question regarding CIP at the Tehran Airport

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Have you used it?
If so, how was your experience? is it worth the cost?
And when exiting, if you are on CIP, can you still shop at the duty free ?

Thanks in advance

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Have you used it?
If so, how was your experience? is it worth the cost?
And when exiting, if you are on CIP, can you still shop at the duty free ?

Thanks in advance
Yes, I think it is well worth it especially when you are departing Iran. And yes, they have their own duty free section and nice toilets (farangy) and very clean which makes it even worth more.

Basically, when you enter Iran, they are waiting for you with a sign right outside of the plane (not the gate). They will then take you with a car to CIP terminal. You will hand them your documents and will go and relax in a very nice lounge with lots of good food and drinks (free). ~30 minutes later, someone shows up with your passports and suitcases and ask you if you need a car or not.

You practically don't talk to any Immigration officer.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Yes, I think it is well worth it especially when you are departing Iran. And yes, they have their own duty free section and nice toilets (farangy) and very clean which makes it even worth more.

Basically, when you enter Iran, they are waiting for you with a sign right outside of the plane (not the gate). They will then take you with a car to CIP terminal. You will hand them your documents and will go and relax in a very nice lounge with lots of good food and drinks (free). ~30 minutes later, someone shows up with your passports and suitcases and ask you if you need a car or not.

You practically don't talk to any Immigration officer.
Thanks. Really appreciate the info. And if you have someone piking you up at the airport , an they pick you up at the CIP terminal?

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
what is the cost of all this? definitely worth the distraction compare to main terminal and smelly an-dooni they offer.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
When I used it few years back it was around 60 US but now it’s something like 100. I still think it’s money well spent

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
$100? You gotta be kidding me. The lounges at decent airports don't even charge that and they have the best food and alcoholic beverages.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I had never heard or seen such a name or term (CIP) at any airports. Lounge is what you see everywhere but thanks anyways, I know it now
The service includes more than just lounge, hence the name CIP. Basically, you don’t even lift a finger when you arrive or depart. They will take care of everything while you are lounging your ass.