Saeid Marouf & ZENIT KAZAN, the Champion of 2015 CEV Denizbank Volleyball Champions League.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
He does not get much playing time in his new team. Must be more of tactical reason than his ability, I think.
But he was in for the last set to win the game/match, good work Saied.

The clip is available: worldwide except Austria & Germany!
[video]http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/video/final-zenit-kazan-asseco-resovia-rzeszow/312727.html[/video]

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I dont think it was a good idea to leave for a russian team at the age of 29. Zenit is a very good team, the guy who he has to compete with on his position is a young 23 years old and very promising player Igor Kobzar...i think he will have a general problem with playing time over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 21, 2005
next door
supposedly his contract made him one of the most expensive volleyball player in the world. Ruban paid $1 million to release him of his contract from his team in iran. which will also pay him $600 K for half a season.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I dont think it was a good idea to leave for a russian team at the age of 29. Zenit is a very good team, the guy who he has to compete with on his position is a young 23 years old and very promising player Igor Kobzar...i think he will have a general problem with playing time over there.
Oh thank's for the background yes if that is the case I don't see the kid getting much playing time. Why go with the 29 yo Iranian when you can go with the 23 yo Eastern European? He is younger and I assume the kid has more of a cealing. Our guy probably is going to be who he is because at that age, you are going on the downhill part of your careere. Well I wish the young lad best of luck and congratulations on the championship. I don't know much about volleyball but I know that Italy has the best league and they pay you the most $$$ right?

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Now its more than obvious, Zenit KAZAN will extend contract with Matt Anderson which means the end of Saeid's time in Zenit K. and he will leave the team at the end of Russian league!
Saeid will NOT accept only playing euroleague as the third foreign players (no more play time for him in russian league)!

A very dreadful tactical decision by Zenit official. Saeid could easily give another 3 top years for Zenit. They will lose both the titles (euro & russ. league) this year (2015-2016), mark my words!
That dumb Igor Kobzar is not a bit close to Saieds magic fingers (not mentioning brain capacity), he is totally a backpack-retard.

The muppet igorsKy is supposed to fill the void of Saeid, what a joke! :)

[video=youtube;dLYykrYIabE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYykrYIabE[/video]