RC MIG-29 OVT hovering

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
The pilot is multiple time world champion Italian Silvesteri Sebastiani, world wide well know Radio Control pilot. I think this guy could fly a brick if he wanted to.
Just like the full scale MIG-29 this model is equipped with 2 micro Turbojet Engines with real and functional Thrust Vectoring exhaust nozzles capable of producing about 25 lbs of thrust each. You need to bear in mind that hovering an airplane is one daunting task on its own but it is lot easier on an ordinary plane since the propeller wash will keep a constant airflow over control surfaces thus the pilot will have some what effective flying surfaces. At the other hand on a jet the thrust will be emitted from the tail and below stall speed (high Alfa) the control surfaces will be all dead. Thrust vectoring will enable the pilot to maneuver the plane during High Alfa.
I'd personally rather to hear the roar of those Turbine engines instead of listening to Celine Dion but hey. Enjoy the vdo.

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Outstanding. Thanks for posting. This hovering manouver is like balancing a cane from its tail except that you are not touching the tail and it is not a cane!!!

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Wow Beautiful, Thanks Motori jan. I wish I could build one myself and start flying.
LD jAn,
Why don't you start now? around 250 USD will put you in the Hobby. It is very exciting sport and educational at the same time. Did I mention it is highly addictive too?
But you will need at least 6 to 7 years of continues hands on RC flying experience before you can elevate yourself to a Jet Jockey level and few people in the world could reach the level of Sebastiani, he is a genius.
Let me know if you are interested and I'll do my best to put you in the right track.

LDPC

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2003
LD jAn,
Why don't you start now? around 250 USD will put you in the Hobby. It is very exciting sport and educational at the same time. Did I mention it is highly addictive too?
But you will need at least 6 to 7 years of continues hands on RC flying experience before you can elevate yourself to a Jet Jockey level and few people in the world could reach the level of Sebastiani, he is a genius.
Let me know if you are interested and I'll do my best to put you in the right track.
Thanks Motori jan, I appreciate if you guide me on how to start.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Thanx for the videos Motori jan. Specially the first one. Even thou its only a model, it looks damn convencing.
Motori jan I know you have 2 eroplanes yourself, but when do we see you with par of those micro-jet engines? ;)

Btw, haven't you oploaded any of your flying videos?
I would love to see that :cheers: