Pics/Video:Tehran Mosque Fire kills 59 ppl..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Was that really electrical malfunction?!thats the question to ask!very sad incidence indeed..

Iran Mosque Fire Kills 35, Injures 200
26 minutes ago
Middle East - AP

TEHRAN, Iran - Fire broke out at a mosque in central Tehran during Monday evening prayers, killing at least 35 worshippers and injuring more than 200 others, state television reported.

The fire at the Arg Mosque was sparked by an electrical malfunction, according to the report.

The dead included 20 men and 15 women, the television report said.

The official Islamic Republic News Agency said a long sheet of cloth segregating men from women caught fire and spread quickly throughout the mosque.

Firefighters were called to the scene and police cordoned off the area.

The neighborhood is near the historic Golestan Palace, where Reza Khan was crowned as Reza Shah Pahlavi in the 1920s. It also is near Tehran's bazaar, the heart of business in the capital.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Very sad... Mosques are very likely to catch deadly fire due to the huge amount of carpets and sheets of cloth in them. I've never seen a fire extinguisher in any mosque, have you?

You'd think a crowded place like a mosque would be well equipped with basic tools against fire, but hey, it's Iran.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
yeah true..
but oh well all they care to spend $ to bring in the best "Akhund of the town",not on insolation,etc.

here are the pics of the scene:

Oct 1, 2004
What a horrible thing to happen. That wheelchair scene freaked me out. What painful deaths they must have had.
Khoda rahmateshoon kone.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Sad! And you have no idea who to blame! I am not sure it is an accident.
May we ask what happened to the mullah?

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
so sad..... iran really should set up security rules for buildings... thats a thing I like about germany, there are so many rules..... most of the time you cant stand all the rules but then you realize how much more safer everything is.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
good question Saeed jan!
yeah the pics were so sad..;-(( specially with the son not leaving the dead body.

Guys/Girls: Watch the Video here to 30 the internal fire..(Scroll down the page to "AP Video")
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&ncid=716&e=2&u=/ap/20050214/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_fire

Iran Mosque Fire Kills 59, Injures 250

3 minutes ago
Middle East - AP

By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran - The death toll in a fire at a Tehran mosque has risen to 59, a police official said Monday night.

Hundreds of worshippers had gathered for evening prayers when the blaze began.

Tehran Police Chief Brigadier General Morteza Talaie was quoted by the official Islamic Republic News Agency as saying the death toll rose to 59 from the earlier report of 25 deaths.

IRNA quoted rescue workers as saying more than 250 people were injured in the fire.
----------

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Sabzi said:
RTHESE MOTHERFUCKERS THEY MAKE ME SO DAMN ANGRY
damnnnnnnnnnn..I havent read these before.:eek:
bunch of Racist Rednecks. cant believe they are actually happy about 59 innocents being killed.
Thanks to G.W.Bush,fanatic muslims and media, ppl have COMPLETELY lost their mind.jeeeeez...avazia

Asus

Bench Warmer
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal Canada
R.I.P......

I heared on the Iran CH.1 TV news that it was due to a heater which caught fire during the prayers, and most of the casulties were because of the rush of the people towards the exit door of the mosque !

But in Farsnews it is mentioned that is was due to a gas cylinder explosion !

Anyhow a confirmed report might be ready by tomorrow morning ..