Reza Ghoochannejhad retired from Team Meli

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
He just posted on Instagram and retired from TM..

thank for the memories and great goals. You deserved to play atlest as a Sub in two of the games instead of Sardar..

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thanks for all your efforts which were crucial in where team melli is today.
It is unfortunate you didn't get some playing time but that takes nothing away from your qualities and you are a top bloke.

Nov 24, 2002
He is only 30. He is acting emotional after his wife stupid post on insta. Hope he was waiting longer to make such a decision. I mean AC is in 6 month. He was crucial in our 2014 Q. Best of luck to him. With Taremi, Karim, Azmoun and addition of such as Kaveh, it became harder for him to get the playing time though

Feb 28, 2018
That was a really touching message, didn't expect him to refer to CQ as "khoda" though; shows how big he is that he could put his emotions aside and just want what was best for the team in the opinion of his manager

Feb 28, 2018
. پوشيدن پيرهن تيم ملى واسه من بزرگ ترين آرزو در دنياى فوتبال بود و هنوز هم بعضى موقع ها باورم نميشه كه اين پيرهن رو خدا برام گذاشت تا من تنم كنم.

Nov 24, 2002
. پوشيدن پيرهن تيم ملى واسه من بزرگ ترين آرزو در دنياى فوتبال بود و هنوز هم بعضى موقع ها باورم نميشه كه اين پيرهن رو خدا برام گذاشت تا من تنم كنم.
آقا یا ما فارسیمون ضعیف شده یا ایماژیناسیون شما قوی

Feb 28, 2018
I dont think he is referring CQ as khoda guys ! i actually think he is referring god, the dude up in the sky!
You're saying he'd rather refer to an imaginary concept by name than the guy that actually brought him to the team? :)

In all seriousness though, he was a valuable member, hope he changes his mind and quits after asian Cup hopefully as a champion, I wish we had seen him at the world cup again but I'm also happy with the performances and there isn't anyone I wish was subbed out

Feb 4, 2005
He is only 30. He is acting emotional after his wife stupid post on insta. Hope he was waiting longer to make such a decision. I mean AC is in 6 month. He was crucial in our 2014 Q. Best of luck to him. With Taremi, Karim, Azmoun and addition of such as Kaveh, it became harder for him to get the playing time though
I think he knows there is a good chance that CQ invites Kaveh for AC instead of him. I believe he made the right decision. His wife post was stupid. Thank you agha Reza specially for that unforgettable goal 5 years ago against Korea. I will not forget that moment ever.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
I think he knows there is a good chance that CQ invites Kaveh for AC instead of him. I believe he made the right decision. His wife post was stupid. Thank you agha Reza specially for that unforgettable goal 5 years ago against Korea. I will not forget that mom ment ever.
There is Kaveh, Alipour who is 22 and had hell of season with PP, who can press, score from header and good on the ground. Lots of depth in forward. Soon Alahyar, Delfi..

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Great player, great memories. Thank you for all you did. Good move on his behalf. I wish more players in Iran learn to leave while on top and create room for the new players who have leaned from them to step in.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Another victim of physical football. CQ almost had no choice. He sure is a better footballer than Azmoun, but that's not what's being played in this World Cup.

If the trend continues, soon football will become exclusive to tall bulky players.
I agree he was victim of the way we played and team tactics , I don't agree he is better than Azmoon .

Definitely better than Taremi ,specially in finding the target and finishing , but Taremi played because of his age factor and size and ability to run back and defend Now if you are not happy with the end results of our three world cup games that is your problem .

But we punched well above our weight with the tactics we had relative to what players and their capabilities against three powerful teams and finished with 4 points ,best ever world cup result and almost made it out of this group as first team .

Shame none of those great chances Taremi missed fall for Azmoon .

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Exactly! If he retires thanks for everything, but there is a reason he didn't get minutes. It's the best for everyone and good luck for the future. But there's the chance to win the Asian Cup.

Another victim of physical football. CQ almost had no choice. He sure is a better footballer than Azmoun, but that's not what's being played in this World Cup.

If the trend continues, soon football will become exclusive to tall bulky players.
How is he better than Azmoun? On what basis would he have performed in any way better than Azmoun?