Scolari hired as Bunyodkor coach!

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004

Scolari hired to coach Uzbek champ Bunyodkor

TASHKENT, Uzbekistan (AP)—Luiz Felipe Scolari has been hired to coach Uzbek champion Bunyodkor, four months after being fired by Chelsea.

The 60-year-old Brazilian signed an 18-month contract Tuesday to replace fellow Brazilian Zico, who left the club in December to take over CSKA Moscow.
“Uzbek football now creates its own success story, especially Bunyodkor with its remarkable dynamism and prospects for the past four years,” Scolari said. “Completion of a new football stadium in the town of Tashkent, which is scheduled for March 2010, will open a new era for the club.”
Bunyodkor reached the semifinals of the Asian Champions League last season.
Scolari led Brazil to its fifth World Cup title in 2002, then coached Portugal before being recruited by Premier League club Chelsea last year.

Look at what our asian rivals are up to while we are wishing...

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
In Iran today our government builds useless Mosques and hires useless Mullhas to lead useless sermons, in addition to usless coaches and crumbling stadias all the while Uzbeks which by all counts were living in the dark ages upto 1991 are now far leading us in modern facilities and superior coaching staff!.... how sad, how very sad!.....

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
wanted to post that news actually!
shocking considering Scolari's reputation. he made a big mistake leaving Portugal NT when all Portuguese loved him there.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
woooooow.

He probably wants to take it easy and avoid highly demanding jobs.

I think the only reason he went there was because of money, in Brazilian league coaches earn little money, but he could have been easily hired in EPL or La Liga.

Mar 29, 2005
Iran should have hired him instead of Ghtobi for 2014 games .. because 2010 is done , and we are not going . this play that I have seen from Iran's team they better not go

They are terrible in passing the balls, terrible. we all saw the games with North korea . I never seen so many wrong passes and nobody could controll the ball.

Sep 25, 2005
Iran should have hired him instead of Ghtobi for 2014 games .. because 2010 is done , and we are not going . this play that I have seen from Iran's team they better not go

They are terrible in passing the balls, terrible. we all saw the games with North korea . I never seen so many wrong passes and nobody could controll the ball.
thats what i was thinking...even if we do make it, what does this team want to do in the world cup??

they are going to get slaughtered..there is no promise or tactical approach on display...furthermore we would struggle to get friendlies against decent teams as no one wants to play us unless we cash-up, which we know how generous our government is when it comes to football!!

Feb 11, 2006
In Iran today our government builds useless Mosques and hires useless Mullhas to lead useless sermons, in addition to usless coaches and crumbling stadias all the while Uzbeks which by all counts were living in the dark ages upto 1991 are now far leading us in modern facilities and superior coaching staff!.... how sad, how very sad!.....
If thats your view then you are unaware of the current political situation and Irans history.

shayanm

Bench Warmer
Nov 1, 2006
the way Bunyadkar is spending they will be an Asian powerhouse soon. they have already caused headaches to both PP and Sepahan beating them in Iran.
although i dont think scholari will do anything special but its good to see quality coaches/players coming to Asia.