Rohani announces his cabinet, Picks Jannati's son to be the "Cultural" Minister

Jun 18, 2005
Today Rohani was sworn in at the Majles and submitted his list of cabinet ministers to Iran's parliament. Among them are Ali Jannati who is Dinosor Jannati's son who will be heading Iran's cultural ministry! looool

But to be fair Mr. Professor. Sir Ali Jannati has claimed that he does not happen to think like his father and he is deemed to be closer to Rafsanjani. Mr. Jannati was Iran's ambassador in Kuwait but he was fired after the regime's spy network cover was blown in that country.

alijave02.jpg

Some of the other notable candidates are:

Soleymanifar for Sports ministry, Dehghan for Defense ministry, Alavi for Intelligence ministry, Zarif for foreign ministry, Rahmani Fazli for interior ministry.

http://clubwar.ir/article_484

and here is AN after returning to his place in Narmak yesterday. The girl is his grand daughter.

13920512221851653_PhotoL.jpg

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Notable non-appointment was Aref. They just played him like a "sarbaz" on a chess board, rode on his "reform" mindedness and took a dump on him when he was no longer needed in their evil schemes. But what else is new?!

Jun 18, 2005
Notable non-appointment was Aref. They just played him like a "sarbaz" on a chess board, rode on his "reform" mindedness and took a dump on him when he was no longer needed in their evil schemes. But what else is new?!
Nothing..The same old shit in a different wrap...

13920513193014465_PhotoL.jpg

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Wonder how our reformist friends feel about Aref not having been included in the cabinet? Or is this just another part of the 40 year master plan for reforms that we can't wrap our heads around because we're out of touch with the Iranian psyche (i.e. this was the intention all along)?! ;)

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As for Aref. I think Aref was the one who was not willing to come in as a mere First Deputy.

I think he prefers to save himself. I think Aref would have said yes if they had offered him Foreign Post (maybe a Chinese ambassador), or maybe Vezarat Eghtesad Daraiee.

so looking at the cabinet you see complete opposite ends of spectrum there.

you see Javad Zarif for Foreign Ministry. (I have listened to his interviews many times. he sounds like a reasonable man that is not gone scare people in the world. he always has the smiling face with a cleaned up bearded.)

Then there is Mostafa Poor Mohammadi and Abdol Reza Rahmani.

you could argue Poor Mohmmadi at DadGostari does not matter since Ghove Ghazie is at Larijani's hand anyway and so DadGostari ministry is just a formality. but it was still a shock.

Then for Vezarat Keshavar Rahmani appears to be somebody close to Larijani. so I guess he is trying to secure larijani's cooperation.

Ali Janti is reportedly more like Hashmi Rafsanjani than his dad.

indeed he had an interview a week saying on theoretical matters it is not as if you inherit them.

He picked his right hand man for Vezarat KAr (his campaign manager)

Hashemi the man picked for Vezarat Behdasht seems to be a technocrat.

Ali TAyebi For Eghtesad also seems to be a technocrat.

Vezarat Niroo Fellow also seems to be a technocrat from the university.

The pattern seems to Ministries with political implications Khamenie and Hashemi's choices have been given the go ahead.

The economic activity related ministries have been given to technocrats.

and Foreign ministry has been given to an Eslah Talab.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The economic activity related ministries have been given to technocrats.
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure Islamist Technocracy is an oxymoron Esamani jaan. Technocracy means application of scientific methods to resolve socio-economic problems. Islamist means application of Islamic methods to resolve socio-economic problems. As such, you can not have technocracy within an Islamist government. Because of that contradiction someone who agrees to work with an Islamist government is not considered a technocrat.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure Islamist Technocracy is an oxymoron Esamani jaan. Technocracy means application of scientific methods to resolve socio-economic problems. Islamist means application of Islamic methods to resolve socio-economic problems. As such, you can not have technocracy within an Islamist government. Because of that contradiction someone who agrees to work with an Islamist government is not considered a technocrat.
trust you would surprised if you meet them. somebody who is karbaschi protege. would normally wear a clean suit.
he would wear a bit of cologne. he would create a rish sattari looking beared over the weekend and let it grow so conservatives would not bitch.

you are right it is a technically an oxymoron. but we live in the real world. and overall the guys picked to Run Vezarat Niroo, Kar, Oloom,Behdasht seem to be in order of magnitude better that the last ones.

like I said the only minister that really impresses me Zarif. the rest are just what he likes or what he would get through.

Jun 18, 2005
Technocrat, Eslah Talab, Conservative, Moderate,...In the Islamic Republic of Iran means SHIT. They are all the same and the message is the one dictated by the supreme leader's office. In cherto perta vo namayesha ham dige ghadimi shodeh. Pretty much the international community is on to this bullshit, it sad that many in Iran do not see it. Then again many in Iran think Reza shah was a bisavad british agent who should not be speak of. Never mind the railroad system they ride on everyday or the freaking University they wish their sons to attend.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
absolutely for those of us living abroad all of it means $hit.

but for those living and suffering in Iran even a 10% improvement in government operations could be critical.

imagine if you are a factory owner producing pickles and your power keeps going out. it matters to you who the Niroo guy is gone be.

Image if you are farmer and your crop insurance requires a ton of paper work and bribes, it matters to you if your money is paid to your 30 days earlier.

same goes for Danesh joo, imagine if you complete your studies and it takes a year to receive your diploma, it helps you big time to have that process streamlined.

so yes from 10000 feet view these things don' really make big difference.

but everyday people could sense real change in their daily struggle to just get by.

Feb 22, 2005
Esmani, great posts from you here. I like others on the thread want to scream F*** Rohani (which the SOB deserves) and F*** the the Islamic republic regime and its supporters (all of them Cockroaches and Rats, the backward reef raf garbage) but reality in Iran living under the most suppress and backwards Islamic government under Islamic rules does not leave much room for people having air to breath. Your posts on this thread shows you thinking in reality and without letting your emotion take over.

Enjoyed the informative posts and looking to read more.

but for those living and suffering in Iran even a 10% improvement in government operations could be critical.

imagine if you are a factory owner producing pickles and your power keeps going out. it matters to you who the Niroo guy is gone be.

Image if you are farmer and your crop insurance requires a ton of paper work and bribes, it matters to you if your money is paid to your 30 days earlier.

same goes for Danesh joo, imagine if you complete your studies and it takes a year to receive your diploma, it helps you big time to have that process streamlined.

but everyday people could sense real change in their daily struggle to just get by.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
The common theme seems to be that all are anti-AN figures. If I were AN, I would have sought asylum in Karakas by now.

Feb 22, 2005
In some way, you can say either Khamanie is a genius or Iranian people are one of the least smartest people around.

4 years ago after Khamanie crushed the demonstrators, experts where saying Khamanie will get rid of AhmadNeja or belittle him and blame everything on him and put a less conservative in place and cool it down a a alittle. This is exactly what he did and Iranians forgot and totally melted at his feet. He fooled the Iranians like little kids.

Now suddenly AN was responsible for everything, Khamanie is the prophet of god, and Rohani the A****le conservative is the Messiah himself.

The common theme seems to be that all are anti-AN figures. If I were AN, I would have sought asylum in Karakas by now.

Oct 18, 2002
Wonder how our reformist friends feel about Aref not having been included in the cabinet? Or is this just another part of the 40 year master plan for reforms that we can't wrap our heads around because we're out of touch with the Iranian psyche (i.e. this was the intention all along)?! ;)
Pretty happy. Aref was an absolute failure as the minister of PTT. He can be a university chancellor, and nothing more. BTW, Aref is not much more reformist than Rouhani. Read his comments about the 88 election and "Fetneh". He was just a figurehead, and nothing more.

About Rouhani's cabinet in general, I did think that he was going to repeat Rafsanjani's 2nd cabinet experience, but did not imagine he was going to do it with the same men! At 65 he is pretty much the youngster inthis government :)

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
عجایب شش گانه ایران

1- هیچ کس کار نمیکند، اما تمام برنامه ها اجرا میشوند.

2- تمام برنامه ها اجرا میشود، اما هیچ چیز تولید نمیشود.

3- هیچ چیز تولید نمیشه، اما هیچ کس گرسنه نیست.

4- هیچ کس گرسنه نیست، اما همه ناراضی اند.

5- همه ناراضی اند، اما هیچ کس شکایی ندارد.

6- هیچ کس شکایتی ندارد، اما زندان ها پر است.

"ابراهیم نبوی"​

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
عجایب شش گانه ایران

1- هیچ کس کار نمیکند، اما تمام برنامه ها اجرا میشوند.

2- تمام برنامه ها اجرا میشود، اما هیچ چیز تولید نمیشود.

3- هیچ چیز تولید نمیشه، اما هیچ کس گرسنه نیست.

4- هیچ کس گرسنه نیست، اما همه ناراضی اند.

5- همه ناراضی اند، اما هیچ کس شکایی ندارد.

6- هیچ کس شکایتی ندارد، اما زندان ها پر است.

"ابراهیم نبوی"​
LOL.....This is got to be one of the masterpieces of Nabavi in 6 short lines..LOL

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

I agree in principle with these comments Esamani jaan and if this was 1996 and we were in a static or improving economic situation, I would have agreed with them completely - a 10% improvement would have been better that nothing. But considering the severity of the economic problems in Iran right now, the fact that the situation is actually declining by 20-30% a year, do you really think that a positive 10% upward force is going to make any significant difference? Does it really matter that much if inflation is 38% vs. 42% for example? Does it matter if real unemployment is 23% vs. 25%? Did it really matter much when the Rial gained 20% after Rohani won the election?

IMHO, the foundation of the Iranian socio-political build is completely broken, as is our foreign policy. Would a new coat of paint really make the much of a difference even if it's a 10% improvement on the situation?