Pictures of Iran thread

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
Wasn't the one in Eisenhower street with the big chandelier? I remember that store and the big toy department! Not that my parents would buy me toys from there :)

Kourosh was a relatively newcomer. Those of us a little older no doubt have a soft spot for Foroushgaheh Ferdowsi.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Didn't they make the Chevrolet Iran & Chevrolet Royal too?
Yes, they came later. Chevrolet Iran aka Royal was GM's Opel Rekord and was sold in the early 70s. It had a real potent 6 cylinder engine that would smoke anything on the road in those days.

Opel_Rekord_D_1975.jpg

Chevy Nova, Buick Skylark and Cadillac Seville came later. Here is the Buick. Very stylish still.

b77skylarksed.jpg

They were the last cars produced by GM in Iran and every bit on par with their US counterparts. The relaxing of the sanctions on the automotive segment has fueled the rumor of GM returning. Their plant is still there and running. I hope they come back and save the people from the hideous Chinese and low end cars they have to endure.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Wasn't the one in Eisenhower street with the big chandelier? I remember that store and the big toy department! Not that my parents would buy me toys from there :)
Not the old Eisenhower ave. (Enghelab today), if that is what you are thinking. It was right on Ferdowsi ave. a block or two down from the iconic "Koocheh Berlan". I have a vague memory of it but it was a classy department store complete with escalators and great food! The building is still there but like everything else it is ruined.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Yes, they came later. Chevrolet Iran aka Royal was GM's Opel Rekord and was sold in the early 70s. It had a real potent 6 cylinder engine that would smoke anything on the road in those days.

View attachment 36405

Chevy Nova, Buick Skylark and Cadillac Seville came later. Here is the Buick. Very stylish still.

View attachment 36406

They were the last cars produced by GM in Iran and every bit on par with their US counterparts. The relaxing of the sanctions on the automotive segment has fueled the rumor of GM returning. Their plant is still there and running. I hope they come back and save the people from the hideous Chinese and low end cars they have to endure.
My Dad had the Chevy Iran Beige color. My friends called it la kaghazi az my dad kept the original plastic covers on some of the parts. Later on he went to Germany and biught a 318 green BMW & sold the Chevy. The Chevy had more class.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
One of the comments says: میگن طرف تو قبر عینک دودی زده...
He is trying to say noor be ghabre shah bebare but he didn't want to get censored.
LOL