Running and jogging shoes

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Dont know about you but i love running shoes. I have had them all, close to all brands...i really need them as i dont only wear them for running and jogging, i also love to wear them when i go out fishing, into the mountain, playing basketball, ....

To me Nike is overrated, the quality is not what it used to be, Adidas is a bit better but i barely like the design, Puma the same as Adidas, Asics is great quality, i also like Mizuno shoes a lot, Reebok and Fila are just not my cup of tee, i used to have a pair of english Karrimor shoes which were great and very durable but to me there are 2 brands that never disappointed me, be it in terms of design, comfort or quality: New Balance and Solomon. The american NB is known to close to anyone but some of you guys specially the ones in North America who are not into skiing and stuff may not know the french Solomon. Both manufacture great and comfortable quality shoes and i like the design too.

Would like to know your experience with this kind of shoes

I also have quite a few pairs but I always have a big problems with any types of shoes . I have wide feet and therefore I should always buy a bigger size sneakers or running shoes .

As far as the brand I really don't care but I only buy solid color ,

something like this

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
I also have quite a few pairs but I always have a big problems with any types of shoes . I have wide feet and therefore I should always buy a bigger size sneakers or running shoes .

As far as the brand I really don't care but I only buy solid color ,

Well i admit i am a bit of a brand junkey. Only once in my life i had a no name running shoe and they were a diaster, no damping and decay, no traction, no quality and it wasnt even comfortable a bit to make up for it. Btw, Sketchers do manufacture decent shoes too.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dont know about you but i love running shoes. I have had them all, close to all brands...i really need them as i dont only wear them for running and jogging, i also love to wear them when i go out fishing, into the mountain, playing basketball, ....

To me Nike is overrated, the quality is not what it used to be, Adidas is a bit better but i barely like the design, Puma the same as Adidas, Asics is great quality, i also like Mizuno shoes a lot, Reebok and Fila are just not my cup of tee, i used to have a pair of english Karrimor shoes which were great and very durable but to me there are 2 brands that never disappointed me, be it in terms of design, comfort or quality: New Balance and Solomon. The american NB is known to close to anyone but some of you guys specially the ones in North America who are not into skiing and stuff may not know the french Solomon. Both manufacture great and comfortable quality shoes and i like the design too.

Would like to know your experience with this kind of shoes
I buy running shoes all the time and I like to swim more now but I still use them for everything. You might want to give New Balance a go, they make comfortable and durable shoes A six is good, so is Sauccony. I haven't tried Adidas in a while so I cannot say about that but I am sure they are good. The only one I have not tired are Mizuno, Fila and Puma. I usually go with New Balance and when I wold used to run, I would run about 3 miles a day and it lasted the longest. Even in the Navy for boot camp, they gave you New Balance shoes because apparently they are durable and your chances of getting injured in them decrease. I am sure they researched that, otherwise they would not just pick New Balance just because. Think of how much wear and tear you will go through with 3 months of boot camp and those shoes lasted for me.

BTW your NB shoes look sick and I like the color combo. Some running shoes have the most butt ugly color schemes.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^I have not heard of that specific brand Salmon, I am sure they are good shoes, they look durable. Do they sell these in the States or is this more commonly found in Europe?

Nov 29, 2002
Salomon are a big mountaneering/snow/hiking company. Didn't know they made running shoes too.

For me the best shoe company is Brooks but that is because they make great support shoes and I have flat feet. Buying Brooks Adrenaline every 2 years is my staple. They put a lot of craftsmanship in their shoes.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Salomon are a big mountaneering/snow/hiking company. Didn't know they made running shoes too.

For me the best shoe company is Brooks but that is because they make great support shoes and I have flat feet. Buying Brooks Adrenaline every 2 years is my staple. They put a lot of craftsmanship in their shoes.
I heard good things about Brooks. BTW HC jan those Salmon running shoes are not cheap $175, it is on the higher end side. Just make sure the shoe has good support and when I ran, I liked getting NB and Asix because I have a size 11 wide E, sometimes it is size 12, depending on the cut of the shoe because it had that arc and image stabilization and my feet naturally have an arch. New Balance make the most comfy wide feet shoes, I can't do Nike because it pinches my feet. I haven't tried Adidas yet but I tried adidas for regular shoes and they were good. The other shoe I tried that was not bad was again Saucony. They EXCLUSIVELY make running shoes, that is it. I still like NB and Asix the best. For me it is like A and 1B.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I do lots of running and biking in last few years actually and having quality running shoes is pretty important, i have tried them almost all, not a big fan of Nike, i was Ok with Adidas at some extend, so far the ones i am enjoying most are Reebok and NB, specially NB, really comfortable.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Apparently (I don't know how correct this is) NB is one of those few brands that still is manufactured in USA.