RIP Anthony Bourdain

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ from the sound of it , it looks like he was a good guy (supportive of #metoo because of gf etc) .. that's why I posted it before both of you guys in other thread.. LOL

my question is why Iranians (frm a couple of sites I have seen) do open an RIP type thread on various ppl.
Which part of or culture believes in the soul or body or maybe even spirit resting ? is it Islam ? Is it just right to say it? pls educate me on this.

would yo ever wish RIP when this asshole moves on???
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unces-just-weeks-left-live-cancer-battle.html

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
For sure he was a true human. You felt it with him. So sad how depression is doing this to people. Apparently the suicide rate in the USA has gone up by a lot and is on the rise. Sad world we live in.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
The phrase "Rest In Peace or RIP" is generally understood as a wish for eternalpeace for the soul of the departed. The phrase is engraved in tombstones. The origin of this phrase are found in Hebrew in the old testament of the Holy Bible, "Those who walk uprightly enter peace; they find rest as they lie in death."

same as روحش شاد , یادش جاودانه / kind of obvious but question was on my mind for some time .. /

* he battled heroin and drugs for 3 decades.

^ from the sound of it , it looks like he was a good guy (supportive of #metoo because of gf etc) .. that's why I posted it before both of you guys in other thread.. LOL

my question is why Iranians (frm a couple of sites I have seen) do open an RIP type thread on various ppl.
Which part of our culture believes in the soul or body or maybe even spirit resting ? is it Islam ? Is it just right to say it? pls educate me on this.

would yo ever wish RIP when this asshole moves on???
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unces-just-weeks-left-live-cancer-battle.html

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
By his early 20s, Bourdain was hooked on both the rough-and-tumble kitchen life and a host of illicit substances. During an early job in Soho, Bourdain was, he wrote, “high all the time” — cooking meals while on speed, cocaine and, “increasingly, heroin.” He would dispatch a busboy to Alphabet City to pick up bindles of smack. For kicks, the young chef and his crew would blast the soundtrack to “Apocalypse Now,” soak the kitchen’s range in brandy and set it alight to mimic scenes from the Vietnam flick.

Bourdain burned the candle at both ends, toiling over that stove all day and night, then going to see punk bands and doing drugs in after-hours clubs downtown, “working through” hits of blotter acid and shots of Stolichnaya.

Of course, it ended badly. On Reddit, Bourdain later recalled his worst moment as a drug addict: “Combing the shag carpet for paint chips in the hope that they were fallen crack bits. Smoking them anyway.”

Summing up his show for a story in The New Yorker, the chef recounted the original pitch: “I travel around the world, eat a lot of s- -t and basically do whatever the f- -k I want.”

On multiple occasions, it involved him getting tattooed on television. His first one was done privately, and “my first wife was not pleased,” he told Maxim last year. “I just went out and did it to congratulate myself on my sudden change of fortune after 30 years toiling in obscurity.”

Bourdain last worked full time in a restaurant kitchen at Les Halles in 2000. By the end of his run there, he made only $800 per week and, until age 44, he had never had a savings account. Asked in 2013 if he missed the chef’s life, Bourdain cheekily replied, “Hell no! I like farting through hotel sheets.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/09/anthony-bourdain-was-regularly-suicidal-after-end-of-first-marriage/

Last edited: