S.Korea lose to Egypt

Oct 19, 2002
Seoul - Jo Bonfrere’s Korea Rep. did not have the best warm-up result that they would have hoped for before their first FIFA World Cup qualification match (final rounds) when they lost 0-1 to Egypt.

Korea Rep. started the match without three of their foreign-based players – Park Ji Sung, Lee Young Pyo and Seol Ki Hyeon were not able to join the squad. However, they still had the first look at goal when defender Park Dong Hyuk tested Egyptian goalkeeper Nader El-Sayed as early as the 8th minute.

Nonetheless, Emad Abdel Nabi silenced the home-crowd 5 minutes later when he capitalized on a rebound off Korean defender Park Jae Hong.

Korea though had their chances to equalize through Lee Chun Soo whose free kick in the 35th minute went wide just by a few inches. In the second half, Korea Rep. controlled most of the game but still could not find the net.

Korea Rep. will now meet Kuwait on 9 February 2005 at the Seoul World Cup stadium and would be hoping for a reverse of the day’s result.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
very biased report.

did egypt have all their top players? why doesnt it mention it!

i only say that coz the mido who is egyptian played for spurs today, and scored two! i dont know how many good strikers egypt has, but this guy must be one of them! he played for roma after all, and is only 21!