Rio Olympics 2016 [Reports, News]

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
yeah , thats what i remember as well. honestly its BS , US is going to win it every time !
That won't be the case every time. There are more and more international players in the NBA , Spain has 9 NBA players so the gap is slowly closing. The US did use NCAA players in the past and they didn't do as good. Plus , there is too much money involved with endorsements for the US not to use NBA caliber player.

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Or maybe this was just a "one time event" for both China and UK. But I understand what you mean! Of course if the authorities don't care about our athletes, we'll have no chance of reaching anywhere even if we could.

Alia jan, let's hope for much better result in Tokyo 2020....

all the best wishes duste aziz.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Does that count? I thought it was only knees and back/shoulders. I think Ashtar is right though. his knee touched the mat right before that moment.
Of course it does!
We could discuss it back and forth, in and out for years to come.
But the rules are strictly clear in this case;
2 POINTS
  • All takedowns.
  • Any touring that begins in par terre and places the opponent into a position of endangerment. At least three points of contact have to be controlled on the mat, does not matter which parts!
Yasdani's opponent bounced the butt twice on the mat when he had both of his hands on the mat, that means "2 Big Points".
The case where his knee during nanoseconds hits the mat is difficult to detect, but when his fat ass bouncing on the mat not once but twice is very obvious!

Rest My Case, Cheers!

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
LOL, mongolian way of going wild "...eh....yo, you taking our medal, OK ...take it, here you have it all....take our clothes too! :)
#OlympicWrestling , it sucks!

[video=youtube;Kt5ixY8U2kA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5ixY8U2kA[/video]

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
From what I remember I think that was the case many years ago. NBA players were not included in the Olympics but started to be included back in the 90's, after some drawbacks! I think they wanted to secure the gold medal every time.
Traditionally composed of amateur players, a 1989 rule change by FIBA allowed USA Basketball to field teams with professional players. The first such team, known as the "Dream Team", won the gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, being superior in all matches.[3][4][5]

With the introduction of professionals, the team was able to spark a second run of dominance after capturing only a bronze medal in 1988. A team of professional players competed at the 1994 FIBA World Championship, finishing first. In 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, and 2016 the USA again captured gold medals at the Olympics.

Facing increased competition, the USA failed to win a medal at the 2002 FIBA World Championship, finishing sixth. The 2004 Summer Olympic team lost three games on its way to a bronze medal, a record that represented more losses in a single year than the country's Olympic teams had suffered in all previous Olympiads combined.

Determined to put an end to these failures, USA Basketball initiated a long-term project aimed at creating better, more cohesive teams. The USA won its first seven games at the 2006 FIBA World Championship in Japan before losing against Greece in the semi-finals, ending the competition with the bronze medal. The USA won gold two years later, though, at the 2008 Summer Olympics with a dominant performance. This success was followed up at the 2010 FIBA World Championship, where despite fielding a roster featuring no players from the 2008 Olympic team, the USA did not lose a single game en route to defeating host Turkey for the gold medal. The USA continued this streak of dominance by going undefeated and capturing gold once more at the 2012 Summer Olympics, 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, and 2016 Summer Olympics.

Nov 24, 2002
Look like the referee of match between Reza Yazdani and Khetag Gazyumov got suspended after Iran's complain and review of video of the match.

Nov 24, 2002
Did anyone know Kianoush Rostami was his own coach, he said Anoushirevani and the rest of coaching staff method's in Iran is so outdated, he asked the federation to let him be his own coach and they accepted and we know the result. Interesting.. He said i wouldn't come back with medal if i wasn't my own coach.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
محمد بنا 'برای همیشه' از کشتی فرنگی ایران رفت

محمد بنا سرمربی تیم ملی کشتی فرنگی ایران در المپیک***های لندن ۲۰۱۲ و ریو ۲۰۱۶ "برای همیشه" از کشتی فرنگی ایران خداحافظی کرد.

آقای بنا سه سال پیاپی در مسابقات جهانی، ایران را به مدال طلا رسانده است.

محمد بنا در مصاحبه با خبرگزاری تسنیم با تایید خبر کنار رفتن خود گفت: "رفتم تا بی***قانونی و دیکتاتوری***ام از کشتی برود."

آقای بنا اولین بار در سال ۲۰۰۵ هدایت تیم کشتی را به عهده گرفت.

سال ۲۰۰۷ در پی اختلاف محمدرضا یزدانی خرم، رئیس فدراسیون کشتی با محمد بنا، سرمربی تیم ملی از سمت خود کنار گذاشته شد.

پس از شکست ایران در المپیک پکن، او دوباره برای هدایت تیم ملی دعوت به کار شد و این بار هدایت تیم کشتی فرنگی را تا کسب بهترین نتیجه تیمی در المپیک لندن به عهده گرفت.

آقای بنا پس از المپیک لندن با انتشار نامه ای در اعتراض به آنچه "بی***توجهی به این رشته" می***خواند از سمت خود کناره گیری کرد.

کش و قوس میان مربی و فدراسیون در دو مقطع دیگر هم اتفاق افتاد و مربیان دیگری در تیم جای او را گرفتند اما در نهایت دو سال مانده به المپیک ریو آقای بنا با اعلام آمادگی برای هدایت کشتی فرنگی به تیم ملی پیوست و تا پایان المپیک ریو ۲۰۱۶ با فدراسیون کشتی قرارداد بست.

حالا، پس از کسب فقط دو مدال برنز در المپیک ریو آقای با قاطعیت اعلام کرده است که از کشتی***فرنگی خداحافظی و عرصه را به جوان***تر***ها واگذار می***کند.

حسین ملاقاسمی، عضو شورای فنی کشتی فرنگی، در واکنش به خبر کناره***گیری آقای بنا گفت: "محمد بنا هیچ موقع سازش نداشته و همیشه خواسته است با تفکرات خود گام بردارد و بر همین اساس نیز استعفا داده است."

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
He is a great coach but in gar kardanash badtar az CQ shode. You can't select a squad without Entekhaabi matches, that is stupid.. How you want motivate young wrestlers to even compete??

Nov 29, 2002
Last edited: