Rohani announces his cabinet, Picks Jannati's son to be the "Cultural" Minister

Oct 18, 2002
Care to elaborate and give us EXAMPLES on how Rafsanjani in his 8 year as a Iranian president and 30+ years as a instrumental figure in IR has done to SPECIFICALLY to "shape the minds of the future generations" in a positive way !! that we should Jannati should follow him !!!
Ahmadinejad's cabinet lowered the standards so much that nowadays anyone who does not completely ruin the country is now considered a huge improvement!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Nice post Mr. A. It seems like the Iranian psyche has become living on our knees and literally taking whatever bone that the master throws us. I have no idea how we made it this far with this "dolla dolla, please don't stick in too far molla" attitude!

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Legally Rohani has to choose the justice minister from candidates proposed by the judiciary chief, and he suggested pourmohammadi. Rohani had no choice there and the position means nothing. The justice minister in Iran is nothing more than a paperboy. As for others, it seems Zarif has a fair chance of confirmation. I think Majlis will likely reject Monfared (Higher education) and Rabiee (Labor). Both are too close to Khatami. Also Akhundi (for transportation and housing) does not have much chance unless there is some backroom deal. Actually it is better if he is rejected and Ghalibaf is given this post. The old timers Najafi and Zanganeh will have a hard time too. I think we should expect 3-5 rejections.
You're right about justice minister being nominated by Larijani, I had forgotten that.

I think Majlis will not be as harsh as you suggest. Zangeneh will be the main target because of his ties with Mousavi. There are way too many people close to Khatami to go after all, including Najafi, Soltanifar, Nematzadeh, Monfared, etc. I honestly don't think Majlis can reject more than one, if any, of his candidates. That would signal 4 years of internal political war, which under this regime of sanctions no faction can afford to take responsibility for. I think they'll vote along the party lines (Rahrovan and Osoolgara) and the cabinet should get the vote. I think Zangeneh is the only potential casualty but I can also see them all being approved.

Oct 18, 2002
You're right about justice minister being nominated by Larijani, I had forgotten that.

I think Majlis will not be as harsh as you suggest. Zangeneh will be the main target because of his ties with Mousavi. There are way too many people close to Khatami to go after all, including Najafi, Soltanifar, Nematzadeh, Monfared, etc. I honestly don't think Majlis can reject more than one, if any, of his candidates. That would signal 4 years of internal political war, which under this regime of sanctions no faction can afford to take responsibility for. I think they'll vote along the party lines (Rahrovan and Osoolgara) and the cabinet should get the vote. I think Zangeneh is the only potential casualty but I can also see them all being approved.
Maybe, but my expectation is based on the reading of the words and signs in the past couple of days. Last week Khamenei criticized those who in private admit there was no cheating in 1388 but do not say it openly (referring to Akhundi), and today he openly rejected what he called "politicization of universities" (referring to Monfared). He is essentially giving indications to Majlis on who to approve and who to reject. I can't imagine they would allow a top Mousavi advisor like Rabiee in the cabinet either. I actually think Zanganeh and Zarif have a fair chance because the regime needs their skills and foreign connections at this stage.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Maybe, but my expectation is based on the reading of the words and signs in the past couple of days. Last week Khamenei criticized those who in private admit there was no cheating in 1388 but do not say it openly (referring to Akhundi), and today he openly rejected what he called "politicization of universities" (referring to Monfared). He is essentially giving indications to Majlis on who to approve and who to reject. I can't imagine they would allow a top Mousavi advisor like Rabiee in the cabinet either. I actually think Zanganeh and Zarif have a fair chance because the regime needs their skills and foreign connections at this stage.
Good points all around. What is the deal with Akhundi privately admitting there was no foul play in 88? Was that anywhere?

I still think there is too much at stake for the regime to look bullish at this point on the international stage. We'll know soon, and I think the approach they'll take will say a lot about what is to come in the next four years.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Why would he bro, he was Khamenei's pick for the position according to Saham.
I thin they reported that he was against that guy "Masjed Jamei". They did not say anything about who rahbar has picked.

Anyway, I think it is too soon to judge. We should see in the future what will happen.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
So that is the dominating psyche in Iran today. "Give it in" if doing so might provide you some needed temporary relief and/or material for your factory, fertilizer for your farm or a chunk of meat in your Abgoosht e Bozbaash then it is OK to capitulate and follow the path which dictated to me by this murderous regime.
Motori jan,

You are being too harsh on these people. Remember that we have had our Sattar khans and Bagher khans and Golsorkhis and ... who were brave and spoke with their lives on their hands. Remember where we got with all those brave souls. A society in need of heroes, heroism, and heroic acts is an unstable one, and one that will have ups and downs.

This is a long long discussion, and much better than I can ever discuss, Beyzaii has done in his "Arash". If you haven't, please read his take on the story of our national and mythical hero, Arash; please do so. In my opinion, this very short piece is one of the most important and relevant texts written in modern Persian literature. This is how it ends:

آنک البرز؛ بلند است و سر به آسمان می ساید. و ما در پای البرز به پای ایستاده ایم، و در برابرمان دشمنانی از خون ما؛ با لبخند زشت. و من مردمی را می شناسم که هنوز می گویند؛ آرش باز خواهد گشت

You have to read the text to appreciate the significance of those lines. This was written back in 47 and was very relevant back then. What makes you unhappy today is people who no more say "آرش باز خواهد گشت".

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So that is the dominating psyche in Iran today. "Give it in" if doing so might provide you some needed temporary relief and/or material for your factory, fertilizer for your farm or a chunk of meat in your Abgoosht e Bozbaash then it is OK to capitulate and follow the path which dictated to me by this murderous regime.

How did we last for so long? if today's attitude toward our Nation has stooped to this unbelievable lowest of low. No matter what, as long as some regime operative throws me a bone (acquired by my own money) which can keep my head an inch above the water then every thing is fine and dandy.

We never learned anything from our elders in 1357 when they warned us about the path we were taking, after 34 years it looks like we don't want to learn even from our courageous youth either. See what Jaanbaaz Mohammad Mokhtaari said the night before he ascended to Glory. Read "WHAT IT IS CAPTIONED ON THE PICTURE". Mohammad!! There is NO way in the world an opportunistic person like myself can be from the same soil as you were. Period!!

View attachment 34805

Every civilization has its own climb and following decline I'm arriving in this conclusion that IRR and the way we are dealing with is our ultimate demise. So Let it go, we have been hanging on to it for too long with no apparent glory ever since 7th century. Where do I go to revoke my unflattering citizenship?
Ostad jan , 30 0r 40 years or even 100 years is nothing really in a history of a nation which goes back 7000 years ,it just happened to be in our life time ...think of those who lived through Changiz time ... and we still survived .

Oct 18, 2002
Good points all around. What is the deal with Akhundi privately admitting there was no foul play in 88? Was that anywhere?
Sure. Actually in the past few days all of the so-called "hardlinger" newspapers and sites are focusing on this issue. Check here:

http://www.rajanews.com/detail.asp?id=163639

And an example of the wide attacks on Dr. Mili-Monfared (similar stories from Bassij Daneshjoui and the rest):

http://farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13920515000478

I don't think there is any cost for the regime to reject these nominees. Akhundi was nominated primarily because he is Nategh-Nouri's brother-in-law. He wasn't probably Rohani's first pick. Rohani can replace him with Ghalibaf if he is smart. Keep the competition close by. Monfared is a no name; as a matter of fact a purely academic face will do better than a reformist in this position (reduces sensitivities and improves quality).

Internationally, what matters for Rohani is to get those with foreign reputations and connections passed. those are Zarif and Zanganeh, and the foreign media are also focusing on these two. I guess there will be some serious discussions to ensure it. IRI establishment wants Rohani to succeed in repairing relationships with the world and getting off sanctions. they cannot afford doing that without his top foreign relations generals.

Feb 22, 2005
I think by now it seems pretty obvious that if you want to know what majlis would approve or not, you look at what Khamanie says. We got rid of a king to get more diplomacy and ended up with Kkhominie and Khamanie (God of Islam) who has absolute power of every aspect of Iranian society down to how to wash their Ass, sex, etc...

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I dont think Iranians have any choice and the chains is so tight around their neck both politically, socially, and economically, that the are just trying to hold their head above the water and get some air.
People always have a choice bro. The moment we acknowledge that we don't have a choice is the moment we've conceded that we don't deserve democracy. And that seems to be the problem with us at the moment... not that we don't have a choice, but how we argue with each other about not having a choice and/or justifying the bad choices we're making. We're just taking the path of least resistance, we have no vision, no expectations and instead of expressing our own beliefs, we're expressing what we believe are other people's beliefs. And guess what? When you don't make your own choices, others will end up making them for you.

Feb 22, 2005
Bi-honar, I totally agree with you and that is not what I tried to portray as not having a choice. Rather, I mean, their choice is between putting their head out and immediately getting cut or keep it down and continue on.

What is the formula that keeps the Iranian people in the situation they are in, that the majority being dissatisfied cannot change the regime? What mentality got them there in the first place? I would think there are few that would put their heads out considering the difference between those that ended up in the dungeons of the Islamic republic, raped, tortured, imprisoned or killed was they got arrested by bad luck. And then everyone went back into their homes and those guys got f***Ed. What is it that got Iranians into this situation and it is centuries old. Is is their philosophy of Islam? Is it laziness or Ampathy? Is it culture? Superstitious? Lack of trust? Is it lack of intelligence? Is it where Iran is physically located?

People always have a choice bro. The moment we acknowledge that we don't have a choice is the moment we've conceded that we don't deserve democracy. And that seems to be the problem with us at the moment... not that we don't have a choice, but how we argue with each other about not having a choice and/or justifying the bad choices we're making. We're just taking the path of least resistance, we have no vision, no expectations and instead of expressing our own beliefs, we're expressing what we believe are other people's beliefs. And guess what? When you don't make your own choices, others will end up making them for you.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bi-honar, I totally agree with you and that is not what I tried to portray as not having a choice. Rather, I mean, their choice is between putting their head out and immediately getting cut or keep it down and continue on.

What is the formula that keeps the Iranian people in the situation they are in, that the majority being dissatisfied cannot change the regime? What mentality got them there in the first place? I would think there are few that would put their heads out considering the difference between those that ended up in the dungeons of the Islamic republic, raped, tortured, imprisoned or killed was they got arrested by bad luck. And then everyone went back into their homes and those guys got f***Ed. What is it that got Iranians into this situation and it is centuries old. Is is their philosophy of Islam? Is it laziness or Ampathy? Is it culture? Superstitious? Lack of trust? Is it lack of intelligence? Is it where Iran is physically located?
It's a lack of imagination and vision Lordi joon and an overall defeated and negative attitude toward everything, which is constantly being reinforced by people who stand to gain from saying we don't deserve any better, we don't know any better and we can't have any better. It's the constant cries of can't, won't and never. It's the constant emphasis on putting on with BS and getting screwed because of some looloo khor khoreh that's going to give us more BS and screw us even more. Really, it all comes down to that lack of vision and imagination that has allowed a bunch of baboons to become a vision of our future and set the direction for our nation - and the people who say give the baboons another 30 years aren't really helping in creating a better vision - at least a better one for humanity, not for apes! ;)

Feb 22, 2005
But can one put a finger on where that comes from and how to help get the people out of there? In general, Iran is very much wrapped by Islam and its philosophy. The word Hussein, Ali, Fatemeh, Muahamad are very much every day reminder and the stories made by how and what they did. But at the end, the one thing that Iranians repeat everyday is "What Khoda wants will happen" and right there they take any responsibility or power away from themselves. It is lets put chelo kebab into their fat stomachs and hope that Khoda decides well for them that way. Like during a football game, that they keep praying to khoda to win. What the f*** does Khoda have to do with them?

But then again, in every country there is most majority that are sheep and small number of shepards. Countries that have more Shepard or depending on the mentality of the Shepard and which ones have the say, the sheep lives varies.

It's a lack of imagination and vision Lordi joon and an overall defeated and negative attitude toward everything, which is constantly being reinforced by people who stand to gain from saying we don't deserve any better, we don't know any better and we can't have any better. It's the constant cries of can't, won't and never. It's the constant emphasis on putting on with BS and getting screwed because of some looloo khor khoreh that's going to give us more BS and screw us even more. Really, it all comes down to that lack of vision and imagination that has allowed a bunch of baboons to become a vision of our future and set the direction for our nation - and the people who say give the baboons another 30 years aren't really helping in creating a better vision - at least a better one for humanity, not for apes! ;)

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
باند موتلفه اسلامی: ۵ وزیر پیشنهادی رأی نمی***آورند

عضو شورای مرکزی حزب موتلفه اسلامی گفت: مرزبندی با جریان فتنه و پذیرش سیاست***های کلان دو ویژگی وزیر صالح است و نمایندگان باید براساس این دو ویژگی به وزرای پیشنهادی رای دهند.

حمید***رضا ترقی عضو شورای مرکزی حزب موتلفه اسلامی در گفت***و***گو با تسنیم، درباره ویژگی***های وزرای اصلح، گفت: از سخنان رهبر انقلاب در مراسم تنفیذ و خطبه***های امروز ایشان می***توان استنباط کرد معظم له بر حضور افرادی که ابتکارات، خلاقیت و انرژی جدید برای فعالیت داشته باشند، تاکید کرده***اند و این نشان می***دهد برای رهبر معظم انقلاب کارآمدی افراد برای انجام ماموریت در دولت مهم است.

وی افزود: لازم است وزرای پیشنهادی مرزبندی خود را با جریان فتنه اعلام کنند ضمن آنکه وزراء باید در عمل، سیاست***های کلان نظام را هم قبول داشته باشند. سیاست***های کلان از سوی رهبری ابلاغ شده است و باید وزراء برنامه***های خود را مطابق با این سیاست***ها تنظیم کنند از این رو می***توان مرزبندی با جریان فتنه و پذیرش سیاست***های کلان نظام را دو ویژگی بارز برای صالح بودن وزرای پیشنهادی دانست.

عضو شورای مرکزی حزب موتلفه اسلامی تصریح کرد: ما از نمایندگان مجلس می***خواهیم در بررسی وزراء این دو ویژگی را در نظر بگیرند، هرکدام فاقد این ویژگی***ها بودند، به آنها رای ندهند، ضمن آنکه سوابق این افراد هم مشخص است.

ترقی همچنین به انتقاد از ترکیب وزرای پیشنهادی پرداخت و با بیان اینکه برخی از وزرای پیشنهادی ارتباطی با جریان فتنه داشتند و یا در ستادهای فتنه***گران فعالیت می***کردند و حتی جزوء تئوری***پردازان آنها بودند، اظهار داشت: نمایندگان مجلس باید این موراد مهم را در نظر بگیرند، این افراد باید در صحن علنی به سوال نمایندگان پاسخ دهند، اگر توانستند نمایندگان را قانع کنند، آنگاه به این وزراء رای دهند اما تا آنجایی که در جریان هستیم، این افراد در کمیسیون***ها نتوانستند به ابهامات موجود پاسخ دهند.

وی با اشاره به اینکه به احتمال زیاد ۴ الی ۵ وزیر پیشنهادی نمی***توانند رای لازم را به دست آورند، گفت: سوابق این افراد باید به صورت دقیق در مجلس بررسی شود که در این راستا می***توان از وزرای پیشنهادی علوم و تحقیقات، راه، آموزش و پرورش، کار و رفاه اجتماعی و نفت اشاره کرد و به نظرم این ۵ وزیر نمی***توانند حائز رای اعتماد شوند و یا رای پایینی را به دست می***آورند.

عضو شورای مرکزی حزب موتلفه اسلامی*** افزود: مجلس باید در برابر ملت پاسخگو باشد و هرگونه ضعفی در عملکرد وزرا در آینده به پای بی***توجهی مجلس گذاشته می***شود.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
وزیر دفاع روحانی از بنیان ***گذاران حزب***الله است

به***نظر نمی***رسد هیچ***یک از اعضای دولت روحانی مخالفتی با حمایت جمهوری اسلامی از حزب***الله لبنان داشته باشند.

به گزارش فارس، پایگاه خبری المانیتور در گزارشی تحت عنوان «روابط ایران و حزب***الله تغییری نمی***کند»، به نقل از یک مقام لبنانی که نامی از وی برده نشده است، نوشت: «هرکس رئیس***جمهور ایران باشد و وزرا هرکه باشند، حزب***الله برای ایران همان حزب***الله است.»

این مقام لبنانی که به***نوشته المانیتور بارها به ایران سفر کرده است، ابراز داشته که کسانی که تصور می***کنند موضع ایران در خصوص حزب***الله با تغییر رئیس***جمهور عوض می***شود، در رویا به***سر می***برند. حزب***الله کارتی نیست که ایران بخواهد با آن بازی کند.

المانیتور تصریح کرده است که به***نظر نمی***رسد هیچ***یک از اعضای دولت جدید ایران مخالفتی با حمایت این کشور از حزب***الله داشته باشند. وقتی پای اسرائیل و گروه***های مقاومت وسط باشد، روحانی خود یک تندرو است.

این گزارش از «حسین دهقان»، وزیر دفاع مدنظر آقای روحانی به***عنوان کسی یاد کرده است که در سن ۲۵ سالگی در تاسیس حزب***الله لبنان نقش داشت و با سید حسن نصرالله، دبیر کل حزب***الله لبنان نیز رابطه خوبی دارد.

المانیتور همچنین با تاکید بر نقش خاص رهبر عالی ایران در ارتباط با حزب***الله، تاکید کرده است که حزب***الله لبنان به ولایت فقیه باور دارد.