Post CQ - How to build upon his legacy?

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
It is clear CQ made many good things happen for TM.
- eliminating player sAlAri
- building strong team
- building PEC facilities
- bringing discipline
- removing hashie ppl like rahmati, peyrovani, karimi etc
- pointing out our problems and fAsed football system.
and many good things more.
He is gone now, and it wont help to give Taghsir to anyone.
In order to move on, how can we build upon his legacy, and improve for WC 2022 and AC 2023?
This aim must be the main factor, before any thing, in order to find a coach who can deliver that.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
here is the most important things, Bring a better coach than him!!! he was good for defending and not attacking. We need someone to take us to next step now. Play attacking football, at least in Asia.. Bring someone that can win a game if we conceded a goal!! During this 8 years we did not win a single game after we conceded the first goal. That is a huge problem..

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
^^ in order to score you need playmakers
human jan since AK8 and Masoud Shojaei at his prime, we have had 0 playmakers. I mean real voroojak playmakers....0
Who? Ando?, Nekou? Ashkan? old masoud? Jahanbakhsh? Omid? Non
take Iniesta out of Spain 2010 team and see if they could win any thing?
We need a real world class voroojak playmaker to begin with.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Why do you guys keep saying we? We are not going to do anything. After CQ experience and how he stood up to Football and Sports Mafia they (not we) are going to make sure the next coach will be sarbezir and harf goosh kon even if he is a foreigner. So we unfortunately cannot do anything and I personally think we will witness way worse days for our football in the next 10 years.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Do what Japan did, deploy a system, not a coach so as a result you will go to the Asian cup final 5 times and win 4 of them with different coaches but that will be a dream in Iran and will never happen with this administration and legislation.
Yani ma 40 saal pish ANGHOLAB kardim ridim be mamlekat keh hala mesleh cheshm badoomia kar konim?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Brando Jan
Why do you guys keep saying we? We are not going to do anything. After CQ experience and how he stood up to Football and Sports Mafia they (not we) are going to make sure the next coach will be sarbezir and harf goosh kon even if he is a foreigner. So we unfortunately cannot do anything and I personally think we will witness way worse days for our football in the next 10 years.
I can't disagree with you, it doesn't look good.
In an ideal world as some others suggested long term planning and build from bottom up is a great idea but we all know what the score is with that.

Now the question is will Taj & Co stand up to them or will it be "if you can't beat them join them" as the English say.

After Ashkan retires from team melli which could be not to far away I don't see any player that could lead the team, even though he was playing well but he is 32 and doesn't have the legs he used to have.

Odds are not good, I think we may be in for a long shitty ride.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Everyone blaming QC for Irans loss. What exactly can he do when half his team stop playing and go for a walk in the opposite direction. Then the goaltender leaves the net wide open and lets in a free goal.
Somehow, that shit is Carlos' fault?!?!?
The best coach in the world will not help us win until we;
1) Remove the IR parasite
2) Have real professional non-retarded players, who can perform.
Sorry hombre, aint no going disagree wive you, but that condition # 1) is almost impossible to achieve as things are right now, you simply can forget it...
The world.... powerful states.... less powerful states TRIED that, we had our chances, the world had its chances but we all fucking failed.
In the best case-scenario we're going to have the same state as our Comrade rusKies have it right now and that after almost 70 years, they got a semi-commie "Putin" ruler!

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
come on Houman, I guess you forgot the defensive style of football Iran played under Brango! The difference in his defensive style with CQ team meli was that we couldn't even put three consecutive passes together, couldn't score or win games, and players such as Daei dictated who should play and who should not! I truly think we played the worst kind of football ever under Brango!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
come on Houman, I guess you forgot the defensive style of football Iran played under Brango! The difference in his defensive style with CQ team meli was that we couldn't even put three consecutive passes together, couldn't score or win games, and players such as Daei dictated who should play and who should not! I truly think we played the worst kind of football ever under Brango!
again who cares about Bronko??? We are talking about CQ and TM's next coach. Just answer this simple question, did we win a game in 8 years after conceding the first goal??

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Fuck CQ and his legacy, People are struggling for their basic needs and we are worried about CQ's legacy .. not trying to ruin your thread Brando jan
daghighan melat daran to Iran bega miran bad in dayous 20 million dollar to 8 sal gerefte va akhar sar leng az pa deraz tar rafte..
man memifahmam, pool gerefte, hamash koso sher gofte. akhar sar ham darigh az yek trophy. hala hey biain azash tarafdari konin.. and stop bringing Branko's name wtf he has to do with current TM.

Farz

Feb 28, 2018
again who cares about Bronko??? We are talking about CQ and TM's next coach. Just answer this simple question, did we win a game in 8 years after conceding the first goal??
Wow hell of a way to turn around the fact that we hardly ever went behind to anyone! I was almost bored of the fact that we pretty much never had to worry about catching up in the game.. It was just a case of when do we finish this game off in most cases... Quite different to what we were used to before!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Wow hell of a way to turn around the fact that we hardly ever went behind to anyone! I was almost bored of the fact that we pretty much never had to worry about catching up in the game.. It was just a case of when do we finish this game off in most cases... Quite different to what we were used to before!
and who's fault that is??? he never prepared the team for this situation.

agha jan, this was his team, his players, spent 8 years on these players and at the end we had nothing, zero, zereshk to show for... anyhow some people like what he did and some don't. its just matter of taste.