just as the current flag iran has now.

in my personal opinion, i'd rather see green / white / red flag with iran written in it. i think its the only fair option that will truely represent ALL IRANIANS... as much as you or i might hate it the current flag of iran is what it is. when / if we have a revolution and the peopel select a new flag then you can say that flag symbolizes what iranians one...

DashAli

Gold Package Holder
Nov 12, 2002
Sly said:
Persian parade....hmmmm....so it's only for persians?? iranian kurds, lors, turks etc. aren't welcome?
last year many ethnic groups were there... its more than just for persians... i think you know that and your just taking a shot.. granted i probably would have doen the same if i did not know about it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
DashAli I don't live in the US and I've never been to this parade to know anything about it! But if this parade is for all iranians, it should be called iranian parade, not persian parade!

....and BTW, that's not taking a shot......it's correcting the mistake many "persians" seem to make all the times! I mean if you say there has been other ethnic groups showing up, imagine how many more would have showed up if the name was iranian instead of persian!