Real Madrid vs Barcelona Game 4 of 7 in 2010/11 Champions league 1st leg (R) April 27

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
huum I checked and no channel in Canada showing the game tomorrow
yeaaah why is that?! Gol TV didnt have enough budget?!lol was so pissed. wanted to record the game, but no channel is showing it. so much for my Sport package!:( ah have a stupid meeting at that time too.

Guys jaatoon khali, Madrid is crazy, everyone wearing the Real Jersey, great atmosphere, i am heading to the Stadium now , wanna be there early not to miss a beat. will be taking lots of pics and vidoes.

HALA MADRID, HALA MADRID, HALA MADRID !!!!
vay khosh bahalet! Its the place to be today. Either Madrid or Barcelona! have a blast dude!

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
here just check that link right before the game, there are lots of different streams with varying qualities to suit your connection.

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
So how will Barca play in Iniesta's absence? Could this be a blessing in disguise? Could we see a long distance shot from Barca for a change?
most likely Keita will be in, which means a more defensive Barca, Iniesta's loss is massive he has been our best midfielder this season in my opinion, most probably we will see:

----------------Valdes

Alves----Pique----Mascherano----Puyol

--------Xavi----Busquets----Keita

-------Messi----Villa----Pedro

There's a good chance Keita may later be subbed for either Thiago/Afellay.

Spain coach Del Bosque worried Madrid-Barcelona 'clasicos' could affect national team

MADRID — Spain coach Vicente del Bosque is concerned that the current run of Barcelona-Real Madrid matches could have a negative effect on the national team.
Tensions are high going into Wednesday's first leg of the Champions League semifinals between the two clubs. It will be the third of four meetings in a short span between the rivals, with several Spain teammates having squared up to each other during Madrid's 1-0 Copa del Rey extra-time final victory last week.
"I'm worried about the quarrels between my players during these clasicos, which I hope don't find their way into my locker room," Del Bosque is quoted as saying in Wednesday's Marca newspaper. "Good relations inside the locker room are the basis for our future success."

Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola also engaged in a verbal sparring match on Tuesday when Barcelona coach Guardiola let fly an expletive-laden retort in response to his Portuguese counterparts taunts from earlier in the day.
Villarreal defender Carlos Marchena called on his Spain teammates to remember the big picture amid the marathon of clasicos, which started with a 1-1 league draw on April 16 and will close with Tuesday's Champions League return leg.
"You have to be intelligent and remember that the national team lies above any club ties," Marchena said.

most likely Keita will be in, which means a more defensive Barca, Iniesta's loss is massive he has been our best midfielder this season in my opinion, most probably we will see:

----------------Valdes

Alves----Pique----Mascherano----Puyol

--------Xavi----Busquets----Keita

-------Messi----Villa----Pedro

There's a good chance Keita may later be subbed for either Thiago/Afellay.
I don't think barca have lost any games with both pique and puyol in the line up, i could be wrong thou , let's see if someone can confirm it

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
I don't think barca have lost any games with both pique and puyol in the line up, i could be wrong thou , let's see if someone can confirm it
yea this season Barca haven't lost whenever Puyol has started I think, but look at that line up, no Adriano/Abidal/Maxwell (No Left Back basically) so either Puyol or Mascherano has to fill in there and neither are LBs :S

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
not long now, only couple of hours, man I'm pissing myself over here :monk2:
Prediction Madrid 3-1 Barca.

according to marca:

Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Albiol, Marcelo, Lassana Diarra, Xabi, Pepe, Ozil, Di Maria, Ronaldo

Last edited:

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If that's the line up then Mou is going more offensive which could be good if Puyol plays and bad if he's out.

I don't see Barca winning this match on their turf with all our injuries but we'll see.

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
Barça XI: Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, Alves, Busquets, Xavi, Keita, Pedro, Villa & Messi

Madrid XI: Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Albiol, Marcelo, Lass, Pepe, Xabi, Özil, Cristiano, Di María.

No surprises there.

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
I think, I may be wrong tho, but because of the 3 yellow card rule, Ramos, Ronaldo, Di Maria and Albiol if they pic up a yellow today they will miss the return next week.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
It seems you guys have short memories.
As long as Messi is playing it doesnt matter who is missin in the lineup for Barca.

I will remind you after the game!