RIP the greatest athlete that ever lived

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
This is the beating Frazier took by the hands of Foreman who was the biggest and most powerful among the best three in the world (Ali, Foreman, Frazier)

[video=youtube;vz3tPjLhw2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz3tPjLhw2U[/video]

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
A total narcissist with quite a talent for throwing punches and sometimes dodging them.

Greatest athlete of all time?!!! LOL!

Any person who lacks humility is considered a lost cause in my book. This guy never heard of humility. Quite a piece of shit as far as character goes.
Humility ? LMAF ....!

Rest in peace, a champion athlete and a champion in humanity ,generousity ,kindness ,comapassion ....
atleast watch some of interviews and read his life story before calling him a piece of shit .

Last edited:

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I wouldn't question his boxing abilities. The titles and stats are completely in his favor.

It is well known that to be a top athlete in sports like boxing, a bit of narcissism is indeed warranted.

He took that narcissism way too far outside the ring. He was quite an illiterate person but blinded by his own self-worship and the support of even more illiterate people he became an arrogant figure who helped derail the black freedom movement. He's partially responsible for the "thug-life" disease suffered by millions of families in the US.

He was also quite racist evident by the stupid quotes remaining from him.
I completely disagree about him being a racist and a narcissist. How did he take narcissism outside of the ring? if anything his achievements outside the ring overshadows anything he did inside the ring. And i don't think its fair for us to judge his impact on the civil rights movement but if you ask any African American that lived during those times they will praise Ali for what he stood for. And how can you blame him for "thug life" disease as you call it ? If anything its the governments fault that created a bad situation for African Americans in the US by incarcerating them at alarming rates for petty crimes that created this situation. Floyd Mayweather , Tiger woods ,Diego Maradona, Michael Jordan are all narcissist on and off the filed but Ali? come on man , the guy is a legend that will remembered for a long time.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What? How that? Frazier has taken so much beating by the hands of Ali it was unbelievable. Even after that one fight that he won, he looked horrible because his face was swollen badly through all those punches he had to eat over 15 rounds while alis face was all ok. I tell you what Frazier was:

Frazier was a phenom in my book. Not because he was a talent, not at all, he was a limited boxing talent with a fairly good left hook but his bread and butter was his high motor and his unbelievable ability to take punches. He literally made people become tired of beating him up and this is how he won that one match against Ali. He was a short guy who always came at people, sometimes without even throwing a punch but to take a punch! Foreman once beat him up badly.
Read my post again I said Ali was the master of Psychological warfare but the only one he could not psych out was Joe Frazier. Also, yes Ali took at tremendous beating in that first fight. Even when he won in Manila, he took a beating. Ali said, "I never felt closer to death!"

As for Frazier, he was great because the dude was TOUGH as hell. He could take three to four of your punche so he could land one of his own. You are right his bread and butter was his high motor and the ability to take punches, i have never seen anything like it. As for Frazier what pissed me off was when Philadelphia gave a statue, to a fictitious boxer, Rocky Balboa over Joe Frazier. If you studied the movie Rockey, they based his caharcter off of Joe Frazier and the cocky Appolo Creed was supposed to be Muhammad Ali. Outside of Frazier though he was able to get inside every other fighters head.

F*ck Philly you give a statue to a guy o ia not even a real boxer and you snub Joe Frazier? Actually, there really was a fighter by the name of Rocky Balboa but you know they did not make the statue for him, they made it for Sly, an actor. Oh and that Frazier Foreman fight was a total shocker. Everyone thought Ali was going to fight Frazier after Ali beat McQuery. Foreman comes in and destroys Frazier and everyone went, "OH MY GOD!" Nobody thought Aliw as goint bo Ali was goin gto beat Foreman,except or Ali.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD

In 1981, a suicidal 21-year old man was threatening to jump off the ninth floor of a building in Los Angeles. Members of his family and Police negotiators had failed to talk him out of it and it was increasingly looking like he would jump.

Muhammad Ali was in the area when he heard of the incident so he rushed to the scene making his way upto the ninth floor. He leaned out of a nearby window and talked to the man for twenty minutes.

Eventually, he convinced the man to abandon his plans to take his own life

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
شاید خالی*** از لطف ندانیم که وقتی*** دوازده سال بیشتر نداشت،دوچرخه محمد علی*** را دزدیدند و او به پلیسی*** مراجعه می***کند که بعد***ها نقش بسیاری را در ورود او به دنیای مشتزنی داشت.جوو مارتین پلیسی*** که محمد علی*** را در آن روزی که دوچرخش را دزدیدند به شکایتش رسیدگی می***کند،خود یک بوکسور بود و اولین نفری بود که او را به دنیای مشتزنی برد.در دههٔ ۵۰ میلادی شاید راکی مرسیانو،مکس شملینگ آلمانی و جوو لوئی از بوکسور***های معروف آنزمان بودند اما بعد از اینکه محمد علی*** فاتح المپیک روم شد،به دین اسلام گروید و نام فامیل کلی رو هم از خود حذف کرد و با نام محمد و فامیل علی*** به رینگ رفت.

اما از نکات جالب این بود که هر وقت که علی*** مسابقه داشت و مسابقهٔ او بطور مستقیم از تلویزیون ایران پخش میشد،صاحبان قهوه خونه***ها مینوشتند در صورت برد محمد علی*** نان و چای شیرین مهمان ما.

Attachments

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
شاید خالی*** از لطف ندانیم که وقتی*** دوازده سال بیشتر نداشت،دوچرخه محمد علی*** را دزدیدند و او به پلیسی*** مراجعه می***کند که بعد***ها نقش بسیاری را در ورود او به دنیای مشتزنی داشت.جوو مارتین پلیسی*** که محمد علی*** را در آن روزی که دوچرخش را دزدیدند به شکایتش رسیدگی می***کند،خود یک بوکسور بود و اولین نفری بود که او را به دنیای مشتزنی برد.در دههٔ ۵۰ میلادی شاید راکی مرسیانو،مکس شملینگ آلمانی و جوو لوئی از بوکسور***های معروف آنزمان بودند اما بعد از اینکه محمد علی*** فاتح المپیک روم شد،به دین اسلام گروید و نام فامیل کلی رو هم از خود حذف کرد و با نام محمد و فامیل علی*** به رینگ رفت.

اما از نکات جالب این بود که هر وقت که علی*** مسابقه داشت و مسابقهٔ او بطور مستقیم از تلویزیون ایران پخش میشد،صاحبان قهوه خونه***ها مینوشتند در صورت برد محمد علی*** نان و چای شیرین مهمان ما.

didnt the policeman became his first coach ?

Nov 29, 2002
A total narcissist with quite a talent for throwing punches and sometimes dodging them.

Greatest athlete of all time?!!! LOL!

Any person who lacks humility is considered a lost cause in my book. This guy never heard of humility. Quite a piece of shit as far as character goes.
Agha, wasn't he famous for being very down to earth in person and taking an interest in everyone from the cleaner to young up and coming fighter? I thought this was one of his main character traits which people had respected over the years? And his character for promotion was completely different to his true character?

By the way, it's interesting to see early Ali videos to see how much our own khosro vaziri modelled his Iron Sheik character on Cassius.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
I'm trying to control myself not to go on a rant here but some people like our friend BT say such outrageously uninformed and ludicrous remarks that make it really hard not to respond.

If you don't know much about Muhammad Ali then don't feel obliged to make ignorant comments. Is someone pointing a gun at your head forcing you to type these nonsense?

If you knew anything about this great human being's life beyond a few video clips that you recently saw on TV or youtube then you would know that Muhammad Ali noted in several interviews that all the trash talk and boasting that he did was for the benefit of promoting the boxing matches. He had said, that especially after converting to Islam he never believed himself or any other human being to be the "greatest" and believed only Allah to be the Greatest.

Of course he realized his own talent as a boxer and recognized his own physical strength, agility and "superiority" as an athlete which gave him the confidence to speak out so proudly and confidently as equal, if not superior, to white folks at a time when black men were considered second class citizens in the US.

Again, I'll try not to rant on but suffice to say that if Muhammad Ali was a narcissist, racist, and a mediocre athlete as suggested by some "brilliant scholars" on this board then I think we should add the title of greatest actor and deceiver in human history to his title as well for fooling billions of people from all races, genders, ages, and professions (from athletes to statesmen to entertainers to social activists to religious scholars, etc, etc) in to believing, calling, naming, and voting him one of the greatest sportsmen and humanitarians of all time.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
It has been said many times - his whole showboating routine was only a routine, for advertising and for show... it was meant to draw viewers in.. and it did...
He was fairly articulate for a boxer and interesting to talk to. He stood his ground...
I swear some Iranians just hate him because he was Muslim and he visited Iran once or twice.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It has been said many times - his whole showboating routine was only a routine, for advertising and for show... it was meant to draw viewers in.. and it did...
He was fairly articulate for a boxer and interesting to talk to. He stood his ground...
I swear some Iranians just hate him because he was Muslim and he visited Iran once or twice.
I mentioned that before and even Don King who dirtied him called Ali, 'The greatest showman ever." You got to realize when you are a boxer or an MMA fighter, your NAME is your brand. Ali had to be brash and confrontational and he was the master of psychological warfare. The only one he could not psych out was Joe Frazier. Anyways I too think it is stupid that people in Iran hate him because he is a Muslim and visited IRan a few times. How ignorant and stupid is that thinking? ALI was a champ but he was a champ outside of the ring as well.