Rio Olympics 2016 [Reports, News]

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Professional sports and top level competitions has advanced 20 years in this 4years, exact as same as Technology .. ki fekresho mikard ke YE KOSHTIGEI betune Reza ro intori bebare ru pol, unam back to back 2ta fane intori bezaneee? man ke hanuz gijam...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There you go, you need evidence?
Those nasty russian mofcues robbed him, pure and simple!
Yazdani was out of business after this, he just did gave it up the bronze price. He could not stand the injustice, he said kind of "fuck'm all"!
Does that count? I thought it was only knees and back/shoulders. I think Ashtar is right though. his knee touched the mat right before that moment.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
So.... our standing in the Olympic table is 25th! If Salimi had received a gold medal we'd been 22:ed before Kazakhstan.

Not bad after all!

Nov 24, 2002
Professional sports and top level competitions has advanced 20 years in this 4years, exact as same as Technology .. ki fekresho mikard ke YE KOSHTIGEI betune Reza ro intori bebare ru pol, unam back to back 2ta fane intori bezaneee? man ke hanuz gijam...
To be honest only 3-4 wrestlers from last Olympics got medals in this Olympics in either GR or FS. That shows anything can happen. In case of Yazdani just like Jordan Burroughs after losing the chance for gold, he wasn't same wrestler. I was in shock ke Uzbake che gadr rahat ru pol bordesho o rahat tar az on zarbe shod.

This guy can even wrestle against 125 kg, he is strong wrestler.

Having said all that we need better training methods no doubt, fitness in both of our teams specially GR was main issue, we weren't ready to wrestle 4 or 5 competitive matches during a day and 3-4 in space of 2 hours(which is stupid if you ask me but then again it is for everyone).

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
So.... our standing in the Olympic table is 25th! If Salimi had received a gold medal we'd been 22:ed before Kazakhstan.

Not bad after all!
Indeed, not bad Ali jan, but there is no improvement ,they are same and same as 40 year ,always wrestling and with lifting and here and there Tekwando . There are almost 150 medals for track and field and 96 medals for swimming that we have ZERO medal's form these 2 events ( don't forget about Gymnastic) , there are the events that we have to target it and work and invest as as hardest and much as we could.. Unless we don't take actions ,I guarantee you by next Olympic our medal counts will be cut in half .( even in wrestling and weight lifting)..

Nov 24, 2002
It should have been spain vs USA.

There are only five countries that have Basketball. USA, Russia, France, Argentina, Spain.
I don't know much about Basketball but wasn't Australia a good team also in this tournament? They won bronze and gave u.s hard time as well.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Indeed, not bad Ali jan, but there is no improvement ,they are same and same as 40 year ,always wrestling and with lifting and here and there Tekwando . There are almost 150 medals for track and field and 96 medals for swimming that we have ZERO medal's form these 2 events ( don't forget about Gymnastic) , there are the events that we have to target it and work and invest as as hardest and much as we could.. Unless we don't take actions ,I guarantee you by next Olympic our medal counts will be cut in half .( even in wrestling and weight lifting)..
Bardia jan, we are ahead of many other countries though, including some west European countries. By looking at the top of the medal standing table, you realize having a big population is a big contributing factor.

Anyways, as said earlier in this thread, I'm not sure only investing money is gonna bring us medals. You need to have it in your culture/genes as well.

Power and strength are the abilities we have always been good at, whereas fitness and team work have traditionally been our weaknesses. In addition, our women need to get much better despite all the difficulties they face. All in all, this Olympics was not that disappointing as it seemed from the beginning and with Behdad Salimi's failure.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It should have been spain vs USA.

There are only five countries that have Basketball. USA, Russia, France, Argentina, Spain.
I don't agree! Former Yugoslavia was always very strong in Basketball. So it's quite natural Serbia/Croatia are good at it.

Serbia alone has got 2 Olympic silver medals - 2 WC gold medals and 1 silver medal - 3 golds, 1 silver and 1 bronze in Europe.

I don't know why you put Russia and France ahead of Serbia in your list.

Nov 24, 2002
Here is the list of medalists in FS and GR wrestling, Azerbaijan got 5 medals in FS no gold. Russia as usual did well in both FS and GR. Russia has too many wrestlers that majority of wrestlers from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan are also Russian or already wrestled for Russia but when they see they have no more chance to be part of A team they join one of these neighbor countries.

Turkey also did really well, they got new Russian coach who was naturalized and got Turkish Nationality. They actually did better than us in GR.

Azerbaijan 130 kilo bronze medalist wrestler Sabah Shariati is Iranian btw.

Attachments

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I agree, but even then the difference between US and others is soooo much... I personally think they should introduce a law , no NBA player can play.
From what I remember I think that was the case many years ago. NBA players were not included in the Olympics but started to be included back in the 90's, after some drawbacks! I think they wanted to secure the gold medal every time.

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Bardia jan, we are ahead of many other countries though, including some west European countries. By looking at the top of the medal standing table, you realize having a big population is a big contributing factor. Anyways, as said earlier in this thread, I'm not sure only investing money is gonna bring us medals. You need to have it in your culture/genes as well. Power and strength are the abilities we have always been good at, whereas fitness and team work have traditionally been our weaknesses. In addition, our women need to get much better despite all the difficulties they face. All in all, this Olympics was not that disappointing as it seemed from the beginning and with Behdad Salimi's failure.
Ali jan,what I meant is ,there is always wrestling and weightlifting that bring us Medals and unless we don't find talents and invest on them (everything that requires for an olympian athletes) there won't be nay improvements ,we could clearly see the way other countries advancing in sports even in wrestling and weightlifting and medal counts in next olympic could be cut in half...example : have u ever though the English Gymnast will win and gold and sliver medals in individual gymnastic events and even more surprising was Chinese Gymnast haven't won an single medal ,it shows how the other countries catching up ...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
yeah , thats what i remember as well. honestly its BS , US is going to win it every time !
Well, I don't think they complain about it themselves. :)

If they would start to bring in their non-NBA players or future NBA-players, and still try to win the gold in the Olympics, they would firstly show their strength to the world (same thing they do with their NBA-based gold medals), but also they would get even stronger by letting their youth or future NBA-players get international experience in such an event like the Olympics. It would be to their advantage from all angles.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ali jan,what I meant is ,there is always wrestling and weightlifting that bring us Medals and unless we don't find talents and invest on them (everything that requires for an olympian athletes) there won't be nay improvements ,we could clearly see the way other countries advancing in sports even in wrestling and weightlifting and medal counts in next olympic could be cut in half...example : have u ever though the English Gymnast will win and gold and sliver medals in individual gymnastic events and even more surprising was Chinese Gymnast haven't won an single medal ,it shows how the other countries catching up ...
Or maybe this was just a "one time event" for both China and UK. But I understand what you mean! Of course if the authorities don't care about our athletes, we'll have no chance of reaching anywhere even if we could.