Rating and best players?

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Despite my expectation I thought G. Mohammadi was the best for our team.
Rezaei was great as well.
One the other hand, Daei was least effective despite his efforts.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
All players if rated from 0-10, (0 low 10 high), should get less then 5, except for Nekounam.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Here is my ranking (1-10, 10 being highest):

Mirzapour (5): first half he made two obvious mistakes, but in second half he saved once and had a good reaction to a dangerous shot.

Kaabi (6): he tried hard but he has been better in the past. Eventhough he did not have a great day as far as offensive work (so did the rest of the team), but he showed he has improved in his defensive duties.

G. Mohammadi (9): he did not allow any ball pass him and fough for every ball and covered Kaabi's back very well. Controlled the back very well with Rezaei and made good passes.

Rezaei (8): he was as good as Yahya, with some execption he did not let any ball pass him and with Yahya created a solid block in middle of our defensive line. He also covered Nosrati's back.

Nosrati (5): he does not play in his normal position. As expected his side was the weakest point in our defense and initiating offense.

Defense line over all (7): much much better than recent games.

Nekounam (7.5): solid play both in offensive and defensive roles. Had a nice shot at Bahrain's goal.

Zandi (6.5) : it takes time to get used to the team, but he showed he can be reliable and efective in future games. One of the few players who did not hold to the ball for too long.

Navid Kia (6): he was okay but have had better days.

Mahdavi-kia (7.5): he did not have as many as his usuall runs, but was able to fight and create opportunities and contributed to the defensive work in midfield.

Karimi (6.5): he was not able to do his moves since he was covered so well by Bahrainis.

Hashemian (6.5): he tried hard and kept fighting, but he was not playing in his position neither. Out whole left side is like that!

Daei (4): his presense was important in the first half as captain to keep the spirit up and coordinate the team. But he was the least effective person in the team both with and with out the ball eventhough he was trying to participate in both center forward and behind offense roles.

Mobali (-): did not get much playing time.

Midfield over all (6): it was a hard game and they fought for every ball, did not allow much ball to go through the middle. But could not feed the ball forward properly and create good opportunity. Lacked team work at times and their efforts were often interrupted by Bahrainis.

Offense over all (4): not much activity here. Baharain good defensive game (which started from midfield) and coverage of our player and the area in front of their box did not leave much chance for our forward(s) to have much chance.

Coachin staff (4): Branko had an expected arrangement and plan. Bahraini coaches read his hand easily and hence had a better game plan to keep Iran's midfield fighting for every ball and shut Iran's offense down. Branko either did not believe in or have the guts to sub Daei in the second half. IMHO Hashemian could have played in center forward, Zandi in left wing, and Navid Kia or Mobali in center mid-field. He was not able to come up with new tactic in second half and as you noticed Bahrain became even more dangerous in second half.

Looking forward to read your ranking.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
AliDaeiClone said:
Everyone was a 5 or below except Nekounam was an 8... Poor zandi wasnt bad either, just not in sync with rest of team yet...

Golmo 9?!? Hahaha... get some sleep buddy...
I sure can use some more! Perhaps I missed something, but did you see much mistake by him?

By the way did you hear that the players were complaining about the new ball?!

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
zoozanagheh said:
I sure can use some more! Perhaps I missed something, but did you see much mistake by him?

By the way did you hear that the players were complaining about the new ball?!
Agree 100%, Golmo was just great, excellent job by him.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
yeah Gomohammadi was good. Rezaei was pretty solid like usual too.
but Nekunam was definetly the best.
worst player of the Match,considering he was playing in his position, was Ali Daei.
he waisted so many good passes by MMkia and defenders thats not even funny.