President Obama's message for Norouz 1390

perspolis ny

Bench Warmer
Mar 4, 2005
Much more specific than last year

Norouzetan Pirouz, Omidvaram Hamishe tamame ISP members and their families khoshhal va tandorost bashand

[video=youtube;QuTQGjfKtSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuTQGjfKtSA[/video]

Last edited:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
beautiful speech and I thank him for taking the time to make this speech and putting words so eloquently - he doesn't have to do this, but he does.

, but unfortunately, that's all it really is, talking. he still wants to talk to IR, and his policies haven't weakened IR, one bit.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
beautiful speech and I thank him for taking the time to make this speech and putting words so eloquently - he doesn't have to do this, but he does.

, but unfortunately, that's all it really is, talking. he still wants to talk to IR, and his policies haven't weakened IR, one bit.
As though he writes his own speech :D
Great speech but very political ...

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
there is always upside and downside that is political.

this message clearly was different than that which he delivered two years ago.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
That was a well prepared and well spoken piece.

I don't see the US being interested in talking to I.R anymore. They're kind'a content that I.R is too far away from achieving nuclear weapon technology and are happy to have enough time to zip up the situations in Libya and Egypt before shifting the focus to Iran. They will eventually convince everyone to go to war with Iran in exchange for a piece of the cake. This is not something anyone was hoping for (even the US), but both the regime in Iran and more importantly the opposition showed little flexibility. AN's gang is desperately seeking to change this outcome these days but they just don't seem to have what it takes. They might eventually settle with the west on a few key points, but as long as they have the religious right pressuring them into hating America they can never sit still. Ultimately the whole world will get tired of it.

Change from within was never going to happen. Iran is destined to have its destiny decided by the west. Might be a scary thought, but hey, it's not like people didn't have enough time or opportunities.

May 12, 2007
It seems like US have planned to own all oil fields in the world form Iran to North Africa. Obama first motivates the people of a country say Libya or Egypten to fight for their freedom and protest against the dictator. Once several people are killed or prisoned he has the political support to act. Since then US is on the justic side. Unlike Bush he prepares his plan in such a way that he gets puplic support for his actions. As an Iranian I hope that the events in Libia scares the members of Sepah and they join people. Otherwise Iran will await bloodshed.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209

I don't see the US being interested in talking to I.R anymore. They're kind'a content that I.R is too far away from achieving nuclear weapon technology and are happy to have enough time to zip up the situations in Libya and Egypt before shifting the focus to Iran. They will eventually convince everyone to go to war with Iran in exchange for a piece of the cake. This is not something anyone was hoping for (even the US), but both the regime in Iran and more importantly the opposition showed little flexibility. AN's gang is desperately seeking to change this outcome these days but they just don't seem to have what it takes. They might eventually settle with the west on a few key points, but as long as they have the religious right pressuring them into hating America they can never sit still. Ultimately the whole world will get tired of it.

Change from within was never going to happen. Iran is destined to have its destiny decided by the west. Might be a scary thought, but hey, it's not like people didn't have enough time or opportunities.
If he insists on pulling majority of U.S forces from Iraq by the end of this summer then he will not do any thing to provoke IRI. That is the cold reality. Nice and inspiring message nevertheless.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
If he insists on pulling majority of U.S forces from Iraq by the end of this summer then he will not do any thing to provoke IRI. That is the cold reality. Nice and inspiring message nevertheless.
Rasouljan,

Fortunately for him and probably the people of both Iran and Iraq, I.R is no longer enjoying the luxury of a lax environment within its own core. The affordability of meddling in other countries at the previous rates is simply not there anymore. Long term plans are completely abolished in favor of short-term plundering tactics meant to benefit the current fragile group who would love to continue their reign past AN's term but are aware that it would be a long shot in the dark. I think the US is aware of this and not too worried about I.R's hands in Iraq. For all we know, I.R may have already stopped most of its activity in other regions to ensure they can approach the White House with a gesture of good-will.

And it seems like Obama is much more successful at involving other countries in the American military conquests compared to Bush. Bush was ready to walk the walk all by himself and if it wasn't for Tony Blair, he probably would have. Obama's wars are less costly and less involving than Bush's. That's for sure.

Jun 7, 2004
That was a hell of a speech. Absolutely outstanding speech writing and excellent delivery. I am sure an Iranian was involved in preparing that speech because it showed a very keen awareness of the key elements that really hits it home with the Iranians. It at the same time addressed the government. This is a speech to study and learn from.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I was wowed by his beautiful speech last night. Very thoughtful and political. loved it how he named couple of our outstanding imprisoned/banned citizens.

I just hope its not just a mere beautiful speech though. Iran opposition groups and youth still need more U.S support to fight IR.

well said..unfortunately we have to take these words with a grain of salt. Just few days ago Mashaei and other IR officials received visa by U.S department to come to NY.and many other instances..

yeah most likely..well analyzed. I just hope by then we can take our destiny in our own hands, bc a war on Iran is possibly way more challenging than air strikes against Libya.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
akhey..so glad to hear Simin Behbahani's voice after a while..Her phone interview following Obama's speech:

[video=youtube;qgR_S4SrlSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgR_S4SrlSI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It maybe that some of us like obama's nowrooz message.

some would perhaps have liked it that he kept it non political kind of like Canadian prime minister.

then cutting another video. (the only problem for him would have him most people only watch the nowrooz message. that is if they do at all.)