Persian restaurant recommendation in San Diego

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I will be in San Diego over the weekend and wanted to hear your opinions about the Persian restaurants, any good one there?

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
If you want to do quick style Persian, go to Bijan's chain of Luna Grill restaurants. They are all over town. For sit-in dine and wine in a more formal settings, there is Alborz in Del Mar, Sadaf and Bandar in Downtown, and Sufi in Balboa.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Guys while we're on San Diego, what is the best (biggest) Persian grocery store there? I went to one a few years ago and think it was adjacent to a big Persian restaurant. I was wondering if there's one bigger or more modern than that.
The one you are talking about is called balboa international market. While the management sucks, but they have the best barbari and sangak this side of the border. There is another store called north park produce which is as big as your usual American grocery stores. It is owned by Arabs but they have an excellent taftoon bread and they carry everything that the Persian store offers.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Bandar was good in the summer but knowing Iranian restaurants I can't vouch for them now as they are ever changing.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Guys while we're on San Diego, what is the best (biggest) Persian grocery store there? I went to one a few years ago and think it was adjacent to a big Persian restaurant. I was wondering if there's one bigger or more modern than that.
When I visit family in San Diego, I like to go to Balboa International Market. They have a wide variety, you can get anything you want and it rivals anything you will find in LA. Their food is decent as well I had their kabob soltani, not bad at all. They are located at the Balboa Shopping Center and enjoy your stay.

I will be in San Diego over the weekend and wanted to hear your opinions about the Persian restaurants, any good one there?
As for eateries you guys might want to take a look at Grill House Cafe and Sadaf Banoo resturaunt I would have answered you guys earlier but today was the first time I was able to long in, I was having problems before.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Sadaf Restaurant in DT was great. All my guests were surprised by the quality of the food and desert. My Soltany (Barg & kubideh) was mouthwatering delicious.