Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga & rest of the world ( News , Result , Goals & Videos) ( 2019-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Serie A, all sport in Italy halted due to coronavirus outbreak

All sports in Italy have been halted because of the coronavirus outbreak, including games in Serie A and preparatory events for the Tokyo Olympics, Italy Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte confirmed in a television address on Monday.
Conte said the suspension -- which is part of a countrywide lockdown -- would go into effect on Tuesday.
Earlier Monday, the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI), which oversees all sporting events in the country and had initially recommended the ban to the Italian government, said the stoppage would last until April 3.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Serie A to resume from Week 25?

The Lega Serie A is meeting today to discuss how to resume the season and it’s very likely they’ll play the remaining Week 25 fixtures on June 13-14.

When the campaign was interrupted in mid-March, some Week 25 games were called off due to the coronavirus pandemic, which at the time was largely localised in the northern regions.

Therefore, Atalanta-Sassuolo, Verona-Cagliari, Inter-Sampdoria and Torino-Parma were postponed.

The fixture list got back on track with all of Week 26 played, albeit some of them behind closed doors.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the plan to resume the Serie A fixtures will try to create as much balance as possible by recovering those fixtures first, on the weekend of June 13-14.

It’ll then allow the full season to get back on track for the weekend of June 20 with all the teams having played 26 matches.

That would also fit in with the general call to restart the season closer to June 20 th

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
It is great for Inter -- we had so many injuries and now the team is healthy -- maybe Serie A champion ? Haha ... don't know but possible

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
La Liga is also back from June 8, lots of smaller teams are protesting it since majority of their revenue comes from Match day fans and that is all out now. I still dont understand why they are pushing so much to restart the league? what is the rush for?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
La Liga is also back from June 8, lots of smaller teams are protesting it since majority of their revenue comes from Match day fans and that is all out now. I still dont understand why they are pushing so much to restart the league? what is the rush for?
Life has to go back to semi-normal at some point ...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
100% agree, but you really got to think about the smaller teams. I think this is not fair to them.
I agree but by the same token, when are we going to have fans in the stadium ? there is no date that we could say everybody will be safe.
This will only happen when the Vaccine comes. When is that ? 10 months away ? 2 years away ?
so we have to think about possibly sharing the TV revenue with smaller teams. Something like that ... I really don't know the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.