Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga & rest of the world ( News , Result , Goals & Videos) ( 2020-21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Still plenty of time for Inter to make a mess of things in Serie A. Juve's odds just improved since they got eliminated (due to the refs decision) in champions league.

Although it does have to be said that it appears Pirlo has no idea what he is doing with his constant roulette starting lineups.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Italian FA showing favoritism by cancelling the Inter game. Juve was forced to play when their team had the china virus, and key players were missing.
Inter are unimpressed with Andrea Pirlo after the Juventus coach seemed to suggest that the Nerazzurri’s COVID-19 outbreak had been fortunate to their plans.

Antonio Conte’s side have been forced into self-isolation and saw yesterday’s Serie A match against Sassuolo postponed, whilst all international players have been ordered to remain in Milan rather than join up with squads, after four players tested positive.

As reported in today’s newspaper edition of Corriere dello Sport, Inter are frustrated by comments made by Pirlo in his press conference ahead of Juventus’ match against Benevento, in which he suggested it was fortunate as the Nerazzurri would have more time to train with the team.

However, Inter are unhappy with this view and believe that any COVID-19 case cannot be seen as a good thing and that the only luck would be that the outbreak appears to have been limited to just four players so far.

Likewise, the Nerazzurri would rather have played the match against Sassuolo than allow it to be postponed and added to an already crowded fixture list in April, with Inter feeling that they could have carried out the match without their infected quartet yesterday.

Indeed, Inter and coach Antonio Conte believe that Pirlo’s words were simply mind-games and an effort to stoke up pressure amongst the league leaders ahead of the final run in to determine the outcome of the Serie A title.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Benevento goalie playing like he should be in the Juve squad and Woji playing like he should be in the Benevento squad. Benevento goalie was lights out today. (y) Meanwhile Buffon is just sitting on the bench. Buffon can stop 8 shots from Messi in champions league but apparently (according to Pirlo) he's not good enough to play against Benevento. Pirlo is a clown.

No excuses, Juve sucks this season. Pirlo needs to go along with most of the midfield.

This result basically guarantees Inter the title unless they really, really fall apart. Also I can't see Cristiano staying with Juve. He'll be back in Real or possibly Man U soon.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Isnt he best player in Italy? has he not scored shit ton of goals? broken all sort of personal records? are you saying taking him out would make Juve stronger? I mean look where Juve was before he came? oh wait .... oops.
Your comments the last few weeks just show that you don't actually watch Juventus games. Obviously Juve will be weaker without Ronaldo. The comment about relegation is closer to a joke than a sensible prediction.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Also I can't see Cristiano staying with Juve. He'll be back in Real or possibly Man U soon.
And just after I write this, reports from Paratici to skysports that, "We've decided to keep Cristiano Ronaldo. He's the best player in the world and he'll stay with us." Top tier 1 source as it is from the Juve Sporting Director. The only option for Real now is if Ronaldo forces a move.

If Real is really lucky perhaps Juve will buy (more washed up talents like) Hazard now that he is injured and cheap. Just gotta figure out a way to convince Real to sell him at a loss then rehab him and take his PS5 away.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Your comments the last few weeks just show that you don't actually watch Juventus games. Obviously Juve will be weaker without Ronaldo. The comment about relegation is closer to a joke than a sensible prediction.
Dude I am not sure you are joking or not, but I think you are smart , no shit it was a "joke" !!!
FACT: Juventus has performed worst since CR joining.
Would they be better if he leaves? I dont know, but him leaving opens the door for Juve to sign 2-3 players which could improve. Now why Juventus is performing worst since CR joining, I think (my personal opinion) is CR wage is too high preventing Juventus signing more decent players.
Anyway good luck!

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
FACT: Juventus has performed worst since CR joining.
Not true. The first 2 seasons Juve were considered one of the strongest teams in the world. This season the team has performed very poorly.

I think (my personal opinion) is CR wage is too high preventing Juventus signing more decent players.
Anyway good luck!
Definitely true. He is an expensive player. But don't forget he also pays a portion of his own wages through sponsorship deals he brings into Juve. Still an expensive player though.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Not true. The first 2 seasons Juve were considered one of the strongest teams in the world. This season the team has performed very poorly.
Here are the stats (FACTS) no "feeling" here, these are just hard numbers/facts:
Comparing 3 year prior to CR vs 3 Year after CR (Just comparing Serie A/ Coppa Italia and Champions League)
2015-16: Champions - Serie A with 91 points | Champions Coppa Italia | Round of 16 eliminated by Bayern in Champions League
2016-17: Champions - Serie A with 91 points (again) | Champions Coppa Italia | Runner up (Real Madrid Champions) of Champions League
2017-18: Champions - Serie A with 95 points | Champions Coppa Italia | Quarter Finals in Champions League - Eliminated by Real Madrid
----- CR JOINS----
2018-19:
Champions - Serie A with 90 points | Quarter Finals Coppa Italia (Eliminated by Atalanta) | Quarter Finals in Champions League - Eliminated by Ajax
2019-20: Champions - Serie A with 83 points | Runner up Coppa Italia (Napoli winners) | Round of 16 in Champions League - Eliminated by Lyon
2020-21: 3rd right now (27 games played) 10 points behind leaders Inter | In the Final of Coppa Italia | Round of 16 in Champions League - Eliminated by Porto

Summary:
3 Years prior to Ronaldo joining Juventus won: 3 Serie A title / 3 Coppa Italia / Made the final of Champions League
3 Years AFTER Ronaldo joining Juventus won: 2 Serie A (they are 10 points behind Inter for the current season) / 0 Coppa Italia (they are in the final for this year, so at best 1) / Highest place in Champions League? Quarter Finals.

The above is just FACT, no feeling no biased, nothing, simply facts.
Now how Juve were considered of the strongest teams in the world while doing WORSE than prior 3 years, is something I am not sure I fully understand.

Jan 26, 2006

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
One thing that I have to mention is that both Inter and Milan team are the strongest in recent years so let's not give credit only lack of performance of Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.