Please calm down and see the positive...

Feb 5, 2005
Sweden
www.iranian.se
I agree that this was one of Team e Melli's worst performance in many years BUT we must look forward and try to learn something from this game. We must also look at the few positive signs in this game.

I don't understand some of people here. There are still 5 games to go and nothing is clear yet. We got 1 point away and still 15 to get :) Saudi started the last 2 campaigns with losing first games and though making it.

In my opinion, except the bad performance by some of bacheha, there were circumstances which made this game a terribe one as we saw.

1 The first games in such important tournauments are always tense and a psycological sacrifice. It takes one or 2 matches untill the players, the staff and the coaches could actually come into normal psycological conditions.

2 The pitch was disaster and pure catastrophic. When the ball bounces so much then it takes many of technical player's ability to perform. Karimi, Mahdavikia and Hashemian are that kind of players who really need to "roll" the ball to be able to play their games.

3 Once again (I have said this several times in different forums) our left side of the midfield without Nikbakht is a catastrophy and there are no balance between our right and left side. Niki could easily change the whole game with his "running with the ball forward" and don't give Bahraini so much time and space to attack our left side so much. We could even see this weak point in Asian Cup.

Now look at the positive signs in the game:

1 Iran's defence played for once in life time :) a great game with Yahya (none of my favourite players) as a king. That was a dream to see the defence marking Bahraini players right, positioning right and even participating in the midfield's work. Rezaei and Yahya were great in this game. This is a good sign and give our defence a good confidence against fast japanese in the next game.

2 Players in several occasions did act professionaly and did not get involve with discussions, "hashie sazi" (Baharni player almost punched Kia in the face) and the CATASTROPHIC decisions made by the referee. I did pray all the time that our players would not do any mistakes in the 18 ghadam. I am sure that referee would blow for a penalty.

3 Another positive sign was Nekounam and his way of playing. He was almost perfect and did everything right in the middle of the pitch.

4 We dont't have to meet these "arabs" in the end of the campaign and we got one point in their own home with all "roozeh khooni in the spectator's place", "hAshie sAzi", "for 100% a corrupted referee" who could easily cost us the whole game with 2 players sent of and ....

I really think that we iranians have to learn to forget the past and look forward and prepare more for the upcoming events. Being angry or critisizing the team won't help us att all. Let's just give them a peacefull atmosphere to continue their way to the WC.

Our players are "ehsasi" and by supporting them in good and bad days we give them confidence and peace to do the job. Think that IRAN is a great nation with many talents and no matter how much difficulties we have in our ways, we will overcome.

Regards