R.I.P Ezzatolah Entezami

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Before rating these actors you guys need to consider their theater performances too. Rashidi and Mashayekhi had pretty average cinema performances, but these guys all come from a very strong theater background where they shined most. I'm not a big fan of live theater performances myself, but you gotta admit, that thing takes real talent.
Some call it the best show ever produced out of Iran and when watching it one has to keep in mind the time it was made and the conditions of that time.
90% of the credit for Hezar Dastan goes to Ali Hatami for personally funding and building the Shahrak Cinemayee. He even labored for it. Entezami, Mashayekhi, Rashidi and the rest felt obligated to do their absolute best after watching Hatami go through hell for the series. How he managed to finish that project with the country at war and with Khomeini kos-kesh alive is beyond me. A monumental achievement.

Nov 24, 2002
Behrouz as in Behrouz Vosoughi? Good actor?! He was cool playing in cool movies of his time but so was Sylvester Stallone. I wouldn't call him a good actor but rather a good entertainer.

Khosro Shakibaei I agree. RIP.
Yes, Ali jon, well this way you should call all actors of that time as entertainer. I am 100% sure you ask behrouz to play any role and he will play it with perfection, the guy was gold man.

Ridan be careeresh! be g... raft!

Oct 1, 2004
I would give that title to all Asghar Farhadi's actors, including some of the women like Sareh Bayat and Merila Zarei. IMO both Shahab Hosseini and Peyman Moadi are included.

When Golshifteh Farahani was in Iran, I thought she was fantastic too! However I don't like her post-Iran acting.
Shahab Hosseini has charisma which allows him to carry even some shitty films. When he gets a good role (such as the Farhadi movies) then his talent also really comes through. Moadi is a better writer than actor (not that he's bad).

Golshifteh Farahani got to where she is in Iran because of her dad's connections.
She was always bad with her messed up nasal voice and half khomar style.
Her roles outside of Iran have been probably worse. Either a battered wife, or some sort of pseudo liberal stereotype of a middle eastern woman.

Sareh Bayat is average as well.

Best Iranian actress is Fatemeh Motamed Aria. She plays characters, not just a different version of herself. Golab Adineh is also amazing.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Golshifteh Farahani got to where she is in Iran because of her dad's connections.
She was always bad with her messed up nasal voice and half khomar style.
Her roles outside of Iran have been probably worse. Either a battered wife, or some sort of pseudo liberal stereotype of a middle eastern woman.
Goldhifteh did not win so many awards when she was in Iran, including best actress of the year, because of her dad. Or else her sister would have won the same number of awards as well.

Everybody have their own appearance and style but her acting was fantastic. She really went into the roles she played. However as said, her post-Iran career has mostly been about how to challange our cultural norms than actual acting!