Post your haft seen here

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Thanks for the pictures guys. I really miss having haft-seen and really want to set one up next year - I feel like I'm missing out a bit on the Persian side of things. :(

We actually had one three years ago with the whole works including two fish that we named Norouz and Gracie! The wife is an animal lover and I guess naming them was just the wrong thing to do, 'cause we got really attached to them and she was really taking care of them (changing their water every day and stuff). They became part of the family lived a happy life for quite some time even the kitties got in trouble for trying to play with them. That was until we went on a short trip and left them with my mom. Aside from explaining to her what to do, my wife gave her detailed written instructions to make sure they were going to be okay. But you know how Persian moms are - they think feeding someone or something more is a sign of love! ;)

Needless to say, in 3 days, she gave them the amount of food that they normally consumed in 3 months and gold fish aren't really the smartest animals when it comes to controlling their food intake. So they literally drowned in their own poo before we got back and the wife was pretty traumatized and I felt really bad both for her and the fish. So, we haven't brought ourselves to buy any more gold fish, which is a really important part of the whole haft-seen things (even though it's not really a "seen"!). I think I'm going to have to sell the whole idea next year as saving the fish from the miserable life they're living in the pet store!!!
:drunk:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Eid, like most other holidays, sort of creeps up on you. Our challenge is to start growing the sabzeh early enough. Often times we miss the window. You can't buy them either.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Eid, like most other holidays, sort of creeps up on you. Our challenge is to start growing the sabzeh early enough. Often times we miss the window. You can't buy them either.
Even death creeps up on you:

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

[video=youtube_share;xYxY_P8Vn3k]http://youtu.be/xYxY_P8Vn3k[/video]

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^^^ Timely post Siavash jaan. Going to see Brit Floyd (the official Pink Floyd cover band) this Sunday! Taking my beloved fish-killer mom and the in-laws too! It should be interesting. :)

They'll be in your neck of the woods in early May if you want to catch them. Saw their live show in Liverpool on PBS and they were amazing. Note by note performance with all the bells and whistles that typically comprise Roger Waters tours. I already saw them once in Toronto 8 years ago, when they were called the Australian Pink Floyd or something. Highly recommended:

Wednesday 8 May Balboa Theatre San Diego, CA USA
Thursday 9 May House of Blues Los Angeles, CA USA
Saturday 11 May Comerica Theatre
(on-sale March 22) Phoenix, AZ USA
Sunday 12 May House of Blues Anaheim, CA USA
Tuesday 14 May Palace of Fine Arts San Francisco, CA USA

[video=youtube_share;Qznhw8hJhxQ]http://youtu.be/Qznhw8hJhxQ[/video]

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
BH jan thanks for sharing. Not long ago a few of my friends went to another PF tribute band/show called "Which one's pink?" They had a great time. I am hoping for a coming together of Waters and Gilmore for one more world wide tour.
Here is the info on W O P:
http://www.whichonespink.com/

Jul 28, 2007
دمت گرم ذوب آهن جان بسیار تاپیک دلنشینی را انتخاب کرده اید . ولی مشکل اینجاست که من دیگه روم نمشه عکسهای هفت سینم رو پست کنم!!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
دمت گرم ذوب آهن جان بسیار تاپیک دلنشینی را انتخاب کرده اید . ولی مشکل اینجاست که من دیگه روم نمشه عکسهای هفت سینم رو پست کنم!!
Same here aziz. but i have a different reason for not posting it.you'll know it when you see it.check your PM in a short while. :)

And good to see you back my friend.happy new year to you and your family.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Same here aziz. but i have a different reason for not posting it.you'll know it when you see it.check your PM in a short while. :)

And good to see you back my friend.happy new year to you and your family.
Mashdi jan postesh kon tori nist. Eide va ghaanoonhaaye Forum abaki mishe.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Mashdi jan postesh kon tori nist. Eide va ghaanoonhaaye Forum abaki mishe.
Moderator ham Moderator haye ghadim. :)

But i don't want to be held responsible for adult members' heart attacks and 6 year old members' parishooni. :)

Perhaps you can take the responsibility and post it yourself.it's your own thread after all. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Mashdi joon, agha dast khosh....you gave me ideas....;)

بعله
اون هفت سین ِ مربوطه را باید ای.میل کرد به آیت الگوز دایناسور جنّتی تا دَرجا سکته کنه و به ملکوت ِ اعلی وصل بشه
اگر بی گناه باشه که میره به بهشت و سَر ِ سفره ی ِ امام حسین سورچرونی می کنه
اگر هم گناهکار باشه که میره به جهنّم و مستقیم توی ِ تخت ِ خواب ِ شمر ِ ذی الجوشن و آماده برای ِ سردار ِ یزید که وارد بشه و داغ ِ کربلا را در ماتحتش زنده کنه

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
مشدی جون، شب عیدی دیگه کش نده............به مناسبت سال شکوفایی فرهنگی*** ، یه اراده و همت و پست
Happy New Year to you. my best wishes for you and your family.

I was trying to slowly build up the excitement towards the final climax , but our friend farzin-a cut to the chase and posted my haft seen. (post # 18) :)

: بیت وصف ِ حال

کاشکی من اون سه تار بودَم
زیر ِ سین ِ نگار بودَم