Saudi Arabia to host first Ladies European Tour golf week with back-to-back tournaments

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/54324853

Saudi Arabia is to host its first professional tournaments for women in November, with two Ladies European Tour events scheduled to take place.

The Saudi Ladies International will be held from 12-15 November, with the Saudi Ladies Team International from 17-19 November.

Both tournaments will take place at the Royal Greens Golf Club.

The first event had been set for March of this year but was cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

"We are extremely excited to be part of history in bringing the first professional women's golf event to Saudi Arabia," said Alexandra Armas, chief executive of the Ladies European Tour.

"We are thankful to their commitment to deliver not one but two tournaments, in what has been a difficult year for golf."

There will be a $1m (£780,000) prize fund for the singles tournament, with a further £500,000 pot for the team event, which will see professional players partner with amateurs in a new format.

Both tournaments will be held within a bio-secure environment.

Wales' Amy Boulden, who clinched the first LET title of her career at the Swiss Ladies Open earlier this month, said: "This type of commitment to women's golf is really amazing to see at this time.

"It's given players another massive week to look forward to competing in and allows us to take the game we love to a new country where we can play on what is a truly incredible golf course with one of the most picturesque views you'll see on Tour."

England's Meghan MacLaren, who finished last season as the top British player on the LET, decided to boycott the event when it was scheduled for March for "sportswashing" reasons.

There have been accusations that Saudi Arabia is using tournaments such as these, or other events like last year's heavyweight world title rematch between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr, to divert attention away from human rights issues in the country.

However, the people behind bringing boxing, Formula E motor racing and golf, among other events to Saudi Arabia, have told BBC Sport "it's all part of a programme designed to get people more active".

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I wonder if the European women will be required to wear hijabs. BTW they have boxing in KSA now? That is cool as a boxing fan and
someone who loves the sport, I agree with them on that, the sweet science is good for people In that ring, there is nowhere to hide,
it is you and your opponent, going at it one on one. It seems like Saudi Arabia is trying to open up a bit more though, women can drive now.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I wonder if the European women will be required to wear hijabs. BTW they have boxing in KSA now? That is cool as a boxing fan and
someone who loves the sport, I agree with them on that, the sweet science is good for people In that ring, there is nowhere to hide,
it is you and your opponent, going at it one on one. It seems like Saudi Arabia is trying to open up a bit more though, women can drive now.
WTF you saying dude. Jesus.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That’s good know. Thanks for posting. I wasn’t aware that they are holding boxing matches there.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya Seems like everything I say, you say that. If I say the sky is blue you will say WTF? I am saying that Saudi Arabia is opening things up a bit
they now have boxing and women can drive, I never thought as a boxing fan I would see live boxing in the kingdom
@Finally I was unaware as well until I talked to a few of my boxing buddies and they were discussing possible future bouts in KSA
I was like Bosing is legal there now?"
For them any step towards being more modern is a godo thing, that is the only point I trying to make.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya All I am trying to say is opening things up like having the Ladies European tour and
reinstating boxing are all steps in the right direction. I wish Iran would open up more. As they are pushing
to modernization, we are going the opposite way.
Like dude I even took a 6 months break to focus on school and haven't hardly posted, you don't have to
zoon in on me every single time. Like can we at least agree that the sky is blue? lol Have a good one man I was being topical but whatever.

Jan 26, 2006
@Pooya All I am trying to say is opening things up like having the Ladies European tour and
reinstating boxing are all steps in the right direction. I wish Iran would open up more. As they are pushing
to modernization, we are going the opposite way.
Like dude I even took a 6 months break to focus on school and haven't hardly posted, you don't have to
zoon in on me every single time. Like can we at least agree that the sky is blue? lol Have a good one man I was being topical but whatever.
Are you on the autistic spectrum?

Why do you worry about what people think about you online? No need to make up stuff to impress people.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dude I have been honest from day one and said I have ADD I am not on the autism spetroom but two things.
1- It's not cool to make fun of someone who has a disability, that is something that I can't control and
2- It's not that I care but I notice I can say the same thing as everyone else yet I get singled and called out.
That is all

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Dude I have been honest from day one and said I have ADD I am not on the autism spetroom but two things.
1- It's not cool to make fun of someone who has a disability, that is something that I can't control and
2- It's not that I care but I notice I can say the same thing as everyone else yet I get singled and called out.
That is all
But you keep lying. You said you won a scarf in our TM trivia contest when you know you were eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round and we gave you (and others) a scarf as a giveaway.

Jan 26, 2006
But you keep lying. You said you won a scarf in our TM trivia contest when you know you were eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round and we gave you (and others) a scarf as a giveaway.

That is all
Dude you're a decent guy. I know you have an issue and left PFDC after you said a few apologies for lying recurrently. Here people just ignore you.

I do think people are too hard on you. There are others who are far more ideologically, and psychologically, damaged than you are but don't get mocked like you, because of your traits. You just crave validation and for some reason feel that internet forums and social media are the best place for it.

Who cares what people think? That's all I'm saying - maybe it's a far reach for an anonymous dude to get through to you but who knows.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I hear what you are saying loud and clear but a few things 1- I have changed from my PFDC days and I have proved multiple times, that I don't lie anymore.
I have proven that I am a navy vet and I have studied brazilian jiu jitisu and have shown my uniforms and military record.
I am glad that you brought this issue up. It is not that I care anymore, I just want to participate, just like everybody else, without getting constantly mocked.
There are members who are far worse than me here but like you said they don't get mocked or ridiculed. Everyone wants to be included, nobody likes the feeling of getting ignored, I just want to be apart of the group and not judged from the past.
I learned and have grown a lot from my mistakes at PFDC.
I just wish people would find it in their heart to not ignore me and I am being topical.