saddam execution thread (WARNING- GRAPHIC VIDEO + PICS)

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
WARNING- on page 14 of this thread there are EXTERNAL links to the full execution video and some pictures. These are indeed graphic. Download them at your own risk.

may he rott hell.

this guy is literally getting away with murder. hes done so much shit in his life, and he will never be going to court for them... but it seems like the day has come. his half brothers were taken to see him yesterday, and his lawyers have been asked to go and collect his personal stuff. i know this might sound sick, but this is one video which i really hope i get to see.

bbc: Lawyers for former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein have confirmed to the BBC that they have been asked to pick up his personal effects.

An Iraqi official has denied that he has been handed from US military to Iraqi custody, following earlier reports that this had happened. Saddam Hussein could be hanged at any time over the next four weeks, after an appeal against his execution failed. The sentence is for the killings of 148 Shias in Dujail in the 1980s. A trial for a second case, genocide against the Kurds, continues.

'Still with Americans'
According to Iraqi state TV, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki said that there will be no delay in carrying out Saddam Hussein's death sentence. "No-one can oppose the decision to execute the criminal Saddam," Mr Maliki was quoted by AFP as saying. "Those who reject the execution of Saddam are undermining the dignity of Iraq's martyrs." Chief defence lawyer Khalil al-Dulaimi told the BBC US officials had asked him to appoint someone to collect Saddam Hussein's possessions, or give an address where they could be sent.

The lawyer said the Americans neither confirmed nor denied he was actually handed over from US military custody near Baghdad. Another lawyer told the BBC Saddam Hussein had been seeing members of his family recently. However, Iraqi Deputy Justice Minister Bosho Ibrahim confirmed to the BBC that Saddam Hussein had not been handed over. The time and location of the hanging has not been made public - and may be revealed only after the former president is dead to avoid civil disruption and unrest. The confusion surrounding Saddam's fate comes a day after his lawyer urged the international community to stop him being handed over to the Iraqi authorities for execution.

Mr Dulaimi said Saddam was a prisoner of war and should not be handed to his enemies. In a letter written from his prison cell, he said he was ready to die as a "sacrifice" for Iraq.

Dujail
Saddam Hussein was convicted of human rights abuses in relation to the killings of the 148 Shias in Dujail, north of Baghdad, after a failed assassination attempt against the former Iraqi leader in 1982. Saddam Hussein's half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti and Iraq's former chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bandar were also sentenced to death. Former Vice-President Taha Yassin Ramadan was sentenced to life imprisonment and three others received 15-year prison terms. Another co-defendant, Baath party official Mohammed Azawi Ali, was acquitted. The White House has called the ruling a milestone in Iraq's efforts "to replace the rule of a tyrant with the rule of law". Many critics have dismissed the trial as a form of victors' justice, given the close attention the US had paid to it.
Saddam Hussein's defence team had also accused the government of interfering in the proceedings - a complaint backed by US group Human Rights Watch. The 5 November verdict sparked celebrations in Baghdad but protests in Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I don't think anyone dying should be a cause for celebration.

In the case of Saddam, I am quite sad he is dying like this. I would have celebrated to see him see justice in an international court for his crimes against Iranian people. But that's not going to happen. So I don't see any reason in celebrating his death and his getting away without beiing condemned and recognised for his actions.

His crimes will forever be only 'alleged' crimes, and nothing more as there was no chance for them to be proven accordingly.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
I dont think he will be executed tomorow (Saturday) because tomorow is a Relugious day for Muslims (Eid). If they are in hurry to execute him, it will happen either tonight or after Eid.

Mar 1, 2003
San Jose, California
Dear compatriots, as you know the end is near for a bloody tyrant and he might be executed by Saturday!
I like to have your farewell letter or message to him on this thread!
Let him ROT in hell!
Ba sepas,

DO YOUR DUTY!:Iran1:

How sweet it was!

Last edited:

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
may he burn in hell!!!!! long live iran:Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1:

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
I dont think he will be executed tomorow (Saturday) because tomorow is a Relugious day for Muslims (Eid). If they are in hurry to execute him, it will happen either tonight or after Eid.
baba... they execute him tonight!!! dont mess with americans

Jun 18, 2005
Although Saddam's execution is going to be a relief for the victim families, this will later come back to bite the Iraqi gov.

Another mistake in a series to be committed in Iraq by the coalition.

Moments of temporary join and excitement soon to be overshadowed by their grim consequences.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Even though I think the death penalty is barbaric and I also am upset that he isn't facing trial against all the other thousands of Iranians and Iraqis he killed, I just can't help feeling good. Above all, I remember the chemical attacks and seeing people to this day in Iran who are dying because of this racist savage. I just hope they torture him (I know it's barbaric but I don't care) before they actually hang him.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
In the case of Saddam, I am quite sad he is dying like this. I would have celebrated to see him see justice in an international court for his crimes against Iranian people. But that's not going to happen. So I don't see any reason in celebrating his death and his getting away without beiing condemned and recognised for his actions.
well how about Iran complaining and filing a court case against him(well too late now, but in the past!)?! When Saddam was only jailed for his crimes in Iraq, Iran didnt even follow the case.

anyhow, one dictator out of this world. although just a puppet!!
May he rest in PIECE!

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Dear Saddam,

My memory of war isnt great. i wasnt old enough to remember everything that happend, but there are some things that i will never forget.

the ambulance parking outside my room window, with the body of our neighbour who had been killed in the war.

the night u bastards tried to bomb azadi stadium, just a mile away from my house. i remember me and my granddad saw the planes right above my house. i still remember how scared i was that night.

my dad had to go to jebhe for a couple of weeks because most of his colleagues were going as university lecturers. i remember when he didnt come back on the night he was meant to... i will never forget how scared my mum and i were that night..

there are a few more memories, but i think u dont have too much time to read them to be honest, and i really dont want you to get tiered just before the big event coming up any minute now. the irony is that they are killing you because you are only accused of killing 168 people! thats all. so lets face it, u actually got away with it...

good luck (because u REALLY REALLY need it).

sit tight, and enjoy the ride ;)

yours truly

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
Dear Saddam,

My memory of war isnt great. i wasnt old enough to remember everything that happend, but there are some things that i will never forget.

the ambulance parking outside my room window, with the body of our neighbour who had been killed in the war.

the night u bastards tried to bomb azadi stadium, just a mile away from my house. i remember me and my granddad saw the planes right above my house. i still remember how scared i was that night.

my dad had to go to jebhe for a couple of weeks because most of his colleagues were going as university lecturers. i remember when he didnt come back on the night he was meant to... i will never forget how scared my mum and i were that night..

there are a few more memories, but i think u dont have too much time to read them to be honest, and i really dont want you to get tiered just before the big event coming up any minute now. the irony is that they are killing you because you are only accused of killing 168 people! thats all. so lets face it, u actually got away with it...

good luck (because u REALLY REALLY need it).

sit tight, and enjoy the ride ;)

yours truly
verry well said... my father , uncle, grandfather also died in the ``defaye moghadas``:(

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
baba... they execute him tonight!!! dont mess with americans
What did I say?

As I said they probably execute him tonight, if not I think it will not be Saturday because of Eid.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
This is one day that I never thought I could see in my life. For all friends I lost, for my own military service and what I went trough as well as all Iranians this is a good day-

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
by the way none of these news has been confirmed yet. CNN is also confused :D

I say tell should the bastard you will be executed tonight then take him there say will be tomorow, then take him there say no will be next week repeat this several times let him change his underware several times then hang him.

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
by the way none of these news has been confirmed yet. CNN is also confused :D
will be executed no later than Saturday, said an Iraqi judge authorized to attend his hanging. The former dictator's lawyers said he had been transferred from U.S. custody, but an Iraqi official said he was still in the hands of American guards.
The physical transfer of Saddam to Iraqi authorities was believed to be one of the last steps before he was to be hanged, although the lawyers' statement did not specifically say Saddam was in Iraqi hands.
"A few minutes ago we received correspondence from the Americans saying that President Saddam Hussein is no longer under the control of U.S. forces," according to the statement faxed to The Associated Press.
The statement said U.S. officials asked the lawyers to cancel a trip to Baghdad for a last meeting with Saddam, saying he was no longer in American custody.
Munir Haddad, a judge on the appeals court that upheld Saddam's death sentence, said he was ready to attend the execution.
"All the measures have been done," Haddad said. "There is no reason for delays."
In Baghdad, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has signed Saddam's death sentence, a government official said. The official, who refused to be identified by name because he was not authorized to release the information, said that Iraqi authorities were not yet in control of Saddam. The discrepancy could not be explained.
"We have agreed with the Americans that the handover will take place only a few minutes before he is executed," the official said.
The defense team statement called on "everybody to do everything to stop this unfair execution."
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said opposing Saddam's execution was an insult to his victims. His office said he made the remarks in a meeting with families of people who died during Saddam's rule.
"Our respect for human rights requires us to execute him, and there will be no review or delay in carrying out the sentence," al-Maliki said.
Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman, said U.S. forces were on high alert.
"They'll obviously take into account social dimensions that could potentially led to an increase in violence which certainly would include carrying out the sentence of Saddam Hussein," Whitman said.
On Thursday, two half brothers visited Saddam in his cell, a member of the former dictator's defense team, Badee Izzat Aref, told The Associated Press by telephone from the United Arab Emirates. He said the former dictator handed them his personal belongings.
A senior commander at the Iraqi defense ministry also confirmed the meeting and said Saddam gave his will to one of his half brothers. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
Saddam's lawyers later issued a statement saying the Americans gave permission for his belongings to be retrieved. However, Raed Juhi, spokesman for the High Tribunal court that convicted Saddam, denied that the former leader's relatives visited him.
An Iraqi appeals court upheld Saddam's death sentence Tuesday for the killing of 148 people who were detained after an attempt to assassinate him in the northern Iraqi city of Dujail in 1982. The court said the former president should be hanged within 30 days.
There have been disagreements among Iraqi officials in recent days as to whether Iraqi law dictates the execution must take place within 30 days and whether President Jalal Talabani and his two deputies have to approve it.
In his Friday sermon, a mosque preacher in the Shiite holy city of Najaf called Saddam's execution "God's gift to Iraqis."
"Oh, God, you know what Saddam has done! He killed millions of Iraqis in prisons, in wars with neighboring countries and he is responsible for mass graves. Oh God, we ask you to take revenge on Saddam," said Sheik Sadralddin al-Qubanji, a member of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, known as SCIRI, the dominant party in al-Maliki's coalition.
With at least 72 more Iraqis killed Thursday in violence, U.S. officials and Iraqis expressed concern about the potential for even worse bloodshed following Saddam's execution.
In the latest violence, a suicide bomber killed nine people near a Shiite mosque north of Baghdad on Friday, police said. A round of mortar shells also slammed into al-Maidan square in central Baghdad, wounding ten people and damaging shops and buildings in the area, police said.
Gunmen killed two employees of an oil company and another civilian in Mosul, 250 miles northwest of Baghdad. Two civilians and a policeman were fatally shot in separate attacks in Musayyib, about 40 miles south of the capital, police said.
U.S. troops, meanwhile, killed six people and destroyed a weapons cache in separate raids in Baghdad and northwest of the Iraqi capital, the U.S. military said.
One of the raids targeted two buildings in the village of Thar Thar, where U.S. troops found 16 pounds of homemade explosives, two large bombs, a rocket-propelled grenade, suicide vests and multiple batteries, the military said.
Iraqi forces backed by U.S. troops also captured 13 suspects and confiscated weapons in a raid on a mosque southeast of Baghdad, the U.S. military said Friday.