Scientific/Philosophical/Everyday questions you encounter

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I thought to make this thread where you can discuss questions you encounter in your everyday lives, for which you may or may not have an answer for but they will still make you think.

Please do not make it superterrestrial, bringing up UFO stuff.

I will start with the first question:

Have you ever thought about the fact that among all mammals, only we humans drink milk when we are adults? No other adult mammal in its natural habitat drinks milk. Does this mean that milk is naturally not good for you as an adult? All the way as a kid you learn milk gives you calcium. but obviously no other adult mammal needs to get it from milk!

Please share your thoughts.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That's not true dude. Dogs, cats, mice, monkeys and probably many other animals drink milk in adulthood if they can get their hands on some :)

The real problem with milk is the scarcity of boobs.
Yes but I said when they live in their natural habitats. Not with humans.
If humans didn't drink milk, they wouldn't either.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yes but I said when they live in their natural inhabitat. Not with humans.
If humans didn't drink milk, they wouldn't either.
How would they? Where would the milk come from for an adult mammal?

Milk production is very resource intensive for mother mammals and takes a toll on the survival of the species. Evolution dictates the species to steer away from this production as early as possible (infant mammal has reached nutrient stability and is able to live off other food).

A birth giving female is programmed to return to reproduction as quickly as possible. Evolution has made whores out of mammal females :)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
How would they? Where would the milk come from for an adult mammal?

Milk production is very resource intensive for mother mammals and takes a toll on the survival of the species. Evolution dictates the species to steer away from this production as early as possible (infant mammal has reached nutrient stability and is able to live off other food).

A birth giving female is programmed to return to reproduction as quickly as possible. Evolution has made whores out of mammal females :)
Good points. So then why would humans go against the evolution and not only drink milk as adults, but drink another animal's milk?

Different researchers suggest that adult humans could not even drink milk for some 1000s of years ago. They were all lactose intolerant in their adult ages and milk would be a toxin for them. Only in later millennia many humans (still not all) started to have a mutation in their genes to produce lactase (the protein that can digest lactose in milk).

Now the question is, why would adult humans develop milk tolerance? What was the benefit for them when all other mammals didn't need it? Is there a benefit at all or is it rather not yet known disadvantages only?

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
A lot of food we eat is because a huge industry is behind it; we overconsume protein by way of meat and milk...

I do enjoy up to 12 ounces of milk a week and also daily with coffee but realize milk is for calf and not human. I feels we get programmed with bad habits and hard to shake because we get conditioned; some have stronger connection with their food than others.. even though wrong choices.

I thought to make this thread where you can discuss questions you encounter in your everyday lives, for which you may or may not have an answer for but they will still make you think.

Please do not make it superterrestrial, bringing up UFO stuff.

I will start with the first question:

Have you ever thought about the fact that among all mammals, only we humans drink milk when we are adults? No other adult mammal in its natural habitat drinks milk. Does this mean that milk is naturally not good for you as an adult? All the way as a kid you learn milk gives you calcium. but obviously no other adult mammal needs to get it from milk!

Please share your thoughts.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
A lot of food we eat is because a huge industry is behind it; we overconsume protein by way of meat and milk...
Sure but humans were drinking milk way before the civilized world was civilized. The industries came because of the market behind people's need for milk.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
well source and availability of food was limited, if you only had a cow you would probably milk it all day back then. No 7-11 no mini-mart and no packaged food, your source of food was what was avail at home.

Sure but humans were drinking milk way before the civilized world was civilized. The industries came because of the market behind people's need for milk.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
The reason people drink so much more milk is because of pasteurizations and ultra pasteurization (goat milk) which is twice processed. Commericial milk is empty of nutrients, otherwise a 4 ounce of good milk is like a whole meal.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Milk is an excellent whole food. It's actually one of the best, if not the best. Why would humans NOT take advantage of it? What other whole package does nature offer better than milk and eggs?

I'm sure earlier human desire for animal milk came from pure necessity. It probably started from pure hunger, to attempting to nurture human babies using animal milk (probably because the human mother had no milk or the baby was being a crying bitch all the time!)

Milk is awesome. Drink a lot of it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I'm sure earlier human desire for animal milk came from pure necessity. It probably started from pure hunger, to attempting to nurture human babies using animal milk (probably because the human mother had no milk or the baby was being a crying bitch all the time!)
Sure, that is logical but then you'd think other mammals would do the same when they were hungry. I don't believe in them not being intelligent enough. When an animal is hungry, it can do things you would never believe just to get something to eat. Specially for, as you say, such a "whole food" as milk. The bigger/stronger animals always prevail in jungle's law. but you don't see them drinking a weaker animal's milk.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
sly the question you are posing is a bit of Vegan Fad.

Countries like Iran and Afghanistan have never been that good for crop production. if it was not for adults consuming dairy products all of our forefathers would have been dead.

now dude vegans have a point around industrial way milk and meat is produced.

they also have a good point that if everybody in the world wanted to eat as much animal protein as Americans the planet would collapse (with current technology).

however, their whole notion that we were not meant to eat meat or not meant to eat milk is b.s

humans learned how to hunt long before they learned how to plant a seed.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Sure, that is logical but then you'd think other mammals would do the same when they were hungry. I don't believe in them not being intelligent enough. When an animal is hungry, it can do things you would never believe just to get something to eat. Specially for, as you say, such a "whole food" as milk. The bigger/stronger animals always prevail in jungle's law. but you don't see them drinking a weaker animal's milk.
I didn't want to put a label on your discussion like Ehsan did, but he's right, you were probably hoping to take this somewhere it doesn't belong (anti-meat, anti dairy and all that crap)

The bigger/stronger animals have never been able to domesticate other species. Only humans have managed to do that. There are cases of cooperation and semi-friendly relationships between animals, but no true domestication.

It takes a special level of intelligence, mental domination and rapport to plunder another animals' resources without having to kill or fight for it. Only humans have evolved to that level so far.

And no, the bigger/stronger animal doesn't always prevail in the jungle's law. That honor goes to the 'generalists' who adapt to anything, anywhere, anytime using any means. Humans are excellent generalists. So are mice. Mice will outlive humans and most other mammals.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
lol God....this is a complete Iranian thing to prejudge someone based on nothing. Conspiracy theories to its max. I'm the biggest meat eater and milk drinker you can find on this earth! Nothing is yummier to me than a nice kabab barg and I can not live one day with vegetarian food, let alone with vegan. I drink milk every day with what ever I can find. Only because I raise a question for discussion doesn't necessarily mean I'm promoting something with an agenda! I'm basing my question on historic/scientific findings and nature. I don't know how this is close to promoting anything. Anyways, this thread is meant to be a friendly one with questions that arise in your heads. You are very welcome to post yours so we can all discuss them.

Chaharmahal: As said, different studies say humans could not even drink milk some 1000s of years ago. They could not tolerate it. However, they could get some of the dairy products because then they'd lose the lactose in milk. But drinking milk in itself came way later, only in recent millennia. So when humans were hunting, they weren't even drinking milk.

Soroush, dude, you have lost the point completely. and you don't need to domesticate animals to drink their milk. Specially if you are strong enough to hold a smaller animal on the ground. There could be 1000s of situations in nature where animals could easily drink another animal's milk. Specially if they had calves that were hungry.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
( Glass of milk gives you 7 gr of Protein , roughly 10% of what average adult needs daily . 0.8 times body weight in Kg is req'd daily protein (up to 60 grams suggested in some resources for adult male ) but it can be had from other sources too. some beans have up to 30 grams of protein per cup plus other goodies.

Todays milk is really a cocktail fortified with Vit D and nutrients to absorb calcium so you can add all that to a diet pepsi and claim diet pepsi is good for you. I personally think commercial milk gives a layer of fat tissue inside tummy and gives a feel good/fulness, unless you drinnk raw milk, you're just drinking milk for protein and drinking is easier than eating while on the go. )

Nutrition is such a vast field with so much profit to be made; one leading cardialogist considers the only point of takking supplements is to make expensive urine. I believe in a leading research which claims only reason fish oil is number one selling supplement worldwide is because they have too much fish and created a market for it, wonder if true for cows and milk. Study claims it actually creates skin cancer based on studies in Australia & Norway (away from ozone hole ) if I recall correctly.

This one Harvard studies on milk is not all that positive;

A hundred thousand men and women were followed for up to 20 years. Researchers found that milk-drinking women had higher rates of death, more heart disease, and significantly more cancer for each glass of milk. Three glasses a day was associated with nearly twice the risk of premature death, and they had significantly more bone and hip fractures. More milk, more fractures.

Men in a separate study also had a higher rate of death with higher milk consumption, but at least they didn’t have higher fracture rates.

So, the researchers found a dose dependent higher rate of both mortality and fracture in women, and a higher rate of mortality in men with milk intake, but the opposite for other dairy products like soured milk and yogurt, which would go along with the galactose theory, since bacteria can ferment away some of the lactose.

Studies have shown that greater milk consumption during childhood and adolescence contributes to peak bone mass, and is therefore expected to help avoid osteoporosis and bone fractures in later life. But that’s not what researchers have found . Milk consumption during teenage years was not associated with a lower risk of hip fracture, and if anything, milk consumption was associated with a borderline increase in fracture risk in men.

It appears that the extra boost in total body bone mineral density from getting extra calcium is lost within a few years..
https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/01/31/why-is-milk-consumption-associated-with-more-bone-fractures/

video by article's author, Dr Greger

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Studies shown you lose ur nuts on overconsumption of anything... I would still drink in moderation.

overconsuming meat definitely promotes cancer and The risks of eating excessive amounts of meat include heart disease, kidney disease, osteoporosis and Gout (Negres in farsi (درد مفاصل دست و پا در اثر تحجر اسید اوریک)) believe is the disease when too much Uric acid (meat ) is consumed.. Even trout Sardines scallops and Tuna have purines which is found in the body but also found in these foods and bumps uric acid levels.

Sidenote I was reading on history of gypies in Europe recently and they were frowned upon coz they ate tainted meat too.. arrrrgh

. I'm the biggest meet eater and milk drinker you can find on this earth! Nothing is yummier to me than a nice kabab barg and I can not live one day with vegetarian food, let alone with vegan. I drink milk every day with what ever I can find.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You can really not always rely on everything you have learned as facts as some years later, different studies may prove them wrong again.

All options must always be opened at all times.

Like when I was a kid, penicillin was mainly the right antibiotics given to patients with bacterial infections. Now, specially with increasing penicillin resistant bacteria, penicillin is not so easily prescribed anymore. At least not in Sweden.

One day something is good for you. Another day it's bad.

May 9, 2004
من برخی اوقات با خودم می نشینم و در مورد بسیاری از امور می اندیشم
شاید افکاری که به ذهنم می رسد در بسیاری از اوقات مضحک غیر علمی و عملی باشد یا به نظر برسد
ولی دوست دارم این افکار و ارا را با دوستان در میان بگذارم
برخی از اوقات هم انها را در این سایت می نویسم
و دوست دارم دوستان نظرات خود را در این مواردی که می نویسم ذکر کنند
چنانکه در مورد سرعت نور و برخی از مطالب دیگر در همین سایت پست هایی کردم
http://forums.iransportspress.com/threads/سرعت-نور-light-speed.73826/
مثلا یکی از افکاری که ذهن من را به خود مشغول کرده این است که ایا ممکن است که همه جهان هستی تنها یک الکترون یا ذره بنیادی تشکیل شده باشد
که با سرعتی ملیارها برابر سرعت نور در حرکت است و می تواند در همه جا وجود داشته باشد
و باعث تشکیل تما انچه وجود دارد شده باشد !!آ
برای توضیح ان مثال عکس هایی را می زنم که همه شما کم وبیش دیده اید
که اصطلاحا به ان نور دنباله دار گفته میشود
ما ان نور را در عکس به شکل یک خط طولانی می بینیم در صورتی که در اصل نور یک منبع که همان چراغ اتومبیل است می باشد
در مورد این تئوری هم به همین شکل یک تک الکترون
اگر با سرعتی که به تواند در یک ان در همه جا در جهان هستی حرکت کند می تواند همه جهان هستی و هر انچه هست را بوجود اورد
همچنین این تئوری می تواند مکانیک کوانتم را بهتر توضیح بدهد
برای بوجود امدن یک لیوان ما احتیاج به ملیاردها ذره اتمی داریم که خود از الکترون و پرتون تشکیل شده
یا شکل یک شیی مثلا یک لیوان را به خود بگیرد
حال اگر یک اتم در عین حال چنان سرعتی داشته باشد که بتواند در همه جاوجود داشته باشد می تواند کار ان ملیاردها اتم را انجام دهد
پس سرعت جای کمیت را خواهد گرفت
برای روشن شدن بهتر مثال یک زمین فوتبال و دها هزار تماشاگر و دو تیم فوتبال را در نظر بگیرید
اگر شخصی بتواند با چنان سرعتی حرکت کند که بتواند در عین حال در همه جای استادیوم از نیمکت تماشاگران تا دبازیکنان و داور وجود داشته باشد
و همه کارهای انها را انجام دهد
ما تنها احتیاج به یک شخص داریم تا ان استادیوم پر از هزاران تماشاگر و دو تیم فوتبال شود و بازی را ببینیم
امیدوارم این مثال اخر تئوری من را روشنتر کرده باشد
به همین خاطر تنها یک ذره بنیادی می تواند همه عالم هستی را شکل دهد اگر بتواند با سرعتی حرکت کند که در یک لحظه در همه جای جهان وجود داشته باشد
البته پایه های این تئوری لغزش های فرواانی دارد ولی حداقل می تواند مکانیک کوانتم را بهتر توضیح دهد تا فیزیک کنونی
مثلا در مورد پدیده تونل زنی الکترون
که با این تئوری می شود انرا باسانی توضیح داد
در اخر امیدوارم دوستان نظرات خود را در اینمورد بیان کنند
و از این راه بنده شخصا از دوستان گرامی مستفید شوم
متشکرم

May 9, 2004
You can really not always rely on everything you have learned as facts as some years later, different studies may prove them wrong again.

All options must always be opened at all times.

Like when I was a kid, penicillin was mainly the right antibiotics given to patients with bacterial infections. Now, specially with increasing penicillin resistant bacteria, penicillin is not so easily prescribed anymore. At least not in Sweden.

One day something is good for you. Another day it's bad.
کاملا حرف شما درسته
چنانکه مثلا در مورد تاثیر قهوه در اواخر سالهای شصت و اوایل هفتاد میلادی پژوهش ها و تجربیات نشان میداد که
قهوه برای سلامتی بسیار خطرناک است و برخی از انواع سرطان ها را ایجاد میکند
اگر به امار این دوره برگردید خواهید دید که مثلا در امریکا و اورپا بعد از اینکه امار نوشیدن قهوه بسیار بالا بوده
یکدفعه بعد از این پژوهش ها افت بسیاری کرده و تعداد انهایی که قهوه مصرف میکرده اند تقریبا به نصف کاهش یافته
بعدها در اواخر دهه نود و اوایل سال دوهزار تحقیقات دیگری درست برعکس تحقیقات دهه هفتاد بود
و دوباره میبینیم که امار نوشیدن قهوه دو تا سه برابر صعود کرده !!!آ
یا مثلا مصرف چربی ها که اشتباها علت برخی از بیماری های عروقی و قلبی دانسته میشد
و الان این رد شده است بلکه در بسیاری از تحقیات نشان داهد شده که مصرف چربی و مثلا کره بسیار مفید است !!ا
به نظر من در برخی از جاها تحقیقات به شکلی اشتباه میکند
و در برخی از جاها اقتصاد و تجارت حکم میکند و این تحقیقات بصورت اقتصادی و برای تحرک بازار در مورد جنسی مثبت یا منفی
نشان داده میشود