Qasem Soleimani killed in Baghdad!

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Half of the population didn't even know the guy. My sister and mother and mother in law are 3 of those people. My in law was like "mesl inkeh ye adam mohemmi koshteh shodeh" the morning he was killed after seeing his picture on Whatsapp. She is a retired school teacher so can't say she is uneducated. The reality on the ground is most people don't watch IRIB and don't give a fuck about politics. They watch their Turkish series and spend time with friends and relatives and at the most complain about how fucked up everything is. In a few days nobody will remember him and people will be thinking about inflation and their rents and the price of eggs and meat and rice. So those who are worried about the crowds chill as we are a fozool nation. Half of those people wanted to see what is going on. If IR wouldn't kill protesters more people than these would show up and an equal number of people would come to do their fozooli and watch.
no disrespect in anyway but i think estimating how well people knew Soliemani based on the knowledge of a few of your family members is incorrect...matter of fact just about every my friends and family in iran knew of the guy since 2017 (when the ISIS topic was hot isis)!....i'm not saying he was a very well known figure but to say 'half the population didnt even know the guy' is baseless.

It is ashamed that an Iran with it's vast natural resources and rich history has turned into a backward and poor country that has no rules or laws. If the Iranian were not brain washed by Islam and constant rozekhooni and ONLY if the people had little bid of BINESHE SIASSI we would have had a chance. People are worthy of leaders they choose.
If these idiots were smart enough and would follow UAE footstep then cold turn Iran into heaven while keeping the Shiite heritage alive.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't think I have ever heard of 50 people dying and 400 injured in a stampede in an open-air event with no barriers. Just how is that even possible?

More importantly, what kind of a father/husband/provider would a man be to take such risks just to attend a meaningless funeral for a dead military man? How are his orphaned children and widowed wife supposed to survive in a shithole like Kerman? Is Soleimani's dead body going to pay for their expenses from now on?

There is no justification for the gap between what is considered 'normal' by today's standards and whatever is being practiced in places like Kerman. None whatsoever. You can't even call it 'culture'. It's completely uncultured.

Iran doesn't need to concern itself with uranium enrichment or ballistic missiles. It's this lack of culture they need to go after. Even if the end goal is regional dominance and being a world-power, it's unachievable when people's priorities are so horrendously disordered.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have learned not to be focused on hyper focused on Iranian events any more.

People can not even resolve their inheritance siutiaton when their grandpa dies, let alone running a country.

if change happens in Iran, I am not optimistic about it. I am virtually certain it could make things worse.

as noted by some others the biggest issue in Iran is سقوط فرهنگی.

We Iranians can't organize a weekend soccer game properly over here in the states among multiple PHd holders.

we need to go back to elementary baby steps. then be optimistic about running.

Aug 28, 2019
If these idiots were smart enough and would follow UAE footstep then cold turn Iran into heaven while keeping the Shiite heritage alive.
Real, we are paying the price for what his imperial majesty the king of Kings did in 1973 by quadrupling the price of oil sending the world into a deep recession. He said the day of the blue eyes people has come to an end and they are lazy. He then threw in trash the oil companies contract and said we will sell our oil directly to the consumers. We are paying the price for the hostage crises. Americans never ever forget this. Do there you have. Oil and the hostages. Choob inha ro mikhorim.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I don't think I have ever heard of 50 people dying and 400 injured in a stampede in an open-air event with no barriers. Just how is that even possible?

More importantly, what kind of a father/husband/provider would a man be to take such risks just to attend a meaningless funeral for a dead military man? How are his orphaned children and widowed wife supposed to survive in a shithole like Kerman? Is Soleimani's dead body going to pay for their expenses from now on?

There is no justification for the gap between what is considered 'normal' by today's standards and whatever is being practiced in places like Kerman. None whatsoever. You can't even call it 'culture'. It's completely uncultured.

Iran doesn't need to concern itself with uranium enrichment or ballistic missiles. It's this lack of culture they need to go after. Even if the end goal is regional dominance and being a world-power, it's unachievable when people's priorities are so horrendously disordered.
This is exactly how IR wants Iranians to be.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
خوب راست میگه دیگه بنده خدا! برای چی این اصلاح طلبا هی یکی به نعل میزنن یکی به میخ؟ همشون به شرط اطاعت از رهبری وارد سیاست شدند. حالا هم باید گوش به فرمان رهبری باشند. من کاملا با حسن عباسی موافقم. اگر رهبری اذن کرده، باید عنقریب برای انتقام اقدام کنند

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

Because their mindset is different than yours.
What you call uncultured they call cultured and what you call cultured they call uncultured. they think we are morons.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I do not claim to be an expert on this subject but what would cause people to go to a funeral and mourn a mad man? Solemani and people like him are why Iran is in the current situation they are in. To the 50 that got killed and trampled on, I don't know if I am suppose to feel bad or not because a part of me wants to give them the early 2020 Darwin Award nominee. I suppose you can't fix stupid and villages all over Iran are missing their 50 idiots

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Iran just hit a US base in Iraq with 10 rockets. IRGC have quickly claimed responsibility.

I hope Trump shows yet another episode of restrain and looks the other way. I actually think he will do that if there are few or no casualties. It also depends on where the rockets were fired from.

Aug 28, 2019
Iran just hit a US base in Iraq with 10 rockets. IRGC have quickly claimed responsibility.

I hope Trump shows yet another episode of restrain and looks the other way. I actually think he will do that if there are few or no casualties. It also depends on where the rockets were fired from.
BT
I think they are going after regime change in iran. Remember Iraq Syria Libya .... Israel will hit Hezbollah with massive attack.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
BT
I think they are going after regime change in iran. Remember Iraq Syria Libya .... Israel will hit Hezbollah with massive attack.
They're not after regime change by any stretch. You can invest your life savings on that.

Regime change may or may not come (highly unlikely) as a result of economic factors.

There are no indications the rocket attack was a major one. Looks like Iran is just trying to show off its rocket throwers. Nevertheless, there are also reports of US fighter jets having departed for missions in the past hour. Could be just a show though.