Rohani: The Zionist regime is a wound on the body of the Muslim world and needs to be removed!!!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
So much for moderation and a more friendly gesture toward the world! The most important part of his comment to me is "the Muslim world" - a glimpse into the delusions of grandeur that Islamism shall spread around the world - the pillar of IR's foreign policy.

Iran's Rouhani misquoted in remarks on Israel: state TV

(Reuters) - Two days before his inauguration as Iran's new president, Hassan Rouhani said on Friday that Israeli occupation of Palestinian land had inflicted a "wound" on the Muslim world, according to a segment of his remarks broadcast on Iran's state-run Press TV. An earlier report by Iran's student news agency ISNA had quoted Rouhani as saying: "The Zionist regime is a wound that has sat on the body of the Muslim world for years and needs to be removed."

That version echoed the fiercely anti-Israeli language of outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but was swiftly repudiated by Iranian state media, which said unidentified news agencies had distorted Rouhani's remarks. Press TV then broadcast an excerpt from an exchange between Rouhani and journalists at a rally to mark Iran's annual Al Qods Day in support of the Palestinians.

"After all, in our region there's been a wound for years on the body of the Muslim world under the shadow of the occupation of the holy land of Palestine and the beloved al-Qods (Jerusalem)," Rouhani said in the segment.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu seized on ISNA's version of Rouhani's comments, saying they showed the reputedly moderate Iranian cleric was as hostile to Israel as Ahmadinejad, whose denial of the Holocaust and description of Israel as a "cancerous tumor" prompted international condemnation. The United States and its allies suspect Iran of seeking a nuclear weapons capability. Tehran says its nuclear program is purely for peaceful purposes, but Israel regards it as a threat to its existence and refuses to rule out military action.

With a more pragmatic president in Iran, Western countries may see a better chance for diplomacy to lead to a deal to curb Tehran's uranium enrichment program and avoid any conflict. "The true face of Rouhani has been revealed sooner than expected. Even if they hurry to deny his words - this is what the man thinks and this is the Iranian regime's plan of action," Netanyahu said in a statement.

Rouhani's words "must awaken the world from the illusion in which part of it is placed since the Iranian elections", he declared, saying Iran still aimed "to acquire nuclear weapons in order to threaten Israel, the Middle East and world peace". "A nation that threatens to destroy the state of Israel must not be allowed to have weapons of mass destruction," he said.

Ahmadinejad addressed Israel on Qods Day in his last speech as president. "You planted wind in our region and you will reap the storm. I swear to God that a ferocious storm is coming and it will uproot the Zionist entity," Iran's state news agency IRNA quoted him as saying.

(Reporting by Marcus George in Dubai and Ori Lewis in Jerusalem; writing by Alistair Lyon; editing by Jon Boyle)

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Great! Welcome to 4, or 8 , more years of the same. And you call this a "retraction"?

"After all, in our region there's been a wound for years on the body of the Muslim world under the shadow of the occupation of the holy land of Palestine and the beloved al-Qods (Jerusalem),"

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Exact sentence in Farsi: به هر حال در منطقه ما زخمی سال***ها است بر دنیای اسلام نشسته، در سایه اشغال سرزمین مقدس فلسطین و قدس عزیز

I don't know how anyone with a little bit of objectivity is going to read that and say that "wound" is referring to the occupation, not Israel! As I said in the other thread "occupation" is an act, not an entity to be sitting in something's shadow. And like I said my biggest problems is with دنیای اسلام which these baboons like to expand to include the entire world.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Exact sentence in Farsi: به هر حال در منطقه ما زخمی سال***ها است بر دنیای اسلام نشسته، در سایه اشغال سرزمین مقدس فلسطین و قدس عزیز

I don't know how anyone with a little bit of objectivity is going to read that and say that "wound" is referring to the occupation, not Israel! As I said in the other thread "occupation" is an act, not an entity to be sitting in something's shadow. And like I said my biggest problems is with دنیای اسلام which these baboons like to expand to include the entire world.
Now that their cover is blown, they are splitting hair. There is no distinction between occupation and state of Israel. If IR says we want to end the occupation it can only mean they want to end Israel. To all these opinion writers who every 4 years say give Iran a chance please take note.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
There is no distinction between occupation and state of Israel. If IR says we want to end the occupation it can only mean they want to end Israel.
Exactly and great catch bro. With your permission, I used it in the other thread! :)

No matter how they try to spin this one, Israel, or the Israeli occupation is the wound and you treat a wound to remove it. At least AN was a little more intelligent (a given considering he wasn't dumb enough to become an akhund) not to say Israel should be wiped off the map, but still his comments were taken out of context and translated as such.

Feb 24, 2012
Talking in riddles is generally not a good thing when you're a politician, and especially not when your the president of the Islamic Republic talking about Israel. Couldn't he just keep his akhoond-mouth shut?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Ultimately, I want someone to answer these questions: Is it really wrong for us to expect that our president has the political intelligence of a 14 year old kid? Are we really such awful people to expect that we don't have one chest beating baboon after another, representing one of the oldest and most cultured nations in the world? Are these really high expectations?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
By the way, this is what Bibi said after the comments were first published. Notice how predictable these baboons have become that Bibi actually predicted what would happen:

"Rohani’s true face has been revealed earlier than expected. Even if they will now rush to deny his remarks, this is what the man thinks and this is the plan of the Iranian regime. These remarks by President Rohani must rouse the world from the illusion that part of it has been caught up in since the Iranian elections. The President there has changed but the goal of the regime has not: To achieve nuclear weapons in order to threaten Israel, the Middle East and the peace and security of the entire world. A country that threatens the destruction of the State of Israel must not be allowed to possess weapons of mass destruction"

And this is the statement from Bibi's office after it was revealed that Rohani's comments may have been misreported:

“We were responding to what was reported widely,” the official told me. “The Iranians have a consistent track record of saying things and then denying them. We have no doubt that the remarks attributed to Rohani reflect his current thinking.”

And here is an interesting thought provoking question from the JTA on the situation:

–Why did two Iranian government-tied news agencies so egregiously misrepresent what he said? This might be a a situation of one lazy reporter’s screw up, followed by another even lazier reporter plagiarizing the screw-up. But it begs the question: How pervasive is the notion of “removing” Israel in Iran that a reporter can walk away and think, “Well that’s what he probably meant.” (Notably, Press TV, another government-run agency, quickly reported the misreporting.)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
BTW - it is also pretty well orchestrated;
The rat comes out of the hole in support of the wolf in sheep's clothing! Islamist Animal Farm! :)

By the way Nasrallah's comments that Israel is a cancer and must be eradicated, sound awfully similar to the mellowed out, spun around optimistic translation of Rohani's sentence, that the occupation is not actually the wound, but the disease that has caused it! ;)

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Please allow me to answer.

Ultimately, I want someone to answer these questions: Is it really wrong for us to expect that our president has the political intelligence of a 14 year old kid?
I think you are not totally right here. The IRI system is full of dumb people, but the ruling elite are pretty smart. Of course they learned a lot by trial and error in the last 34 years causing significant harm to Iran and Iranians and the rest of the world and to to themselves too. Also there has been a selection bias with less intelligent not surviving ascending the political ladder and more shrewd surviving. The difference comes in the priorities. For these folks it is first about serving themselves and then the rotten Islamic doctrine they advocate for. They sacrifice anything and everything else including Iranian national interest or human life in the process. To them Iran is a platform for their agenda and nothing beyond. Evidence? Someone has changed his name from Freydoon to Rohani will tell you how much he loves his Iranian heritage.

Are we really such awful people to expect that we don't have one chest beating baboon after another, representing one of the oldest and most cultured nations in the world? Are these really high expectations?
No they are not high expectations, but I share the doubt with you if we'll get them any time soon.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I think you are not totally right here. The IRI system is full of dumb people, but the ruling elite are pretty smart. Of course they learned a lot by trial and error in the last 34 years causing significant harm to Iran and Iranians and the rest of the world and to to themselves too. Also there has been a selection bias with less intelligent not surviving ascending the political ladder and more shrewd surviving. The difference comes in the priorities. For these folks it is first about serving themselves and then the rotten Islamic doctrine they advocate for. They sacrifice anything and everything else including Iranian national interest or human life in the process. To them Iran is a platform for their agenda and nothing beyond. Evidence? Someone has changed his name from Freydoon to Rohani will tell you how much he loves his Iranian heritage.
ME jaan, you really confused me. Was this an example of how their political intelligence is more than a 14 year old's, or less? You say they've learnt a lot, but where is the evidence when AN's saber rattling is followed by some more saber rattling by Rohani at probably the most sensitive time in Iran's modern history? And what have we learnt from the last 8 years of nuclear negotiation other than the fact the world is not okay with our nuclear enrichment program which has absolutely no strategic importance to Iran, unless they are after the bomb. You think they would have figured that out by now and be looking for a graceful exit from this mess, rather than giving more excuses for sanctions and military threats with comments like this, no?

I think people are misinterpreting what Rouhani's saying. Israel has been a wound to many countries, not just places from the "Muslim World". UK is a "Christian State" believe it or not so Iran being part of the Muslim world doesn't mean much to anybody any more, even if the media wish it was the case. The "removed" remark is different and lighter compared to Ahmadinejad's "let's wipe Israel out off the planet" jibe. Removed can mean "removed from our troubles".

Remember, this quote is from state media - it's radical nonsense putting words in people's mouths.

I will back Rouhani, as long as the West welcomes him properly. US has waved to him, UK childishly refused to go to his inauguration. He has such a mountain to climb, to clean up Ahmadinejad's mess, but I think he will succeed eventually. I mean, he's a Glaswegian* for heavens sake - what's not to like? ;)

* Okay, okay - he only lived in Glasgow for a few years but if you live in Glasgow even for a night, you're a Glaswegian for good...

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Baba.. Sage zard baradare shoghale.. this MF is still akhond..:(

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Did you listen to his last speech where he said Iran is not after war and Iran is not after changing political borders and regimes ,fate of nations depend on the people of those nations .
What speech was that Shariar jaan? The only speeches and comments I have heard from Rohani in the past week have been supporting Iran's role in Syria, calling Israel a wound and calling the US congress a bunch of "dishonest" war-mongers who get their orders from Israel!!! Not to mention that he had invited that war criminal Bashir (Sudan's president) to attend his inauguration ceremony passing through Saudi airspace which pissed those guys off and the plane had to turn around! I don't think even AN made comments, or did things, as stupid as this in a one week period around his inauguration!

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
And here is an interesting thought provoking question from the JTA on the situation:

–Why did two Iranian government-tied news agencies so egregiously misrepresent what he said? This might be a a situation of one lazy reporter’s screw up, followed by another even lazier reporter plagiarizing the screw-up. But it begs the question: How pervasive is the notion of “removing” Israel in Iran that a reporter can walk away and think, “Well that’s what he probably meant.” (Notably, Press TV, another government-run agency, quickly reported the misreporting.)
I don't think it was accidental. Hardliners in Iran took the defeat in two different ways. Some actually accepted that they had miscalculated, but some tried to portray Rohani's victory as theirs by saying Rohani is actually an "Osoolgara". This is done by someone who was trying to force Rohani's hand and show he's not different from AN. That simple.