Petrov suffering from leukaemia

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
LOOOL.... thanks Kasra jan. :D You have a lot of lotf to me. :D

Oh, if you use anti-CD20 for treatment of lymphoma, you are depleting B cells. I guess your patients have some kind of a B cell lymphoma. But is that specific? because a normal CD20 inhibitor will also deplete healthy B cells.

But anyways, wow... I'm very impressed by your merits! Internal medicine, Oncology and Rheumatology! How did you have the time (talking about enthusiastic and smart)?? :D Are you still at Yale university or do you work else where now?

Kasra jan, I have an MS in biotech engineering and now I do research at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. I work with immune response in cancer patients with solid tumors (all kinds, colon cancer, urinary bladder cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, melanoma and even penis cancer, and more...). More specifically I work with B cells as APCs (antigen presenting cells) in these patients. My research goes back to an adoptive immunotherapy background where the patients' own tumor specific T cells are expanded and retransfused in the patients' body.

As for laboratory medicine..... I don't know if there is much money in that either. I think I should do a Bijans (an old member in this forum) and go into restaurant business. :)

Last edited:

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
LOOOL.... thanks Kasra jan. :D You have a lot of lotf to me. :D

Oh, if you use anti-CD20 for treatment of lymphoma, you are depleting B cells. I guess your patients have some kind of a B cell lymphoma. But is that specific? because a normal CD20 inhibitor will also deplete healthy B cells.

But anyways, wow... I'm very impressed by your merits! Internal medicine, Oncology and Rheumatology! How did you have the time (talking about enthusiastic and smart)?? :D Are you still at Yale university or do you work else where now?

Kasra jan, I have an MS in biotech engineering and now I do research at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. I work with immune response in cancer patients with solid tumors (all kinds, colon cancer, urinary bladder cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, melanoma and even penis cancer, and more...). More specifically I work with B cells as APCs (antigen presenting cells) in these patients. My research goes back to an adoptive immunotherapy background where the patients' own tumor specific T cells are expanded and retransfused in the patients' body.

As for laboratory medicine..... I don't know if there is much money in that either. I think I should do a Bijans (an old member in this forum) and go into restaurant business. :)
woooooow!!! karolinska institute!!! oh my god,only genius students can enter it,did you see how I am smart?:--biggrin,from what you wrote ,I found you have to be very smart,but believe me or not,only genius can be accepted in karolinska,your institute is in top 5% in the world....I met an endocrinologist who had won noble prize in research there....most of noble prize winner in Europe come from karolinska institute....
BRAVO,BRAVO,BRAVO,do you know thousands of students want to continue their educations at karolinska and they can not?you must be a genius,and please,please please,buy my word,continue your education,you are an ACE in the world,and never be hopeless(ghadre khodat va in daneshgah ra bedan),never complain,never,never,..after graduation,you can work in any country and any place...in USA,you can get 100,000 dollar per year easily,..
2)if you wanna get more money,you can take 2 years course of business management in hospital medicine and your salary would be 500.000 !!!! dollars......
3)but,please ,keep going till the end,GHADRE KHODET VA AAN DANESHGHAH RA BEDAN....
4)YES YOU ARE RIGHT,WE ARE DEPLETING B cells,so on one side you treat the patient but on the other hand you deplete the B cell,and predispose your patient to get infection......
5)right now I am practising medicine and I have two medical office,and work in 3 different hospitals,near boston,MASSACHUSSETE,at the same time,I am ostade daneshghah and teaching residents(those doctors who get speciality in medicine and aslo medical sudents)....

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I hope he recovers..
Had mankind spent 5% of the amount it has spent on global wars in the last 30 years on developing a cure for this fucking disease we would have had 10 different cures by now..
The money is spent on health care and medical research is enormous.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
woooooow!!! karolinska institute!!! oh my god,only genius students can enter it,did you see how I am smart?:--biggrin,from what you wrote ,I found you have to be very smart,but believe me or not,only genius can be accepted in karolinska,your institute is in top 5% in the world....I met an endocrinologist who had won noble prize in research there....most of noble prize winner in Europe come from karolinska institute....
BRAVO,BRAVO,BRAVO,do you know thousands of students want to continue their educations at karolinska and they can not?you must be a genius,and please,please please,buy my word,continue your education,you are an ACE in the world,and never be hopeless(ghadre khodat va in daneshgah ra bedan),never complain,never,never,..after graduation,you can work in any country and any place...in USA,you can get 100,000 dollar per year easily,..
2)if you wanna get more money,you can take 2 years course of business management in hospital medicine and your salary would be 500.000 !!!! dollars......
3)but,please ,keep going till the end,GHADRE KHODET VA AAN DANESHGHAH RA BEDAN....
4)YES YOU ARE RIGHT,WE ARE DEPLETING B cells,so on one side you treat the patient but on the other hand you deplete the B cell,and predispose your patient to get infection......
5)right now I am practising medicine and I have two medical office,and work in 3 different hospitals,near boston,MASSACHUSSETE,at the same time,I am ostade daneshghah and teaching residents(those doctors who get speciality in medicine and aslo medical sudents)....
LOL Kasra jan, KI is a good institution but it seems its reputation is higher than it really is. :) Anyways, we are talking about Immunologists and many of them are jobless, even the ones from KI. I really doubt an immunologist can earn 100k$ a year, even over there!

Massachussete you say..... MIT is one of the biggest universities in the world when it comes to my field and you talk about KI. :) baba damet garm! Some of my colleagues have gone to MIT to work and they like it a lot. Apparently that's where the real geniuses are. ;)