Question about Persian suport on Android

Oct 18, 2002
Hi all,

Question: When I read persian emails or persian facebook posts on Android phone, it shows separate letters instead of a complete word. Occasionally it is left to right instead of right to left.

How can I configure it to show the Persian text correctly? I downloaded a few Persian fonts for Android but they made no difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oct 18, 2002
The only way I've found is to download "Persian Browser" from the market. It works on 90% of the sites.

I find it a hassle to have to use a separate browser for Farsi sites, and would love to find some time to get this corrected on android once and for all.
Thanks BT jan. I am mostly interested in a solution for Android mail and facebook apps. So I guess there is no native way in Android to change the direction of the text or fix the font issue.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
one thing that helps with Persian text is to click on the Right Justify icon on top of the edit menu. (you know you have left, centered and right justify icon which is a bunch of lines on top of each other).

BTW did you know that (they say) every culture/country which is east (or to the right ) of Jerusalem (Beytol Moghaddas) writes towards it so they go right to left and the countries on the west or the left side (of the map) write from left to right. so (supposedly) every language wants to go toward the holy land!

what is more amazing is that the ancient south/central american tribes (the Mayans) also used to write from left to right and up/down (in columns of 2 character per line). This is a fairly new discovery cuz they have been working on decoding the Mayan language for some times now, and this 12 year old kid made some major breakthroughs. unfortunately when the European set their filthy feet on the shores of America they brought death disease and destruction (not to mention the robbery they idiots committed) which resulted in destruction of many old american tribes.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Hi
You have two options
1. Use Firefox. Its pretty good with farsi pages.
2. Install arabic support for android. Its not easy but instructions are at xda-developer web site for supported phones.
Have fun!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
what Android Are you using ?
Android 2.3 (gingerbread) has persian font .... Previous version not supporting it.
Also what is your phone ?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Hi all,

Question: When I read persian emails or persian facebook posts on Android phone, it shows separate letters instead of a complete word. Occasionally it is left to right instead of right to left.

How can I configure it to show the Persian text correctly? I downloaded a few Persian fonts for Android but they made no difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.
sorry about the late reply, totally missed this thread Deerouz jaan, you got tons of options, if your phone is rooted, u need the module called arabizer, works like a CHARM. check this site : http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11
this might be abit complicated, let me know if you have any question, i done the above many times for my friends and all working great.

you can also see if CyanogenMod ( http://www.cyanogenmod.com/ ) is available for your device, it has builtin arabic/ farsi support (this is what i am using now) GREAT ROM, amazing features. highly recommended.

You need ROOTing your android which can only be done by an expert
actually rooting is a "ONE CLICK" process, connect the phone, click on one click root and u r done. its really simple.