Rohani: The Zionist regime is a wound on the body of the Muslim world and needs to be removed!!!

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
This guy, Rohani, is Khatami 2.0. He smiles and says nice things, and in the back, IRI does the same things and even worse. AN was not an Akhund so he reflected IRI's true positions. Akhunds like Rohani and Khatami want to show a good face, because they are experts in taghieh. For those who think or hope this guy does something good, let's check in one year and see. The problem is that after 35 years of experience and hanging your hats on this person and that person, after this guy's true nature is shown and proven, some are going to hope that another Akhund is a good Akhund and will improve the situation. All I have to say is Keep Dreaming.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Did you listen to his last speech where he said Iran is not after war and Iran is not after changing political borders and regimes ,fate of nations depend on the people of those nations .
So far all I have heard from him is he same BS everybody else said, he supports Syria, condemns US and calls Israel a wound, I don't know what he says that is different from his predecessors and why you think he is different... I have learned to believe that talk is cheap, didn't George W Bush say he is not into nation building? We all know what happened... Just go to 1:40+...

http://youtu.be/F9SOVzMV2bc

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What speech was that Shariar jaan? The only speeches and comments I have heard from Rohani in the past week have been supporting Iran's role in Syria, calling Israel a wound and calling the US congress a bunch of "dishonest" war-mongers who get their orders from Israel!!! Not to mention that he had invited that war criminal Bashir (Sudan's president) to attend his inauguration ceremony passing through Saudi airspace which pissed those guys off and the plane had to turn around! I don't think even AN made comments, or did things, as stupid as this in a one week period around his inauguration!
Speech in inauguration ceremony , I am not making it up mate .

http://youtu.be/KvKXvfcdQXU?t=19m59s

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bi-honar jan can you give us a reference where he said this, because then I agree with you that he's being stupid.
It was on Reuters which I consider the best and most objective news organization in the world:

"If anyone thinks through threats they can impose their will on the Iranian nation, they are making a very big mistake. This dual approach will not yield any result. This brings into question the honesty of American officials"... Rouhani blamed what he called a "war-mongering group" in the U.S. House of Representatives for voting last week to increase sanctions on Iran. Referring to Israel, he said the group "pursues the interests of a foreign country and receives most of its orders from the same country ... even U.S. interests are not being considered".

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Well so far it seems most people get what he really meant as this subsided as quickly as it started:
I wish that was the case bro. People may forget one incident, but they will start putting things in context after a few days or weeks to conclude that nothing has changed. Every news article I have read from Western sources today had some very negative implications in it. Here's another excerpt from Reuters:

Many were struck by the absence of former president Khatami from the inauguration. The near absence of out-and-out reformists from the cabinet was also surprising given that their backing helped Rouhani win the election. "The marginalisation of overtly reformist politicians is striking," said Professor Ali Ansari of Scotland's University of St. Andrews. "The other, perhaps more worrying development beyond the cabinet is how many of the hardline conservatives are remaining in place and we ought not to lose sight of just how much is not changing as we focus our attention on Rouhani," he said.

While he spoke much about women's rights during his campaign and in his inauguration speech, Rouhani did not select one woman for his cabinet. Even Ahmadinejad had one woman minister. Mostafa Pourmohammadi, Rouhani's nomination for justice minister, is accused by Human Rights Watch of being one of a three-man committee that ordered prisoners in Tehran's notorious Evin jail to their summary executions in 1988.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Speech in inauguration ceremony , I am not making it up mate .
I'd like to see that Shahriar jaan if you find a clip or article where he used those words. IR is all about expanding Islamism beyond its borders and spreading an Islamic caliphate from India to the Mediterranean - it would be highly unlikely that a top figure in the IR would say something to contradict that.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
I wish that was the case bro. People may forget one incident, but they will start putting things in context after a few days or weeks to conclude that nothing has changed. Every news article I have read from Western sources today had some very negative implications in it. Here's another excerpt from Reuters:
I haven't heard much about the wound-gate after the correction the original misquote. And the day after, UK FM called up Salehi. White House has overall been positive so far as well. It's too soon to say, but early international signs seem to be in his favor.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
It was on Reuters which I consider the best and most objective news organization in the world:

"If anyone thinks through threats they can impose their will on the Iranian nation, they are making a very big mistake. This dual approach will not yield any result. This brings into question the honesty of American officials"... Rouhani blamed what he called a "war-mongering group" in the U.S. House of Representatives for voting last week to increase sanctions on Iran. Referring to Israel, he said the group "pursues the interests of a foreign country and receives most of its orders from the same country ... even U.S. interests are not being considered".
That's not a good thing to say, I agree, though again the translation is off:

"رأی مردم ایران در انتخابات اخیر رأیی معنا دار بود که هنوز پاسخ عملی و مناسب از جانب آمریکا به آن داده نشده است. بیانیه اخیر کاخ سفید نشان می دهد که هنوز مسئولان آمریکایی درک درستی از ملت ایران ندارند. رفتارها متناقض و پیام ها هم ناهمسو در گفتار و در عمل بوده است. در آمریکا متأسفانه گروه فشار و جنگ طلب و مخالف گفتگوهای سازنده و در پی منافع یک کشور خارجی است و بیشتر هم از آن کشور دستور می گیرد، منافع آن کشور خارجی را بر نمایندگان مجلس تحمیل شده و می بینیم که حتی منافع آمریکا هم در این اقدامات مد نظر قرار نمی گیرد. مبنای دولت ما اجماع داخلی برای حراست از حقوق ملت از مسیر تعامل سازنده، فعال و متناسب با اقدامات عملی طرفهای گفتگو است. برای ما آنچه مهم است، پاسخ عملی دولت آمریکاست، نه بیانیه ها. ما همه اقدامات دولت آمریکا را به دقت رصد خواهیم کرد و به اقدامات عملی سازنده و معنی دار قطعا پاسخ مشابه و متناسب داده خواهد شد.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
That's not a good thing to say, I agree, though again the translation is off:
متأسفانه گروه فشار و جنگ طلب و مخالف گفتگوهای سازنده و در پی منافع یک کشور خارجی است و بیشتر هم از آن کشور دستور می گیرد،
Not really off bro - it was dead on actually. I just didn't see anything about the honestly thing in there, but I think that was another section of the speech.
I don't think they would have translated پیام ها هم ناهمسو در گفتار و در عمل بوده است that way.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Not really off bro - it was dead on actually. I just didn't see anything about the honestly thing in there, but I think that was another section of the speech.
I don't think they would have translated پیام ها هم ناهمسو در گفتار و در عمل بوده است that way.
Dude, we have some serious linguistic issues between the two of us :)

The way I understood him was that he was referring to "pressure groups" who take orders from another country and impose their will on the congress members. I don't think he's talking about congress members taking orders, but about AIPAC taking orders and pressuring congress members.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

The way I understood him was that he was referring to "pressure groups" who take orders from another country and impose their will on the congress members. I don't think he's talking about congress members taking orders, but about AIPAC taking orders and pressuring congress members.
LOL. Okay, I can see how you would read it that way, but it looks like there are a few words missing from that excerpt, so let me do a little more research on that.... In the meantim, here's what he said to CNN. Hope we're on the same page on this one at least! ;)

اینکه آمریکا مسیری دوگانه را انتخاب کرده، آنها را به نتیجه نخواهد رساند و صداقت مقامات آمریکایی را زیر سئوال قرار می دهد

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I'd like to see that Shahriar jaan if you find a clip or article where he used those words. IR is all about expanding Islamism beyond its borders and spreading an Islamic caliphate from India to the Mediterranean - it would be highly unlikely that a top figure in the IR would say something to contradict that.
Here BH jan .....

http://youtu.be/KvKXvfcdQXU?t=19m59s

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

Okay dude, I'll give you this one - the translation is off and suggested a certain meaning that's not necessarily in the Persian version. Not that what he said isn't idiotic, but it's not as stupid as the translation. The problem is that his sentences are so long and bi-saro-tah and the grammer is so bad, that I'm sure this is going to be a daily occurrence. Don't forget this was a response to a question from CNN! For example, this is how Voice of Russia wrote the same passage in Persian:

روحاني با بيان اين كه متاسفانه در آمريكا گروه فشار كه گروه جنگ طلب و مخالف گفت و گوهاي سازنده است و بيشتر در پي منافع كشور خارجي و بيشتر هم از او دستور مي گيرد، گفت: اين منافع يك كشور خارجي و يك گروه تحميل شده است و نمايندگان مجلس و ما مي بينيم كه حتي در اين اقدامات منافع آمريكا هم مد نظر نمي گيرد

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Merci Shahriar jaan, I stand to be corrected. Although he completely negated that sentence IMHO with the next sentence where he says "mokhalefat va seteez baa har goone zoor gooi, solteh va tajavoz, makhsoosan taaroze nezami, jozi az farhange eslami, enghelabi va Iranie maust." He also goes on to say that it's our goal to incapacitate/neutralize people looking for a war or warmongers. Overall, I find his tone just as combative as AN's - he used to say the exact same sentences in the exact same order.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Merci Shahriar jaan, I stand to be corrected. Although he completely negated that sentence IMHO with the next sentence where he says "mokhalefat va seteez baa har goone zoor gooi, solteh va tajavoz, makhsoosan taaroze nezami, jozi az farhange eslami, enghelabi va Iranie maust." He also goes on to say that it's our goal to incapacitate/neutralize people looking for a war or warmongers. Overall, I find his tone just as combative as AN's - he used to say the exact same sentences in the exact same order.
Really Behrou jan ?! you find his tone just like AN's ?! just as combative ?!

Mokhalefat va seteez ba zoor gooyi means we are against bullying ...now what is wrong with saying that ,every sovriegn nation stand by this , he said we are not at war with the world and not after changing political borders and regimes but stand against bullying ,when did AN use the same literature and tone ?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Really Behrou jan ?! you find his tone just like AN's ?! just as combative ?!

Mokhalefat va seteez ba zoor gooyi means we are against bullying ...now what is wrong with saying that ,every sovriegn nation stand by this , he said we are not at war with the world and not after changing political borders and regimes but stand against bullying ,when did AN use the same literature and tone ?
I don't know Shahriar jaan, I'd expect my president not to use terms like bullying that 14 year olds use in the school-yard. And of course I find words like neutralize/incapacitate combative. How do you supposed he means to do that, by praying?! And here are a few passages from AN. Look familiar? At least AN's version was based on the positive use of words like peace, friendship and brotherhood - Rohani just said we're not going to do the opposite of those (i.e. double negative):

“The presence of the destroyer in the Caspian Sea is for strengthening friendship and brotherhood based on security for all and confrontation against the extremism of those who want to disturb the security of the nations and the region"

"The Islamic Republic of Iran has always been against aggression, oppression, bullying and occupation,"

"The global ruling system has reached a political, cultural, and economic stalemate, and the equations of power will fundamentally change in favor of justice, peace, and friendship,”

"The important political message by NAM to the international community is the message of friendship and peace and its readiness to tackle global challenges,"

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I don't think it was accidental. Hardliners in Iran took the defeat in two different ways. Some actually accepted that they had miscalculated, but some tried to portray Rohani's victory as theirs by saying Rohani is actually an "Osoolgara". This is done by someone who was trying to force Rohani's hand and show he's not different from AN. That simple.
Concur!!

I also believe it was a deliberate act and this was begining of upcoming chains of plots to undermine Rouhani. Not because he is Osoolgara, Eslahtalab or what ever, just because he was elected by Eslahtalab camp and hardliners got a serious bloody nose from last election. The whole world was watching when Khamanei's obvious pick Velayati got tad over 2 million votes while the Eslahtalab's candidate got over 18. That is 900% more votes. Aftermath of 2009 election Khamanei was mad, froth mouthed. screaming, yelling and threatening people that they will be responsible for their own blood if they continue street protests, but aftermath of 2013 he was quite, sad and soft spoken just like a looser. He knows very well that out of that 2 million 1.5 million of them had to vote for Velayati just because they work for him, out of 45 million eligible voters he only had around 500,000 supporters. That was eye opening sad reality for him to chew on for a long time. Even many hardline Osoolgara broke off from Khar and organized their own group called Jebheh Paydaari, that is another sad reality.

Rouhani will have no other choice than remaining in reformist camp b/c even he wanted to he will not be accepted among hardliners, neither among Jebheh Mottahed Osoolgarayan nor Jebheh Paydari, but these 2 groups will go through relentlessness effort to undermine his presidency and make sure 1396 will not be a 1392 redo, if the regime lasts that long that is.