Regime and Ghasem-Sholeh saadi

Jan 23, 2003
Something doesnt add up. He seems to live in Iran and during the past year has spoken to BBC persian and VOA; always been very radical. Now he has travelled to Paris and today on Tasfir khabar he was blasting Moussavi/Karroubi for being too inactive.

Many people are in jail for saying lesser things. If he goes back to Tehran and remains free then I cant help but resort to conspiracy theories!

Oct 18, 2002
Something doesnt add up. He seems to live in Iran and during the past year has spoken to BBC persian and VOA; always been very radical. Now he has travelled to Paris and today on Tasfir khabar he was blasting Moussavi/Karroubi for being too inactive.

Many people are in jail for saying lesser things. If he goes back to Tehran and remains free then I cant help but resort to conspiracy theories!
Sholeh saadi used to be MP from Shiraz, but If I remember correctly he had a fall out with the regime even before Khatami.

I think they are not afraid of him because he has no supporter and can never make a movement. In that ways he is like Zibakalam to them.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
agreed with deerouz. although he did have many issues 7-8 years ago when he was in parliamant.

I find shole saadi to be at the centr of Iranian politicial spectrum. meaning that he is kind of Bazargan type of Figure. He is muslim who likes to see Iran have a government that is accountable to its people.

Jan 23, 2003
I think they are not afraid of him because he has no supporter and can never make a movement. In that ways he is like Zibakalam to them.
They may not be afraid of him but does that allow him to speak freely to BBC and VOA and sound more radical than many of those that are in prison?

Oct 18, 2002
They may not be afraid of him but does that allow him to speak freely to BBC and VOA and sound more radical than many of those that are in prison?
Actually most of those in prison had not really spoken out in public; it was just that they had political organizations and influence, and could mobilize people. Sholeh Saadi is pretty much a lone wolf. IRI typically leaves such people alone because it looks good for "image". Although he better be careful now; with IRI in panic mode anything could happen.

As a friend once said a few years ago: go to any Tehran street and shout Javid Shah or scream profanities against Khamenei in a taxi. IRI doesn't care as long as you are alone. But get two other people and together demand something simple like freedom of press or prisoners, and you will all find yourselves in Evin in no time.

The post-election sentences is the best evidence: Those accused of insulting leader and IRI or propaganda against the government got 1-2 years. But participation in 25 Khordad demonstration resulted in 5-year sentences.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Sholeh Sadi is full of it. He is wondering why the population in Iran do not carry him over their head. Even his letter to Khameneie was for claim to fame.
Sholeh Sadi on VOA turned every question into a very obvious, unrelated, and uncalled for attack on Mousavi/Karubi/Khatami.

He is more part of party of wind.