Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramin Rezaeian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Please vote for 3 players as your player of the match. I think this will be a more effective way to get the overview of those that most think performed better.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
I guess Milad Mohammadi was solid again, no wonder the kid after just few games he found his way to the starting line up in his club in Russia and he is only 22. We finally got a solid LB who is both good in defense and push attack pretty well with his great speed(which is his main force).

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Yeki az yeki tokhmi tar. As a team, they perform well defensively, but as individuals, they're all pure crap. I guess credit should be given to CQ for accumulating points with these tokhmi players using the ugliest football possible.
Azzizeh man this is about results. Ugly or not its efficient. I agree with you that it was not Barcelona pretty football but it was effective. It was a tight match up. Two masterminds with brilliant careers and tactics. Iran came on top. We should just be happy about this and move on. And in the ugliness there were moments of brilliance. This Milad guy is truly something special. If he stays healthy he can be that left back we have been lacking for many years. Overall it was efficient and descriplined. and IMHO Ill take score any day over the way the playing style looks. Football these days should be viewed as a chess game. and a tight one indeed. Individual plays and certain finesse does not go a long way anymore. It can look ugly but being result oriented should come first.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Milad Mohammadi for me was the most complete player mate. Looks like the Russians know something at 22 he is already starting good info Karsa jan. My three are
Mohammadi, Ezotalli and Masoud Shojaei. Between the three though like Payandeh for the month I would say Shojaei but for this game Mohammadi. TOUGH CALL.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I also thought it was one vote!

1. Mohammadi
2. Gucci
3. PAG

I don't get why so many people vote for Ezzatollahi! He's far from his best form and only makes harsh fouls! I thought he was among our weaker players actually!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't get why so many people vote for Ezzatollahi! He's far from his best form and only makes harsh fouls! I thought he was among our weaker players actually!
The reason this ugly football has worked well for Iran is players like Ezzatollahi. There's really no bigger contributor to Iran's defensive triumph than the 3 central positions of Defensive Midfielder and the 2 center backs. Everyone else is simply doing a side job not even half as important as these 3. They are the reason Iran keeps winning battle after battle in their own half. That's what makes the opponent resort to wing-play which ultimately reduces their chances of success and makes them susceptible to counter attacks.

I don't find Ezatollahi brilliant or anything, but the combination of him, Pouraliganji and Montazeri (sometimes Hosseini) is what makes Iran the team it is. Everyone else is simply a replaceable auxiliary.

Plus he's a breath of fresh air compared to Nekounam who was slower than a turtle on crutches.