Pierce Morgan gone

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I am so so sorry and disappointed to see some of your posts.......Yes some old Eyranians have the tendency to exaggerate the Persian history....but worst than them are some of you boys who know very little of it and flip over and back over modern achievements of the west. Nothing wrong with science and technology but don't sell short our place in where humanity is - especially at the times when our whole culture is under assault from within.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I am so so sorry and disappointed to see some of your posts.......Yes some old Eyranians have the tendency to exaggerate the Persian history....but worst than them are some of you boys who know very little of it and flip over and back over modern achievements of the west. Nothing wrong with science and technology but don't sell short our place in where humanity is - especially at the times when our whole culture is under assault from within.
We have a lot of good thing the West can learn from and the West has a lot of thing we can learn from. That's how humanity evolves, by taking the best of everything and incorporating it into the collective.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I think by "we" he meant "Canadians" ;)
LOL. Just rubbing in that Hockey came, eh Deerouz jaan?

I am sure there are some. It is just that I can't think of any.
Of course you can bro. Iranians in general are more friendly and hospitable, have a very unqie sense of humour and stronger family ties. We also have a LOT to offer in terms of food, travel, literature, culture, and historical knowledge and experience. The fact that we don't put some of these things to good use is another story, but being Iranian is a very unique identity we should all be proud of IMHO.

Last edited:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States

Of course you can bro. Iranians in general are more friendly and hospitable, have a very unqie sense of humour and stronger family ties. We also have a LOT to offer in terms of food, travel, literature, culture, and historical knowledge and experience. The fact that we don't put some of these things to good use is another story, but being Iranian is a very unique identity we should all be proud of IMHO.
I don't argue with any of that but I am not sure it is unique to us. You can't say there is more food variety here than in Iran. Ethnic food in Iran is pizza, and a bad one at that. You go out to eat in and 9 out of 10 times you end up eating chelo kabab. On being proud, what has Iran done in the past 100-200 years that has benefited humanity. New drugs, inventions, discoveries, world peace, you name it. My list comes up darn short.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008

No guys you are both on the wrong path.....it is not about food or carpet................it is about Iran' place in human advancement. It is about Science,..... Chemistry, Physics, astrology,.....were founded in Iran. It is about arts and literature and advancement of human soul.......there is a reason we were first to eradicate forced labor and slavery.... All of that is in the past you say? well as I said earlier our culture is under assault......it must be defended, preserved and further advanced - not just for the sake of Iran.....but for the whole ME and the world. When it comes to ME, the choice appears to be either the Persian or the Arab culture. Our culture is winning......will win....because it is advanced....but we will win with no support from the likes of flint.......or the idiot old Eyranian men who consider themselves superior to others.......just because Khayam said or did something 8 centuries ago.

Oct 18, 2010
never liked the guy.he was not a good interviewer and had always had the wrong attitude.
you don't come to america and lecture americans and expect to have any viewers.that just
does not work with americans even the most liberal ones.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
This is false perception that all Iranians have of Americans. That is they have no knowledge of anything.

indeed one of the faults of the Iranian society abroad is they do not know a thing about the very societies they have been living in for 30 odd years.

if you compare the Elite of American Society they know more about the world at a high-level view (not just the middle east) than Iranian Elites would do.

if you ask Iranians well what's the deal in India they would have no clue. If you ask Iranians about the history of anonymity between Japan, Korea, China Triangle they would be clueless.

Even the Iranian Middle Class is clueless compared to the American middle class.

Iranian Middle Class thinks knowing the capital city of a few European countries equates to being worldly.
you are right :

[video=youtube;nlr-YPTxN6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlr-YPTxN6w[/video]

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I don't argue with any of that but I am not sure it is unique to us. You can't say there is more food variety here than in Iran. Ethnic food in Iran is pizza, and a bad one at that. You go out to eat in and 9 out of 10 times you end up eating chelo kabab. On being proud, what has Iran done in the past 100-200 years that has benefited humanity. New drugs, inventions, discoveries, world peace, you name it. My list comes up darn short.
No, I didn't say there is more food variety or that we have more than others to offer, just that we have a lot to offer. And Iran offered a lot to the world during World War II as a country, but what's even more important is the hard working, highly skilled and driven work force we have offered to the world since then. There's no shortage of Iranian doctors, engineers, economists, scientists and even artists working at the forefronts of their fields in the world. Again, I'm not saying we're "the shit" and/or better than others, just that we do have a lot to offer - and we of course have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
No guys you are both on the wrong path.....it is not about food or carpet................it is about Iran' place in human advancement. It is about Science,..... Chemistry, Physics, astrology,.....were founded in Iran. It is about arts and literature and advancement of human soul.......there is a reason we were first to eradicate forced labor and slavery.... All of that is in the past you say? well as I said earlier our culture is under assault......it must be defended, preserved and further advanced - not just for the sake of Iran.....but for the whole ME and the world. When it comes to ME, the choice appears to be either the Persian or the Arab culture. Our culture is winning......will win....because it is advanced....but we will win with no support from the likes of flint.......or the idiot old Eyranian men who consider themselves superior to others.......just because Khayam said or did something 8 centuries ago.
How was I wrong Masoud jaan? I said we have LOT to offer in terms of ... literature, culture, and historical knowledge and experience. Doesn't our literature, culture and historical knowledge and experience cover everything you said?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
you are right :

[video=youtube;nlr-YPTxN6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlr-YPTxN6w[/video]
You do understand that this video was Edited and it said so in the beginning.

I tell you what go to a hundred of your family members in Iran Ask them Who is the President of Iran, Who is Their Ostandar, Who is Their Shahrdar, Who is Their Council Man, Who is their Namayandeh Majles, Name of One local judge, Name one national judge.

Then go to the U.S and ask them question see where you get a better success rate. It does not mean that U.S citizens are better than others. It is just means as a whole they participate in the civil society in far greater numbers than Iranians.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

I tell you what go to a hundred of your family members in Iran Ask them Who is the President of Iran, Who is Their Ostandar, Who is Their Shahrdar, Who is Their Council Man, Who is their Namayandeh Majles, Name of One local judge, Name one national judge.

Then go to the U.S and ask them question see where you get a better success rate. It does not mean that U.S citizens are better than others. It is just means as a whole they participate in the civil society in far greater numbers than Iranians.
You forgot to mention who wrote Romeo and Juliet, who's Bennie and the Jets and what's the square root of 100! Actually, I would love to know a single country where you can go and ask these questions and find 5 or 6 people that don't know the answers so you can put them in a YouTube video! ;)

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States

It has gotten a lot worse in the past 10 years or so. There is virtually no discussion or debate about political or civic matters among people anymore. Gone are the says of heated arguments on every street corner. They have given up. What is talked about is the price of this or that, what is new in cellphones, price of $ and gold.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It has gotten a lot worse in the past 10 years or so. There is virtually no discussion or debate about political or civic matters among people anymore. Gone are the says of heated arguments on every street corner. They have given up. What is talked about is the price of this or that, what is new in cellphones, price of $ and gold.
That's why I keep saying here that people should not Over Promise to the Iranian people about how good the situation is gone get once a change in government occurs in Iran.

We are society that is very susceptible to cronyism nepotism because people are not really involved in their affairs. coming out once every four years to vote in national election is not called civil participation.

being involved in NGOs (preferably non-political) to better music, child education, drug abuse ,..... are really important things that we do no see in Iranian Society or Iranian Ex-Pats.

Now Veraji is something we are good at.
Yours truly is no exception.

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
AFIran - if the same type of questions are asked in Tehran......what would you think the results would look like..........what if a reporter asks questions on Iran history from first generation Afghanis born in Iran? This survey was conducted in Hermosa Beach there are no Americans left in California!!! lol

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010

where do you get this information ? you are wrong man , even americans themselves admits to their weak point but if you are just happy to get some likes from some emericans ,carry on .. you are absolutely wrong , everywhere has got disadvantages less / not educated but overall Iranian's common knowledge is higher than many other countries including USA , UK ,...

these guys all are schooled :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNzN3q-VgwI

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
where do you get this information ? you are wrong man , even americans themselves admits to their weak point but if you are just happy to get some likes from some emericans ,carry on .. you are absolutely wrong , everywhere has got disadvantages less / not educated but overall Iranian's common knowledge is higher than many other countries including USA , UK ,...

these guys all are schooled :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNzN3q-VgwI
so you count Common knowledge as Square Root of 100? right?

Next time you go to Tehran go Terminal Jonoob and Starting asking around for Radical 100 chand misheh.

And What part of Iran are you talking about and what knowledge?

Have you ever been to Kohkileh and BoyerAhmad, ChaharMahal Bakhtiari, Lorestan?

for the Thousandth Time Gheitarieh, Zafaranieh, Gisha, SaadataAbad, Niavaran, Shahrak Gharb are not a fair representation of Iran.

But for the sake of the Argument let's go with Affluent Tehran crowd.

How many in In those Iranian Affluent folks can tell you about Hinduism, Budisim, Janism?

How many of them would be able to tell you about Turkamenistan Iran's next door neighbor?

How many of them would be able to talk about Vietnam?

How many Iranians would be able to name One Sunni Islam Scholar?

How many Iranians would be able to tell you about Bahaism Bab the original divsions and .....

Again just because we were behind in Iran and we know a whole lot of superficial stuff about Europe It does not make us knowledgeable about the world.

Ask a few more in depth Questions.
Ask Iranians who the heck was Martin Luther? Why is that Spaniards and French are mostly Catholics but Germans are split and what was the point of Anglican church.

Ask them Why Italians and Argentinians are historically close?

Ask Iranians if they know about Oliver CromWell and his significance?

Ask Iranians why Argentinians are mostly White but Brazilians have a more split population.

Ask Iranians who the Mestizos are?

بابا جان گنده بینی هم حدی داره

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
How was I wrong Masoud jaan? I said we have LOT to offer in terms of ... literature, culture, and historical knowledge and experience. Doesn't our literature, culture and historical knowledge and experience cover everything you said?
BH Jaan - I did not say you were wrong.....I said you and Flint were on the wrong path. My point being, even if our culture was a total bust we must still defend it against the inferior and backward Arab culture assault which today is imposing itself not only in Iran and on the ME - but all over the world. Our culture is the first line of defense and is more than enough to protect future generations against this ruthless anti human backwardness.