Rio Olympics 2016 [Reports, News]

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
He did really well in world championship with 2 gold and 2 silver but was a disappointment in this Olympics. Also his last world medal is back to 2 years a go. I guess he will retire.
That is disappointing! :( Looks like youth has won against experience in the Olympic not just in wrestling in many others sports as well! There is a lesson to be learnt here!

Nov 24, 2002
That is disappointing! :( Looks like youth has won against experience in the Olympic not just in wrestling in many others sports as well! There is a lesson to be learnt here!
well azeri wrestler who made it to final is 33. 2 years older than him. He had his up and down in last 2-3 years with injury and in 2014 he got eliminated as well, but you think a guy like him with all experiences he will do well.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
I agree that in the case of Yazdani it was good decision to pick him for Olympic instead of a young wrestler! but generally speaking, I noticed many experienced athletes in all other sports loosing to young and more motivated players.

Oct 18, 2010
mongolian wrestler started celebrating 5 seconds before the end of
a very close bout and got a penalty point against him which means
he lost the bronze.they got real mad and mongolian coaches started
doing a strip tease on the mat as a result.what a bust!

Nov 24, 2002
Overall i guess Komeil Ghasemi in 125 was a big surprise for me, he did really well specially against Georgian and American. 3 to 4 medals was something i expected in Free-Style.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
The whole wrestling organization is either corrupt or retarded.

They start by having 6 wrestlers start at the round of 32 while 13 rest and start at round 16! If you're going to have fair games either allow enough wrestlers qualify so that you can start all of them at round 32 or allow less so that all can start at round 16.

Can you imagine in the World Cup half the teams having to play one extra game while the other half rest?

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Was Yazadni really robbed 2 points? What are the rules? From what I saw neither the Azeri's knees nor his back/shoulders touched the mat!
There you go, you need evidence?
Those nasty russian mofcues robbed him, pure and simple!
Yazdani was out of business after this, he just did gave it up the bronze price. He could not stand the injustice, he said kind of "fuck'm all"!

Attachments

Nov 24, 2002
A win over Azeri wrestler could kind of guarantee a silver for Yazdani as i think he would have been able to beat his Ukraine opponent before final.

Nov 24, 2002
The whole wrestling organization is either corrupt or retarded.

They start by having 6 wrestlers start at the round of 32 while 13 rest and start at round 16! If you're going to have fair games either allow enough wrestlers qualify so that you can start all of them at round 32 or allow less so that all can start at round 16.

Can you imagine in the World Cup half the teams having to play one extra game while the other half rest?
That is base on how you finished in last 2 years, winner of medals in last 2 years get a free pass in first round. I have no issue with that, it was in our favor in first day(yazdani and rahimi), yesterday and today it wasn't..

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
That is base on how you finished in last 2 years, winner of medals in last 2 years get a free pass in first round. I have no issue with that, it was in our favor in first day(yazdani and rahimi), yesterday and today it wasn't..
Even in case of Hasan Yazdani it wasn't the right thing. I don't mind if they want to seed the players and make sure the top seeds don't meet up in the first round (like Taekwondo) but to allow unequal number of players so that half will be forced to play one extra match just doesn't make any sense to me

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Now as soon as his knee has hit the mat look at his head coming up and first looking at the referee to see if he is rewarding the point and then looking at the jury to see if they are awarding the point

Attachments

Nov 24, 2002
Now as soon as his knee has hit the mat look at his head coming up and first looking at the referee to see if he is rewarding the point and then looking at the jury to see if they are awarding the point
You pictured it well in other post, there is no doubt that was 2 points, even the American ref in review mentioned it and freaking Uzbak who was Raeis-e-Toshak disallowed it and American got pissed. I mean is ok if you miss it during action but miss it on reply it is just stupid, you can go back and forward as many as time you want.

I don't like to blame referee on everything but our 4 possible medals got disallowed in this competition.
Norouzi in Greco-Roman against Georgian, Salimi in weightlifting, Mojtaba Abedini in Sabre and today Reza Yazdani.

Nov 24, 2002
Hasan Rahimi also deserved a gold in 57 kg, he had a tough match against world champion Lebedev and managed to beat him and 20 minutes later he had to play against Japanese, khodesham goft, badanesh khaali karde boud, he said: 3 daghighe avval gij bodam.

Now i hope from now on, year or even two years before Olympics they send younger wrestlers to World Championship, Asian Championship, WC and some other tournaments like Fajr, Medved, etc), both Nasiri and Karimi are decent wrestlers but lacked experience in such a big tournament. They couldn't even wrestle half of their capacity.