Sepah Generals arrested..

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/watercooler/2009/jun/15/revolutionary-guards-arrested-iran/

It seems they wanted to, along with the army, join the people. I know the basij is ideological but sepah and army are from the general population and won't stay against the people for very long. It seems it's only a small elite group at the top of sepah who wants the coup. It's good to see that their feelings remain with the people and this is something that'll be even stronger in the lower ranks. People should welcome them to join them with open arms to unite against this coup and in changing Iran.

Qahreman

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
I would not count out basij if I were you. It's true they are more ideological, but many might actually believe in their religion and try to be on the right side. I am sure there are a good number that are torn by conflict, however it remains to be seen whether their hesitations and doubts will turn into any action (or non-action in some cases).

Feb 22, 2005
I know a Basiji in the family (I run into him once every few years), and last time I ran into him, I was talking to him and he was a very nice guy, caring, etc... He watched foreign shows on TV, etc.. Half of members of his family are anti-government. I just somehow cant see him going out and beating and killing people. Maybe he can but I think the fact that part of his family are anti-government will keep him from it, as he would not want to see his own family members with whom he hangs out get hurt.

I assume the same story goes across Iran.

All "lebas shakhsi","mozdoor" and under cover basiji's are being marked and indentify but people areound Iran right now. Soon will be a pay back time for them. For example, they guy that his picture was posted yesterday, holding on a gun and riding on a back seat of a bike has been marked as well as the rest of the family.

I talked to one from Tehran, that they have been looking for the guy that his pictures have been posted since early hours today (in one picture he is holding AN picture and in next he has a gun in his hand) he has been seen yesterday, shooting .......

Does anyone remember who was it that a long time ago said, "one day you will wake up and see mozdoor heads (hezbolahi) are hanging from every tree on Iran streets" .... who was it remember ?

Feb 22, 2005
As much as I hate what these bastard animal hezbis and their supporters are doing, brutalizing, torturing, and killing Iranians, I think the next government has to give amnesty, except for few the ones with serious crimes who should be tried in the prisons and given prison terms.

A democracy cannot be built on top of killings.

Qahreman

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
LOL @ soor esrafil material.... man i remember one time on his show he had people call him in and give name, address, and telephone numbers of whoever they thought was a Hezbollahi...

I think Zed's post sums up the situation in Iran. If we look at the pro-AN rally today, its even more obvious. Iran is polarized to a very dangerous degree. I hope Tehran does not turn into Beirut...

Jun 7, 2004
If it is true that some artesh or even Sepah generals have been arrested then you can be sure that this is in preparation for an all out war against the people and total military take over.

This is an important development and must not be taken lightly. It is absolutely necessary for the movement to try to win over some in the military and it is absolutely necessary for the world to 100% stand against a military take over, what it would take.