Pooya ...

Karim Benzema Outburst Causes Real Madrid Rift - Report

Los Blancos' summer recruit is reportedly unhappy with his role in the squad, and has made his feelings perfectly clear..

Karim Benzema has stunned Real Madrid by stating that he does not want to play up front with Raul and is furious about being constantly substituted during matches, according to a report in Sport.

The moody French striker raged at coach Manuel Pellegrini after the defeat in Sevilla, when he was again withdrawn, because he was assured that he would not be rotated.

The report states that Benzema's attitude has not gone down well at the Santiago Bernabeu and that his outburst may have more serious repercussions within the squad.

The €35 million signing reportedly believes that playing up front with Raul is hampering him because he thinks that the Madrid captain is not mobile enough and that they cross over each other.

Pellegrini chose to listen to the forward's outburst, remaining silent as the Frenchman fumed that it is his right to play whole games after being brought in for such a large fee from Olympique Lyonnais.

The outburst by the player and the coach's inability to react shows that Pellegrini has less influence than he would like at the club.

In the summer the Chilean coach wanted to keep Alvaro Negredo and use the €35m that was spent on Benzema to keep Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben.

President Florentino Perez wanted a big name up front, and the move for Benzema was made, but that could be about to backfire as the first signs of his temperament are showing.

Pellegrini supposedly felt that Benzema was not mature enough for a move to Real Madrid

Last edited:
Florentino Perez Is Unhappy With Real Madrid Coach Manuel Pellegrini - Report

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is reportedly unhappy with the performance of coach Manuel Pellegrini this season as Los Merengues sit in second place in the Primera Division, according to Sport.

Despite winning seven out of eight games so far this season it is reported that the defeat to Sevilla, the first real test for Madrid this season, has already raised doubts in the mind of Perez regarding the Chilean coach.

Perez is said to be irked at the notion that Pellegrini has demonstrated his own ideas and different approaches to the those imagined by the president as regards team selection.

Pellegrini's decision to rotate the playing staff with so many games to be played this season is understood to be contrary to what Perez had in mind as he wants all the best players to play in every game, without exception.

The Chilean was apparently aware of the presidents stance on the matter of who plays and when but has gradually stamped his own system on the squad and it is now possible that Perez could become more intrusive in team selection especially when it comes to key games this season.

GRANERO: "I DID NOT LEAVE THE BERNABEU
BEFORE THE MATCH AGAINST TENERIFE WAS OVER

Esteban Granero said on La Sexta that rumours of him leaving the stadium before the match against Tenerife was over due to being replaced by Kaka on the 47-minute mark are utterly false.

"I'm seeing how my childhood dream is coming true; I always wanted to play for the fiirst team. I feel fortunate for achieving this because many of us wanted to make it. Real Madrid has taught me who I am and has always taken great care of me. I owe it to the Club to be the player I am today."

"We have to be concentrated throughout a match against sides like Sevilla. We played well at times and failed to score from several chances. They made better use of theirs and deserved to win. We've always regarded Sevilla as strong contenders. I hope they make things hard for every other team in order to make this a tight championship."

"I'm sure any First Division coach would rather have to come up with a starting lineup with this squad than with any other. It's easy to come up with one, but not with 70 because we can't all play in every game."

"I left the Bernabeu when the match against Tenerife was already over. I was in the dressing room, I finished watching the game, I said goodbye to my team-mates and then left. I don't understand why people talk about this. I have no problems with neither my team-mates nor the Club."

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
When you bring in a bus load of stars, you not only need a team manager but also an ego manager.

Too many players getting paid a lot of money and thinking they're hot shit.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
what a fucking idiot. i hope it's not true. the guy had some potential. and Pell, what a soosool coach. Kick the fucker out or simply resign.

These sort of things are Real's biggest issue, not lack of quality players. Year in, year out they have some ego monsters ruining things for them. They need an Ali Parvin.

Aug 26, 2005
That's the thing Real didn't get: a coach who commands respect. What has Pellegrini really achieved? Fuck-all.

They need to get Mourinho or a Hiddink-type manager in next year. But they're too dumb. They already had Capello and sent him on his merry way after winning the league.

Real Madrid Destroys Coaches,
Players And Presidents - Ramon Calderon

Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon is perplexed over rumours that coach Manuel Pellegrini's job is under threat after his team lost one game in the middle of an excellent start to the season.

"Real Madrid have a great team and are beginning the season in an extraordinary way," Calderon announced to Sport.

"This pains me because after they lose a game, despite playing very well against a great team, after winning five matches where they scored the most goals and conceded the fewest, as well as having won twice in the Champions League, they are already starting to question the coach.

"But this is a sign of the club. They destroy presidents, directors, coaches and players.

"It's very difficult to do well [at Real Madrid]. The current president had to leave after they went three years where they won nothing, and I had to do the same because it was impossible to bear the pressure, the insults to my children and my wife, the persecution, the private detectives..."

Moreover, Florentino Perez, the current Merengues chief, has chosen not to put up pictures of the successes of Calderon's era at the Santiago Bernabeu - a decision that has confused the ex-president.

"It seems a little strange to ignore two consecutive league titles - something that hadn't happened for 21 years," he declared, before reiterating that he was responsible for the purchase of star player Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I don't see him as mine, but he is a player who came to Real Madrid through an agreement made under my tenure. However, he does not come for the president but for the club, as everyone does."

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Real should really hire me, Karim was another player i never liked, i wanted Villa there ... i dont like Karim very much and now he is showing it. we should have had Villa then i would tell you what the team would be like, Pell. will be fired after Barca games, so i am not too worried about him. who comes next is a big question.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
That's the thing Real didn't get: a coach who commands respect. What has Pellegrini really achieved? Fuck-all.

They need to get Mourinho or a Hiddink-type manager in next year. But they're too dumb. They already had Capello and sent him on his merry way after winning the league.

slow down..

Hiddink was already at the Bernabeu once....with a president less demanding.
Mourinho wants total control over everything..won't happen with Perez.

Pellegrini is a great coach. He was not at a club to win much. Problem, he was at a club where he could work in peace and had little to do with stars, except for Riquelme. He has a low ego himself, maybe best thing to keep egos in check. However, if a 22 year old who hasn't achieved anything thinks he is bigger than the one forward who is maybe top3 in Madrid history, AND most importantly has the backing of the president and his buddy Zidane...what can he do?
Why should he retire? It's only 1 defeat and much to go, plus he is coaching the best assembled team in Europe(if we leave out the leftback spot).

Fariborz talked about Guardiola...Guardiola doesn't need Laporta..Guardiola breathed Barca before his mother fed him. He went through every position at Barca, from ballboy to coach. He knows the club inside out, he knows how to talk with media and players...Madrid would need someone who knows the club as well.

Aug 26, 2005
Hiddink was there 10 years ago, it's not like he's working with the same players or is the same coach he was back then either.

Mourinho, you're right, but that's the kind of ego they need. Also I am pretty sure Guardiola wouldn't have gotten the job if it wasn't for Laporta.

In the words of Shankly, "In a club of football, there is a Holy Trinity: players, the manager and supporters. The owners do not form part of it. They are only there to sign the cheques." Replace manager with coach and owner with President.

Aug 26, 2005
Liverpool raped you guys 5-0 in two legs and they've dropped 9...imagine how many you would've dropped ;)

Here's a tip: don't take pot-shots at a team that obliterated yours in the not too distant past.

Last edited:

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
Isnt there an Ex-Madrid player capable of the job? I dont have enough R.Madrid knowledge.

Buying all those players and selling those the coach wanted to keep doesnt give a good message to the coach or the players bc they know the coach aint in charge, madrid got a coach with low ego bc that is a coach who would exept such a thing, a good coach would have demanded to make his own team. The Galactico project didnt need a part deux, but when u fire every coach after one season/6 months then u aint giving them much of a chance either. Dont get why people thought Perez had an actual plan or learned anything from last time, they didnt make bad signings but they are individuals and Ego's. I also think Madrid doesnt take good advantage of their youth, they should have and I think they do have good youth and it would make for a better team. Madrid needed a full re-start, with a good coach with Madrid background and slowly introducing talents, getting 1 star player(Kaka) + xabi + offloading players would have been enough, but now they are heading in the wrong direction.

Having said all that I dont get what the big deal is, so they lost against sevilla, sevilla was in pretty good form and it was gonna be a good match anyway and the season is young. But a sudden small "crisis" after 1 defeat is also what the current Madrid is, altough its part of alot of big clubs just in a different scale.

I have a feeling that What Karim said has been a bit twisted by the media. I believe he meant he cannot team up with Raul as they're both have the same quality as an attacker.

Kaz, when you talk football please do not compare the two countries as England and Spain have really nothing in common in every level or aspects of the beautiful game.

Wrong or right from your point of view , Things are running differently in Spain but this is the country and league who present World's and Europe's best footballer over and over during the last two decades and I guess those who vote have their heads into football a bit deeper than you and me.

95% of coaches in Spain don't have the first say in the team selection. boards decide boards hire and boards fire .
maybe that's why you don't see Wenger and Maurinho come to spain with Mega Millions offer they receive . Laporta Gambled Pep and it came out a success then good for laporta. and guess what at the same time we sent michel to Getafe :doh:

Having said that due to the nature of the league if Barca fail for no valid reasons then Laporta will seat on the driver side , mark my word . As far as I am concerned Barca found a mother and that's pep. This is what we need in Real.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Hiddink was there 10 years ago, it's not like he's working with the same players or is the same coach he was back then either.

Mourinho, you're right, but that's the kind of ego they need. Also I am pretty sure Guardiola wouldn't have gotten the job if it wasn't for Laporta.

In the words of Shankly, "In a club of football, there is a Holy Trinity: players, the manager and supporters. The owners do not form part of it. They are only there to sign the cheques." Replace manager with coach and owner with President.
and if it was 20 years ago when Hiddink was coach...games change, rules remain the same. Coaching Madrid and Barca is more than just about success.

Regarding Pep and Laporta...yes, that is true...Laporta for whatever he is, makes great decisions.