R.I.P Ezzatolah Entezami

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Great actor so many good performances ie Ejareh Neshinan & Hezar Dastan..
Simpley one of the best Iranian actors of all time.

R I P

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If all of us had a year as fruitful as his گاو مشت حسن days, we would hang our shoes and be happy with what we have achieved.

rest in peace.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
My most memorable and favorite movies of his as Hooshmand indicated were Ejareh Neshinha which I saw at a movie theater in Iran and one of the only films I remember from my childhood days in the mother land and Hezar Dastan. Although I was too young to understand it fully back then but was always amazed with the story line of Hezar Dastan. I got to watch it 3-4 years ago on Youtube and now some times watch scenes from it. What a masterful acting by everyone in there and the sheer number of great actors being in that TV show. (Entezami,Mashayekhi, Nasirian, Rashidi, Keshavarz) are basically your top 5 superstars to be in there. Some call it the best show ever produced out of Iran and when watching it one has to keep in mind the time it was made and the conditions of that time.

RIP and so sad we have lost him. Both him and Farmoon khan left us this year.

Nov 24, 2002
Great actor. One the big 5 of the older generation (Ezatollahi, Mashayeki, Keshavarz, Nasirian and zende yad Rashidi)
I think he was head and shoulder above other names you mentioned. For me it is Behrouz and him. The rest are class or two blow.The next one for me is Khosro Shakibaei.

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
the only person that i can think of that might have been equally as influential as Entezami in Iranian Cinmea might have been the late Ali Hatami.

But really his life was much shorter.

Entezami is hands down the best ever. Davood Rashidi, Mashyekhi were mostly character actors.

I would say Nasirian has a chance to top Entezami's career if he has another ten years of healthy fruitful life.

Nov 24, 2002
the only person that i can think of that might have been equally as influential as Entezami in Iranian Cinmea might have been the late Ali Hatami.

But really his life was much shorter.

Entezami is hands down the best ever. Davood Rashidi, Mashyekhi were mostly character actors.

I would say Nasirian has a chance to top Entezami's career if he has another ten years of healthy fruitful life.
Honestly and no disrespect to any of them, i find both Mashayekhi and Rashidi overrated. Nasirian was also good, i agree.

Oct 1, 2004
Parviz Parastui and Shahab Hosseini are the best actors of the next generations.

Ezatollahi and Nasirian are both powerhouses.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think he was head and shoulder above other names you mentioned. For me it is Behrouz and him. The rest are class or two blow.The next one for me is Khosro Shakibaei.
Behrouz as in Behrouz Vosoughi? Good actor?! He was cool playing in cool movies of his time but so was Sylvester Stallone. I wouldn't call him a good actor but rather a good entertainer.

Khosro Shakibaei I agree. RIP.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Parviz Parastui and Shahab Hosseini are the best actors of the next generations.
I would give that title to all Asghar Farhadi's actors, including some of the women like Sareh Bayat and Merila Zarei. IMO both Shahab Hosseini and Peyman Moadi are included.

When Golshifteh Farahani was in Iran, I thought she was fantastic too! However I don't like her post-Iran acting.