R.I.P. Ostad Mohammadreza Shajarian

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
IMO, one of the sadest days in Iran's history.

I don't know what to say!

محمدرضا شجریان درگذشت
۱۷ مهر ۱۳۹۹ - ۸ اکتبر ۲۰۲۰، ۱۳:۳۵ GMT
به روز شده در ۳۶ دقیقه پیش

منبع تصویر،ISNA

محمدرضا شجریان، خواننده سرشناس موسیقی ایرانی، درگذشت. همایون شجریان، فرزند او، خبر درگذشت آقای شجریان را در حساب اینستاگرام خود اعلام کرد. محمد رضا شجریان در سال‌های اخیر بیمار بود و در ماه‌های اخیر چند بار در بیمارستان بستری شد.
پیشتر رسانه‌های ایران گزارش ‌داده‌ بودند که محمدرضا شجریان، بار دیگر در بخش مراقبت‌های ویژه بستری شده است. محمدرضا شجریان در مهر ۱۳۱۹ در مشهد به دنیا آمد. وی به هنگام مرگ ۸۰ سال داشت.

درباره زندگی و فعالیت‌های محمدرضا شجریان بیشتر بخوانید:

آقای شجریان اسفندماه ۱۳۹۸ هم به دلیل وخامت وضعیت جسمی در بیمارستانی در تهران بستری شد. او پس از مدتی در خانه تحت نظر پزشکان قرار گرفت. پرآوازه‌ترین استاد موسیقی سنتی ایرانی، از سال ۱۳۹۵ به علت بیماری در داخل و خارج از ایران تحت مداوا قرار داشته است.
رد شدن از پست Instagram, 1

پایان پست Instagram, 1
محمدرضا شجریان در سال ۱۳۹۴ کنسرت خود را در ارمنستان لغو کرد و در توضیح آن گفت: "پزشک معالجم موردی را در ام‌آر‌آی اخیرم مشاهده کرد که قاطعانه از من خواست سفرم را لغو کرده تا برای ۶ تا ٨ هفته زیر نظر ایشان به معالجه و درمان مورد دیده شده بپردازیم".
حدود یک ماه بعد و در نوروز ۱۳۹۵ او ویدیویی منتشر کرد که در آن موهایش را کوتاه کرده بود و تلویحا از بیماری "طولانی مدت" خود خبر می‌داد.
استاد آواز ایران در بخشی از این ویدیو گفته بود: "با مهمان پانزده ساله‌ای سال‌هاست آشنا هستم و با هم دوست شده‌ایم".
آقای شجریان در آن زمان گفت که در حال معالجه است و قول داد که پس از درمان به کار هنری خود برگردد.
نام شجریان با موسیقی معاصر ایران چنان گره خورده که شاید گزاف نباشد که او را مهمترین چهره موسیقی سنتی ایران در یک قرن گذشته بدانیم.
شجریان با آنکه خود می‌گفت سیاسی نیست، شاید بیش از هر هنرمند دیگری در ایران آثارش ناخودآگاه با سیاست گره خورد.
شجریان خطاط زبده‎ای بود که در انجمن خوشنویسان ایران تا مرحله ممتازی پیش آمده بود. او علاقه فراوانی به باغبانی، عکاسی، نجاری و کوهنوردی داشت.
وی کارش را ابتدا با رادیو شروع کرد اما سال ۱۳۵۴ همکاری‌اش را با رادیو و بعد با مرکز حفظ و اشاعه موسیقی قطع کرد. جشن هنر طوس در سال بعد آخرین همکاری رسمی او با پایور در پیش از انقلاب بود.
شجریان آخرین بار در ایران در سال ۱۳۸۷ کنسرت برگزار کرد.
موضع‌گیری علیه او به اندازه‌ای بود که پخش دعای ربنای با صدای او که از سال ۱۳۵۸ در تمام ماه رمضان در آستانه افطار از تلویوزیون ایران پخش می‌شد، تا زمانی که او زنده بود، متوقف شد.
این خبر فوری است و به روز می‌شود

https://www.bbc.com/persian/53817930

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Never really understood all the hype around him. Definitely a pro in his field and a top singer, but the whole God-like status given to him by the general public has been a silly attempt at showing discontentment with IRIB's dealings with him. Another case of manic behavior by the Iranian general public. Shajarian was just a singer. Absolutely nothing more.

May he rest in peace. He has quite a few memorable pieces for people born in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mostly thanks to IRIB playing them over and over during the Iran-Iraq war.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Never really understood all the hype around him. Definitely a pro in his field and a top singer, but the whole God-like status given to him by the general public has been a silly attempt at showing discontentment with IRIB's dealings with him. Another case of manic behavior by the Iranian general public. Shajarian was just a singer. Absolutely nothing more.

May he rest in peace. He has quite a few memorable pieces for people born in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mostly thanks to IRIB playing them over and over during the Iran-Iraq war.

Have you attended one of his shows?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Have you attended one of his shows?
No. My dad has and he loved it. I personally liked the man and about 5-6 of his songs. He's definitely a likeable character, but the manic behavior I mentioned is visibly over the top. It has been since the 1388 protests in Iran. People in Iran rarely understand the concept of "middle-ground". It's black or white, never gray.

Funny thing is if you ask all these people who are filling the internet with messages of "Tasliat" and mourning, 99% of them couldn't name more than 1 or 2 songs by him. Very few people went out of their way to actually listen to his albums. Even fewer people bothered buying his records. All people know is that he had a good voice, sang the Azaan that IRIB played many times and didn't get along with IRIB. There really is not much more to it.

Oct 18, 2010
rip.
his contributions to iranian traditional music is unmatched
by any other performers.
and he started the movement for iranian sacred music which
was a taboo before him.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The guy's voice and his contribution to Iranian traditional music was/is legendary! Even top masters in any kind of music in Iran regard him as the "one and only"! and I'm not even gonna mention his humanitarian and political activities. It's funny how he and his amazing work is being downplayed by being called "just a singer" by people who only knew him by a few songs played on Iran's TV. The guy won many different international music awards and deserved to win the f**cking grammy award in best world music. That was robbed from him!

Anyways, there are several concerts I'm so happy to have attended and one of them was his which was a true honor!

His voice and music will live on for ever. Enjoy this little fantastic piece....

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I didn't like his music at all and consider musician like Banan the idol of persian-traditional music. However, that is my personal choice and I have full respect for his work and long life contribution to Iranian-Traditional music. Rest in peace.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
No. My dad has and he loved it. I personally liked the man and about 5-6 of his songs.
I am no musician so i won't comment on music quality. (that is beyond job grade)

I did attend his show and his son's shows. the amount organization and how humble they were was really refreshing to see.

as far cult of personality goes, I am with you it is not helpful.

however, he was quite well versed in Iranian history, Folk lore, ... He also has a lot of relationships across Iran. for twenty years he was basically performing unofficial shows in people's houses all across Iran. so it not surprising to see people have a deep affinity with him.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
RIP. Like BT said he was no hero. In fact the first decade and a half of the revolution he had a monopoly on music in Iran. You wouldn't hear any other singer on the radio or TV at that time. As far as music goes he has to be the best of all times in sonnati music up there with Dariush Rafiei & Taj & Bannan.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Bache Tehroon the manic behavior and the over the top antics is not uncommon with singers/musicians. You know we are a creative bunch but we can be
a tad bet eccentric. I know of him and heard some of his songs, I am not an expert though but i get saddened, when a fellow musician dies. RIP Ostad.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
He was a nightmare to the IR and the religious establishment who wanted to shut him up. IRIB refused to broadcast his voice until tonight.

They were afraid of a popular singer. His funeral will be a public response to the dictatorship of IR.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
In addition to many legacies He left behind in the world of traditional music, he will also be remembered by his response to AN in 1388:

من صداى خش و خاشاكم "