Rights to bear Arms!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I often wonder if the solution in Iran is for ordinary people to have the rights to bear arms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bear_arms

How about in Iraq - where USA is already present? Could USA establish that right and then leave? what would happen in such case?
I don't know much about the Iraqis and their attitudes - but when it comes to Iran - I tend to think Iranians will not abuse it.....or at least their situation would not be any worst than it is now as far as ordinary people becoming victims of armed elements.

Here is an article along these lines - you got to love our youth.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...-staging-another-water-fight/?test=latestnews

May 9, 2004
امریکا که مثل ایران این همه ادم بیسواد و کله داغ پیدا نمیشه روزانه صدها نفر یا جان خودشون را بخاطر در دست بودن اسلحه گرم از دست می دهند یا
به سرقت می روند و زخمی می شوند
انوقت شما می خواهید توی ایران که این همه ادم کله داغ ریخته و گفتی زیر چشت ابروست برات چاقو میکشن اسلحه قانونی بشه
فردا توی خیابون راننده تاکسی میگه کرایت شد اینقدر یارو مسافره خوشش نمی یاد
بنگ بنگ
یارو میره خواستکاری بابای دختره راضی نیست
بنگ بنگ
توی صف نانوایی یکی میخواد بدون صف گرفتن نان بگیره
بنگ بنگ
و هزاران بنگ بنگ د یگه که از این شهر و ان شهر شنیده می شه
تازه اگر از قبل مردم اسلحه داشتندو عادت شده بود یه چیزی ولی یکدفعه اسلحه را قانونی کنی همه مثل قرن نوزده تکساس با اسلحه میان تو خیابان
نه جانم قربونت شکلت همون چاقوی زنجان کافیه

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's unfortunately not a wise thing for an ideology-crazed country like Iran. The right to bear arms in the United States came as a result of collective claim for safety by a large portion of the population. It had individualistic roots and served a great purpose (Safety).

The right to bear arms in places like Iran will only further enable the religious nut jobs to force their issue and make life miserable for the normal people.

These so called "rights" cannot be given. They must be collectively earned. Americans of previous centuries paid the price and earned the right. Individual freedom is not something Iranians have even begun to understand yet.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
GP - how dare you show up in my thread and provide your opinion after how you chickened out of our last conversation ???!!!
Where do you get the nerve? Are you a product of Boshkeh in Feyzieh?

Others
US constitution is all about protecting the population against their own government.

Last edited:

raminio05

National Team Player
The right to bear arms is outdated, at least for the purposes that it was initially given for. You should be able to defend yourself and your home against criminals, but to think that allowing any modern day population to have guns is a protection against the government is a joke. semi-automatic pistols and hunting rifles are no match for tanks, planes, bombs, etc.
Iran would be different if people had the right to bear arms. The majority of the revolting population would have been massacred.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Ramin jaan
A dictator can come down hard on a crowd of armed protestors who are gathered in one place - but he can't do anything against a spreadout population which is armed for self protection.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Masoud jon..Iraq is a tribal society and in that respect each tribe is more than well armed right now..and believe me, if U.S. leaves Nori Almaleki the PM alone..the sunni tribes will bring down in no time...and in many Iraqis opinion ..deservedly so..Its the most imbesol gov. in Iraq's recent history.

But on Individual level..Arabs and to more extent..us Iranians are not gun culture ..we are affraid of them..so.I don't think..this idea would work unless there is a plan like the 79 revolution in the books..and then the big boys poured arms into all revolutionary committees and groups ..u think there is a such a plan at work now..?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Amoo Bey
I know of no such plan - I would not know, even if there was one in the works. What made me think about the riaghts to bear arms is the situation I see here in America. If it was not for the 2nd amendment, Obama would have declared himself "President for Life" 2 years ago when he was the "Chief Commander" of the armed forces, and had the media, Senate, Congress,....under his thumbs lol. I know it is far fetched, but he did take the first steps to disarm the population - he even succeeded is getting a bill through that would allow the government to go to anyones house and ask for their registered weapons.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Iran is the country of "Hassan Gholi Khaani" at the moment, as soon as you give population the right for bear arms then it will immediately turn to a full blown mamlakat e "Hussein Gholi Khaani".

We witnessed 1358 when majority had guns, those who could not commit atrocity, revenge killing, looting and raping they went out and slaughtered wildlife with G3 (in full automatic mode) for fun.

Do you want to do something good for Iran? then go ahead and ban all choob, chomaagh, ghameh, deshneh and zanjeer, that will disarm majority of regime supporters (aka human impersonators).

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
Amoo I know it is far fetched, but he did take the first steps to disarm the population - he even succeeded is getting a bill through that would allow the government to go to anyones house and ask for their registered weapons.
never heard about this bill masoud jaan. Do you have a link?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
never heard about this bill masoud jaan. Do you have a link?
I am affraid you'd have to do your own search - but it won't be easy. The item of government being able to collect registered guns was hidden in another senate bill couple of years ago about putting more restrictions on gun sales. I was told about this by a police officer - he also told me it was up to the states to adapt the bill into state-law - our state did not endorse the bill - but states like New Jersey, New York, and California, probabaly have. As I indicated - Obama tried....

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Khodam - no can do. Only work related babam.
Meanwhile my services of enlightening you boyz remains free of all charges!! As I said - I shed light to the right direction....you do your own research.

BTW - you come across as if you are not very happy with me having access to technicians and secrateries......maybe you think of it as a big deal!! it is no big deal - most engineers in America have techs and clerical staff working for them. degh nakoni yeho

Last edited:

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Khodam - no can do. Only work related babam.
Meanwhile my services of enlightening you boyz remains free of all charges!! As I said - I shed light to the right direction....you do your own research.
Shed, you do indeed!

I would pay to meet those guys who work for you. Why don't you invite them all to join ISP and we all will have a blast together getting enlightened.

Off topic, but I really feel I know you. Is your work related to transportation?

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
pesar jaan - man khodam khal bazam
If you are bored - boro soragh GP.
LOL ok then go back to your khak bazit, oops sorry khal bazit!!

Anyway you remind me so much of this guy who worked on traffic management for a company that was a subsidiary to the municipality of Tehran, sherkat e motaleeat e jame e haml o naghl. You match his personality perfectly.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
looool
What do you make out of the fact that you are trying to get into more personal topics here? Should I be concerned about you? Should ISP be concerned?

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
looool
What do you make out of the fact that you are trying to get into more personal topics here? Should I be concerned about you? Should ISP be concerned?
Should you be concerned? I don't know. All I know is that:

.مرحوم آقا بزرگ با مارلین دیتریش آبگوشت بزباش می خورد